Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Exclamation So, I'm probably screwed

So reading bumped, I saw at the bottom of the broadcast post that they'll be removing secure OTP in September.

The problem is that I'll need to either remove it or switch to google, and in order to do that I need either my secret password, birthday I put in when I first made the account, or the name I put in when I first made it, I don't remember any of these.

So what do you guys think, will sega just remove OTP from my account and allow me to log in normally? Or am I screwed out of my 2500+ hours, all my items, and characters?

Also, any way to contact sega about this? Doubt it'll work but anything to help?
    Last edited by Weiss9029; Jun 19, 2016 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Weiss9029 View Post
    So reading bumped, I saw at the bottom of the broadcast post that they'll be remove secure OTP in September.

The problem is that I'll need to either remove it or switch to google, and in order to do that I need either my secret password, birthday I put in when I first made the account, or the name I put in when I first made it, I don't remember any of these.

So what do you guys think, will sega just remove OTP from my account and allow me to log in normally? Or am I screwed out of my 2500+ hours, all my items, and characters?

Also, any way to contact sega about this? Doubt it'll work but anything to help?
    Sega will remove it, but probably urge you to switch if you would want to keep your benefits and or shit out new switch now campaigns.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Well reading this topic made me change from secure to google
    But now I know if there's any fuck up, my account will be good as dead.

With secure OTP I could've mail to them to fix the problem. With Google I would need to go directly to Sega. Aka "rip account"

Anyone still on Secure OTP wanting to switch to, or looking to just start on Google Authentication take note: when you set it up, you will be assigned a termination code. Do NOT neglect to keep a copy of this code - if something happens and you need to get into your account or kill it off you are going to run into some extreme difficulties without that code; especially since all GAuth issues have to be run by Sega support themselves who may or may not give you the time of day if you are outside of Japan.

The termination code lets you disable Google Authentication without having to provide a OTP password, in the event you lose your device or the ability to generate proper passcodes. Secure OTP didn't need this because your passcodes are tied to an account which you can log into, but with GAuth, your passcodes are tied to your device (or multiple devices if you set them all up at once - there's no way to add more without rooting your other devices or generating a new root code/QR code).

If you are using GAuth but have no termination code, I would suggest disabling it (if you have proper passcodes you can provide that and not the termination code) and then set it up again (and any other devices you have if you want) to get a new termination code.
    Last edited by Lyrise; Jun 19, 2016 at 06:21 PM.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Um... where was the termination code supposed to be?

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius-91 View Post
    Sega will remove it, but probably urge you to switch if you would want to keep your benefits and or shit out new switch now campaigns.
    I really hope so, I am in a similar position

Quote Originally Posted by Yukipon View Post
    It's the "ワンタイムパスワード解除コード". It appears after you type in the Secret Key and put in the 6 digit code.

Sorry about that.
    sorry but i dont get it neither i did dasble my old mobile device registration and made a fresh one with the same mobile and using the QR code way but i only got a msg on my phone and no termination code at all ? whats worng so far?

After you enter the secret key into the GAuth app and type in the 6 digit code, press 「登録」 to get to the next page with the One Time Password Unlock Code.

Write it down and don't lose it. Otherwise, you'll have to remember essentially all the important account info from when you registered when you file a support claim with SEGA.

Also, I deleted the last post if people were wondering.
    sorry yea i found out myself after a saw a guide :P btw how is it the Gauth? i was always fine on otp so im pretty pissed to swich off atm ...unless there is a campaign going on..

Sorry. G.Auth = Google Authenticator.

Also, realized there is actually something called a Gauth Authenticator.
    ahah np i know its google ...btw i was thinking killing the otp service and at the same time swich to google would still cause some kind of conseguence on OTP storage? or everything will be fine like before?