Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast

I've been through many hurricanes, and I can say with complete certainty that us down here in Florida couldn't give a fuck about anything less than a Category 5 storm.

However, up where Sandy hit, they never experience that shit, had no idea what to expect, massively under-prepared for it, and paid the price. Not 100% their fault, as their buildings are most likely not built up to the tropical weather standards the buildings down here are, but that's how it goes.

Anyway, that all has nothing to do with PSO2, so that's enough of that.

Yes, I was in no way implying that it's of the same importance.
    And obviously not trying to upset anyone or act "arrogant".

A lot of the things I say, I'm well aware that I've probably made the same mistakes.
    I never said I was better than anyone else. I think.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jul 4, 2016 at 12:38 PM.

Since this thread has completely derailed, I thought I'd just ask a question that I've been super curious about:

1) What are your definitions of 'Elitist' and 'Leechers/Leeching'? Because so many people aren't on the same page at all about what they mean,and that's an issue in itself. I've seen that, apparently when someone's main class is level 75 but their sub class is a low-level when going into an MPA, it's considered leeching. I just don't understand that, because that's what a lot of people do in order to feed a bit of EXP to their sub class while they aren't playing that class as main. Isn't that the point of a sub class? Idk, someone educate me please.

There are always unused blocks. Sega could take like 3-4 of them and lock them behind a requirement for you to join them. The requirement could be to clear solo XQ to access the block and this requirement will only work per character. So you cant just clear in on one decent character and then leech with scrubby alts after.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanverse View Post

1) What are your definitions of 'Elitist' and 'Leechers/Leeching'?
    - "Elitist" : Some annoying snob that thinks he's the best and doesn't help anyone improve.
    - "Leech" : Some annoying dude that doesn't do anything on purpose but is the first one to go after rewards. New players and noobs are not leeches.

These are my opinion on the subject.
    Last edited by Tunga; Jul 4, 2016 at 12:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!

I was thinking about people getting upset so easily whenever anyone tries to encourage improvement.
    Or anytime it's something that hurts, people prefer to turn a blind eye and try to forget. Then we end up making the same mistakes again.
    It's not just in video games, I see it everywhere now. That's why I started thinking of other examples, and got carried away.

I apologize for straying too far off-topic.
    I'm hungry and a little sleep-deprived, so please be a little lenient.

Elitist:
    - Someone who thinks having the absolute best gear is mandatory despite everyone already being super efficient, to the point of kicking/blocking people.
    - Someone who goes around boasting about having the absolute best gear.
    - Probably someone who always blames everyone but themselves? Maybe.

Leecher:
    - Someone who sits around doing nothing. Seen a lot of people doing that.
    - Someone with super ultra terrible gear who contributes less than 3% or so, and dies non-stop. If you can't do enough damage, at least keep yourself alive.
    - Someone with the best gear ever, and still contributes less than 3%. I mean, what the hell.
    - Someone with a really bizarre class combo at really low levels.
    - Someone who intentionally wears full lucky drop/exp boost gear with bad stats, knowing they will perform like shit.

I personally don't think subclass being too low matters too much, depending on combination, setup, gear, etc.
    I'm pretty sure I've topped damage meters with not-so-high subs before. Or I accidentally forgot to change class and still performed decently.
    A good player will still make do with what they've got, although there will still be limits to what they can do.

And I'm kinda hesitant to call someone a leecher if they are trying hard to play well.
    At the same time, if they were trying hard enough, they should at least grind their units and stuff like that.

I think elitists usually don't try to help people get better gear, they just demand everyone have it.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jul 4, 2016 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raujinn View Post
    Incidentally.. is there a reason against a full Austere set? Cause I'm pondering it seeing as my main is heading towards a couple of Austere weapons now and doesn't have an Orbit to take advantage of that set bonus.
    Just that orbit tail can be bought for a cheap sum of 2m meseta for basically the same thing (resists + 70hp/5pp vs resists + 50hp/7pp). The aus vs orbit has nothing to do with set bonus for me personally. It's just about their inherent boosts including strike/ranged/tech/element resists and a nice chunk of hp. Orbit tail is 2mil mes vs aus leg is 50torana/nero + inv leg.

Fair enough. Yeah Austere set is something I'd like but Invades being so absurdly rare and as a result kinda expensive does put me off seeking it.

レッグ/インヴェリーフ starts at 4M, アーム/インヴェンド around 10M and リア/インヴェルム around 9M as of checking just now, in case anyone's curious.

yeah it sucks the rear/arm are so expensive, but it's definitely worth it. it's absurd how much less damage you take from stuff compared to crafted saiki.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    yeah it sucks the rear/arm are so expensive, but it's definitely worth it. it's absurd how much less damage you take from stuff compared to crafted saiki.
    and SEGA like the assholes they are 1: released austere units late, and 2: didn't put invade units in Zeig's shop.

I just refuse to upgrade to units with 0 resale value, especially after I sold either the arms or legs before austere units came out. I am not paying ~23mil for 3 units, and still have to fork over dozens of millions to affix them after the fact for +80 atk, some HP, and some resistances over saiki that I can't even sell back when I'm done with them.

I'm just really salty about how they handled the units.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

The attack bonus for all austere set is still 60 attack like Saiki, the Leg + Weapon bonus is 80 Defence.