Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast

It's like +10 Atk per grind past +30 and still costs a lambda per fodder. Plus, +31-+34 are ugly numbers.

As for making it clear, it's not Sega's fault we don't read moonrunes:
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeris View Post
    It's like +10 Atk per grind past +30 and still costs a lambda per fodder. Plus, +31-+34 are ugly numbers.

As for making it clear, it's not Sega's fault we don't read moonrunes:
    Spoiler!
    Feels like writing 30/3x somewhere more obvious on the weapon itself would be a better idea, like the very first tab, like how they did with rings, but chose not to here for whatever reason.

Also, you should tell that Br/Ra that opted to million storm for 2k damage over using weak bullet that +7 is an uglier number than +10, since that's where she left her units.

Now that parsing is gone, I'm going to have to get better at inspecting everyone at a tele fast, so its been enlightening.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Jul 3, 2016 at 12:10 AM.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Boss EQs are a lot more boring for me now that parsing is supposedly being cracked down upon. I guess I just really liked the competitiveness it brought out of me, rushing to see who can do the most damage was pretty fun.

Now it's just like, I go do Magatsu and Profound Darkness, finish, grab my loot, and that's that. There's nothing else to discuss besides saying "GG" and leaving. I can't see if I did worse or better than my previous runs nor just compete with my teammates, they're just a boring routine of beating on a excube pinata with no interesting feedback to go over.

I played fine and had fun without parser before, but that's when game were fresh for me to play and I had gear to work towards. It's not like that anymore. The last bit of fun I've gotten out of the game after absolutely exhausting every bit of content came from the competitive edge parser provided as silly as that sounds. Outside of boss EQs, all I do now is monotonous grinding for shit I don't even need vs. enemies that can barely get an attack off on me because ARKS are overpowering bastards.
    Last edited by Shadowstarkirby; Jul 3, 2016 at 12:05 AM.
    Spoiler!

[Ship 02]
    ID: Shadowstarkirby
    Character: Dial
    Classes: Hr, Fi/Hu, Hu/Fi, Br/Hu, Bo/Hu, Ra/Hu, Gu/Hu, Te/Fi, Su/Fi, Fo/Te

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeris View Post
    While the primary use of parsing is undoubtedly ego stroking, you can use it to compare different approaches to a boss to see what works better on average. You can still eyeball it, sure, but it's a pretty common story in online RPGs for someone who thinks they're the second coming to find out that they deal rather mediocre damage and have just been reinforcing bad habits the whole time.
    That's why you can just time how long a boss battle takes for you. The damage won't matter since the boss is always going to have the same HP.

The only argument against this has really been "It let's players improve" when it actually doesn't do that, because looking at numbers won't improve anyone. There is no reason to allow this tool to be continued to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostbob117 View Post
    That's why you can just time how long a boss battle takes for you. The damage won't matter since the boss is always going to have the same HP.

The only argument against this has really been "It let's players improve" when it actually doesn't do that, because looking at numbers won't improve anyone. There is no reason to allow this tool to be continued to be used.
    clearly you did not read much of this thread and skipped to the last couple pages... yeah sure you can time a boss battle if you're soloing. do many people do that a lot? no. looking at numbers during say pd or LQing actually does tell you if you're improving because you can look at it as you are playing. is it 100% accurate? no because some people have faster movement such as guren or ilzonde which not every class has access to or overkill damage on mobs like kazan/chaos riser. however, you can still look at relative improvement on say a boss realizing "hey i did 800k to this dio hunar before it died rather than 500k like before, i must have used a better combo". simply generalizing saying "numbers won't improve anyone" is incredibly ignorant.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Yeah, but that only applies to solo battling bosses. Which I imagine isn't what most people are concerned with. They want a real-time comparison with other people, and there isn't any other way to get that. Not in any easy concrete way, anyroad. I don't use it in this game, but in FF14 I'll usually ask my friends who use parsers what I'm hitting compared to other classes. It let's me know where I stand comparatively. And having precise numbers is a hell of a lot nicer than ball-parking it. I understand the argument against it, toxicity and all that jazz.....but toxic players are always going to be toxic players. I can't help but feel Sega is jumping the gun on this, and really, banning people outright just for using it? That's just too harsh. If there was substantial proof of a player using it to discriminate, yeah, sure, ban that player for it. But to just blanket everyone like this? It just....reeks of laziness. Well, to me at least.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    clearly you did not read much of this thread and skipped to the last couple pages... yeah sure you can time a boss battle if you're soloing. do many people do that a lot? no. looking at numbers during say pd or LQing actually does tell you if you're improving because you can look at it as you are playing. is it 100% accurate? no because some people have faster movement such as guren or ilzonde which not every class has access to or overkill damage on mobs like kazan/chaos riser. however, you can still look at relative improvement on say a boss realizing "hey i did 800k to this dio hunar before it died rather than 500k like before, i must have used a better combo". simply generalizing saying "numbers won't improve anyone" is incredibly ignorant.
    Then you realize that the players you are playing with have changed and allowed you that 300k extra damage. So you may not have improved at all and think you have. Which is a lot worse then not knowing at all. It's better to compare you numbers you see that you are hitting to other people who uses the same class as you. Then, you just need to figure out how you'll hit the enemy and when(to avoid death).

