Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 LastLast

Also, a story doesn't need to be extremely long for it to be good, PSO1's story was awesome, short, and immersive, basically, that's all you need to make an amazing MMO

Quote Originally Posted by MightyHarken View Post
    Also, a story doesn't need to be extremely long for it to be good, PSO1's story was awesome, short, and immersive, basically, that's all you need to make an amazing MMO
    Not with today's industry.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Someone said the history of Phantasy Star isn't rich? You must not pay attention to the deeper lore and/or overarching storylines.

Honestly I'm just glad folks are having a dialogue about what's 'good' and bad' about the series. Because I mean, Jesus Jumping Christ, the fact that I was like the only person in the 43° Broadcast thread that said something other than "WOW OMG THAT LOOKS SO AWESOME" when it came to the Las Vegas field was mortifying.

For me, Phantasy Star is about a rich, lush world(s) with enigmatic characters and an interesting, science-fiction story that isn't too overbearing and/or ridiculous, topped off with a dose of 'good vs. evil', the evil usually being in some form of demon (Dark Falz, The Profound Darkness, etc.).

...and, PSO2 has precisely none of those elements, save for the tried-and-true enemy in Dark Falz. So, at least they got that right. The worlds are flat and uninteresting, the characters are all annoying and terrible, and the story...well, we all know about the story. Fuckin' yikes.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Jul 1, 2016 at 09:03 PM.

EP4 takes the cake introducing annoying characters and using a goddamn overused cliche, the bath scene which was just unnecessary for me.

Och had the guts to call our MC 70% fucking weak when we just blasted Profound Darkness back to it's hell hole and even Hitsugi knew through record that our MC is the person who defeated Profound Darkness(while not true defeat)
    Last edited by Meteor Weapon; Jul 1, 2016 at 09:01 PM.

I didn't think it was awesome. It's okay. Actually, it was pretty much what I expected from the datamined enemy names.
    Really though, everything would be fine if they had both Earth stuff and outer space stuff.

I was going to talk about PSU having multiple planets, but so does PSO2.
    But PSO2 dumped the whole multiple planet thing to focus on Earth. Which seems like a much smaller scope than episode 1-3's saving the galaxy.
    The universe is a big place. Surely there are more planets that ARKS has business on. Planets also tend to be huge.
    Is the galaxy such a happy place with just the Falzes/Darkers gone, that ARKS literally has nothing better to do than focus on a single planet in an alternate reality?
    I heard Earth blew up a long time ago in the Phantasy Star universe. If so, all the human ARKS should be super ecstatic that their home planet exists somewhere.

The bath scene is super cliche, yes.

Today's industry tends to be about hand holding people through a story where everything is fully laid bare.
    It's terribly boring. I liked when stories were more about hinting at stuff and letting people figure out the rest themselves.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jul 1, 2016 at 09:04 PM.

Well Ultimate Amduscia is coming so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    I didn't think it was awesome. It's okay. Actually, it was pretty much what I expected from the datamined enemy names.
    Really though, everything would be fine if they had both Earth stuff and outer space stuff.

I was going to talk about PSU having multiple planets, but so does PSO2.
    But PSO2 dumped the whole multiple planet thing to focus on Earth. Which seems like a much smaller scope than episode 1-3's saving the galaxy.
    The universe is a big place.
    Is it really such a happy place with just the Falzes/Darkers gone, that ARKS literally has nothing better to do than focus on a single planet in an alternate reality?
    I heard Earth blew up a long time ago in the Phantasy Star universe. If so, all the human ARKS should be super ecstatic that their home planet exists somewhere.
    The Profound Darkness is still running around, it's just that since ARKS apparently figured out how they needed to kill it, for some reason its threat level has been degraded from "the worst thing to happen to the universe" to "it's here again, go kill it". Falzes even moreso, since at this point every Falz is a clone generated by PD.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

I heard PD is tied to the player so it just comes back when it feels like it.
    It must not be very important since ARKS is more interested in solving another reality's problems.

Xiao was still searching away to kill it for good, and throughout the whole time skip he found nothing. So no, they have yet to find a way to kill it other than hoping they'd weaken it for Persona to jump in, rewind it's time and save the day, but even that can't last forever.

I'll say this again, PSO2 Earth's stupidity and ignorance to PD's existence might be the cause that could possibly doom everyone.
    Last edited by Meteor Weapon; Jul 1, 2016 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    I heard PD is tied to the player so it just comes back when it feels like it.
    It must not be very important since ARKS is more interested in solving another reality's problems.
    Meh, it's really has to do with time travel shenanigans. Which is tied to the player, because PD's host is Persona, who is a version of Player-chan from another timeline who can travel through time.

Also, no love for PSO2es's story?
    Last edited by Altiea; Jul 1, 2016 at 09:19 PM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]