Default 5 or 8 Hildebears? SoaB

I'm going crazy looking for the extra 3 hildebears that PSOW has in enemy counts. Can anyone help point me in the right direction, or are there actually only 5 in forest 2?

Looking through the guides, there are 5 in Forest 2 if you take the "short" route and 8 if you take the "long" route.

Have you tried clearing all of Forest 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryna View Post
    Looking through the guides, there are 5 in Forest 2 if you take the "short" route and 8 if you take the "long" route.

Have you tried clearing all of Forest 2?
    I'm fairly certain that I have; I've run circles around every pixel in forest 2, opened every box, taken every warp, and hit every laser switch. I was hoping there was something simple I was missing that someone had insight to. I've yet to find the 3 extra bears from the "long route"

Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    I'm fairly certain that I have; I've run circles around every pixel in forest 2, opened every box, taken every warp, and hit every laser switch. I was hoping there was something simple I was missing that someone had insight to. I've yet to find the 3 extra bears from the "long route"
    It has been a long time since I've played Soul of a Blacksmith.

One Idea: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...icle&artid=633
    Have you tried flipping switch #12 in Forest 2 and going back to SE room to get the loot?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryna View Post
    It has been a long time since I've played Soul of a Blacksmith.

One Idea: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...icle&artid=633
    Have you tried flipping switch #12 in Forest 2 and going back to SE room to get the loot?
    Yeah I have tried that and other methods similar to flipping switch 12. I have even tried to clear that room last before hitting the switch / or taking warp 2 before hitting switch 12. I've probably run the quest ~15 times now trying a bunch of different combinations with full clears. I have done a full clear, and even gone back to the forest 1 warp hoping there might be a spawn there.

At this point, I'm nearly convinced there are only 5 bears in the quest.
    Last edited by Cai; Jun 27, 2016 at 07:57 PM.

There are indeed only 5. I took a peek at the contents of the quest file and there's only 5 bears in Forest 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    There are indeed only 5. I took a peek at the contents of the quest file and there's only 5 bears in Forest 2.
    Thank you for confirming my suspicions. I can stop going crazy and just speed run it now