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    Yeah, but that only applies to solo battling bosses. Which I imagine isn't what most people are concerned with. They want a real-time comparison with other people, and there isn't any other way to get that. Not in any easy concrete way, anyroad. I don't use it in this game, but in FF14 I'll usually ask my friends who use parsers what I'm hitting compared to other classes. It let's me know where I stand comparatively. And having precise numbers is a hell of a lot nicer than ball-parking it. I understand the argument against it, toxicity and all that jazz.....but toxic players are always going to be toxic players. I can't help but feel Sega is jumping the gun on this, and really, banning people outright just for using it? That's just too harsh. If there was substantial proof of a player using it to discriminate, yeah, sure, ban that player for it. But to just blanket everyone like this? It just....reeks of laziness. Well, to me at least.
    Why should they put any effort into getting rid of them when it's pretty clear they do not like third party tools used on their game anyways. They have shown this so many times of trying to get rid of the English Patch, and they didn't even want the Tweaker to be used.
    Last edited by Lostbob117; Jul 3, 2016 at 02:59 AM.

Then you realize that the players you are playing with have changed and allowed you that 300k extra damage. So you may not have improved at all and think you have. Which is a lot worse then not knowing at all. It's better to compare you numbers you see that you are hitting to other people who uses the same class as you. Then, you just need to figure out how you'll hit the enemy and when(to avoid death).
    Good thing overparse let us monitor the performance of those other players as well as our own so we have the ability to consider the possibilities easier.

Your point was what again?

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Reading this topic, I understand the problem a bit more, and I can understand why a developer would feel concern. In a way, it means they care about their community, but they really are going at it the wrong way.

I'd never use a damage parser to shame people, but leechers in this game are a much bigger issue than elitists.
    I don't mean people 'not doing as much damage as me', I mean people not doing any kind of relevant damage, whether it's because they are using 10* weapons at +5 and 30% with 1~2s units or because they are just not doing anything... literally.
    I don't care about equipment much, and I don't care if you're using crafted and/or 11/12* weapons, but if you are in Extra Hard difficulty, you owe it to yourself and everyone in the same party to have decent gear, and there is no excuse not to have a decent 12* weapon paired with 4s units - a simple power/stamina/spirita/soul, for instance, is enough in my book.
    I'm a strong advocate of 'good equipment does not equate good player', but when you see three different players in a MBD:Demise run with old-type 11~12* weapons at +5 and 30% and no affixing on weapon or units, you begin to have doubts.

It may only be on ship 02, but playing some emergencies (even as stupidly easy ones as MBD:Intrusion) has become literally impossible.
    In the MBD:Demise scheduled yesterday, two chimneys were destroyed by wave 3. I simply gave up. I cannot solo that mission.

Maybe the players feeling the same way I do have been too vehement about explaining to other players how useless and harmful they are, and it has led to SEGA taking action, but if SEGA cared about the community, they'd listen to everyone. Banning the use of the damage parser is akin to cutting off your leg to stop your toe from bleeding.
    Last edited by Hrith; Jul 3, 2016 at 04:58 AM.

Extra hard needs an ilvl requirement(based on +s/r/tattk and weeapon grind level + rarity?) for EQ's and needs to lock you into your weapon/unit choices.

People running around with full lucky rise units and umbra rods aren't ok.

XH is actually hard enough that leechers and severely undergeared players sabotage runs and shouldn't be allowed in.

There's NOTHING in the game to stop these players from getting to 70, or even 75 on every single class either. No road blocks, no gates, nothing to hinder your progress, You can be a gimp with 0 affix units 3 star weapons and 75 on every class and nothing can be done about you.

That's not acceptable.

edit:
    Also, what this does is cause the good players and players in general to complain "these eq's are too hard! XH is too hard! we always fail!" because of so many undergeared/leeching players that don't know any better and will probably never know any better as Sega protects them and coddles them.

Thus, the content gets nerfed, we get easier content and stop getting more difficult content. By then good players have probably already quit(or a lot of them) from frustration, and easy content will cause even more to quit, then the bad players have no one to look up to and nothing to strive for, and end up quitting as well.

After this, the whales start to quit too as there's no one to "show off their 1337 gear" to. Game is now barely alive at this point.

It's a bad situation to be in and leads to even worse things, and Sega is making the WORST possible decision for the health of the game.

It's bad.
    Last edited by Shiyo; Jul 3, 2016 at 05:20 AM.