Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpen Thingy View Post
    no one wants a US version aside console peasants and people too lazy to use the tweaker so stop making cancerish threads like this plz
    Gotta love people who say stuff like this as fact when it's only their opinion.

I actually know a number of people, including myself, who aren't "console peasants" who don't play the Japanese version of the game and would play an overseas version of the game on the PC when it's released due to a number of reasons.

I, myself, enjoy immersing myself in a game when I play. Tweaker as it is has a lot of text untranslated and, when speaking to random NPCs, having a bunch of Kanji and what not pop up definitely breaks immersion. This is probably my #1 reason. Sure I could get by on the fan translated story stuff, as it gets translated, and item stuff, but I don't want to and would prefer a 100% translation, so I don't play.

I also would very much prefer to play with people from my own country in my own language as opposed to Japanese players. Nothing against Japan at all, but I don't relate to the players in any way, and just politely playing a game together with hellos, it was fun, and goodbyes seems pretty boring to me.

Most PSO2 players on PSO-world are people who have already accepted playing the Japanese game as is, Tweaker and all, and thus these polls will always end up with responses such as "JUST PLAY TWEAKER LIKE A GOOD KID AND FORGET ABOUT THE USA RELEASE. JAPANESE VERSION WOULD ALWAYS BE SUPERIOR ANYWAY", but I think it just goes to show that they think their own little world and opinion is all that exists and is the right one.

There are players on other websites and players who don't even post on here who are patiently anticipating a Western release and would rather wait than play the Japanese version and there isn't anything wrong with that.

You could also say "Just learn the language", but no. Not everyone has time for that.
    Last edited by watashiwa; Jul 15, 2016 at 10:16 AM.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

JP players suggest people to just stop waiting and just play JP server because Sega of America had been disappointing fans over and over on the PS franchise such as content drought of PSO, PSU and not bringing over PSP2I(tho it's understandable because PSP is kinda a dead console outside of JP). Them being silent on the PSO2 western for an extremely long time doesn't help putting people who have been waiting for a long time at ease, just saying they're still not dead and yet not showing anything doesn't really help much. People gave up and just moved on.

The SEA release of PSO2 is also prime example of why people fear and wished that PSO2 wouldn't come to the western, because it either reminds them of the old days that SOA fucked up their past PS Online games or not wanting the game to end up in a terrible state that could end up wasting their time.

Tho, I kinda have to agree people can be forceful on their opinion, but they have the right to worry and to give up on it. 5 years of delay for a big company with a huge name kinda shows bad management if you ask me. Imagine having to experience a larger gap of content drought than the JP servers could ever imagine to have, because it's a huge possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by watashiwa View Post

I actually know a number of people, including myself, who aren't "console peasants" who don't play the Japanese version of the game and would play an overseas version of the game on the PC when it's released due to a number of reasons.

I, myself, enjoy immersing myself in a game when I play. Tweaker as it is has a lot of text untranslated and, when speaking to random NPCs, having a bunch of Kanji and what not pop up definitely breaks immersion. This is probably my #1 reason. Sure I could get by on the fan translated story stuff, as it gets translated, and item stuff, but I don't want to and would prefer a 100% translation, so I don't play.

I also would very much prefer to play with people from my own country in my own language as opposed to Japanese players. Nothing against Japan at all, but I don't relate to the players in any way, and just politely playing a game together with hellos, it was fun, and goodbyes seems pretty boring to me.

Most PSO2 players on PSO-world are people who have already accepted playing the Japanese game as is, Tweaker and all, and thus these polls will always end up with responses such as "JUST PLAY TWEAKER LIKE A GOOD KID AND FORGET ABOUT THE USA RELEASE. JAPANESE VERSION WOULD ALWAYS BE SUPERIOR ANYWAY", but I think it just goes to show that they think their own little world and opinion is all that exists and is the right one.

There are players on other websites and players who don't even post on here who are patiently anticipating a Western release and would rather wait than play the Japanese version and there isn't anything wrong with that.

You could also say "Just learn the language", but no. Not everyone has time for that.
    You are aware a NA version of the game would have forest+volcano only level40 level cap and 95% of costumes would be banned, right?

I can undertstand someone wanting a proper community, a proper support for a game and some other stuff, but in the end a lot of us here have decided that having fun with the game is more important. This issue is popping up constantly, and we have accumulated a billion of reasons to support our position. That's why threads like these are so annoying - if you really want the game you go and play it. I joined this game back in 2013, when hype for NA release was going strong, but all I wanted is to play the game. I didn't even know what Phantasy Star was about - I only saw a few PSO2 trailers and then decided that I WANT to play it. And so I did. Now, when I clocked over 5k hours in JP version of PSO2 (and didn't even learn the language, shame on me...), I'll just say two things:

1) Immersion? HAHAHA. SEGA couldn't give two shits about such petty causes, especially since EP4. Among badass robots, sexy women and creepy lolis with BFS and futuristic guns you have pets that look like birds, dogs, flying cat... things and weird blobs; all of those pets hatch from eggs, and then you feed them other eggs to increase their stats. Not to mention, their skills are defined by candies as you put them in some abstract box (no, you don't even feed them candies!).
    You mine tomatoes (with a pickaxe!) in the middle of a forest and fish for empty cans in year 2028 Tokyo. Animals can summon rocks and snowballs in the middle of a city, oceanids swim through solid fucking metal and so on. There's a rifle Photon Art called Satellite Cannon and, guess what, it's exactly what it sounds like! There are also skills, conditions for which make zero sense (S-Roll JA Bonus, for example).
    World building? There's almost none. That extra dialogue will tell you nothing about the game's universe or characters themselves - it's just chatter. Heck, a lot of things in main story dialogue feel like filler. Meanwhile, some things that might feel important are left unexplained (whatever happened to Lillipa, for example). There's many, many more things like that.

2) A lot of mechanics in this game are convoluted, confusing or annoying. If someone won't bother playing around with Tweaker or finding a good English-speaking team (there's actually a lot of them on Ship 2... or at least there were before EP4), chances are that they won't like the game all that much. You can see a lot of posts complaining about people who won't grind or affix their stuff, don't try to get better at doing assigned roles, don't learn how certain quests work etc. In this game newbies constantly interract with oldbies, and a gap between them is gigantic not only due to skill and gear difference, but also amount of information one has to consume in order to understand the game.
    There are 2 (3, if we count skill rings) types of grinding, attribute grinding aside from those two, an RNG-based minigame that is affixing (as well as market stuff related to affixes), 4 kinds of crafting, gathering, collection files, a buttload of different stones giving different weapons, a ton of different quest types with different rules each needing strategy guides (Time Attacks being the worst offender), skill trees, skill rings, a ton of shops to recycle stuff you might accidentally sell for measly 1k meseta or less etc.
    There's a ton of currencies, each having some purpose, with absolutely unfair exchange rates.
    You can fuck up your mag and skill trees before you realise you won't be able to fix those for a long while unless you pay real money.
    Which is shame, because core combat system is great, and learning new tricks with it is satisfying. Talk to an average *shitty* EN player in this game, and they'll still talk about how grinding things makes game "not fun, because it takes away challenge and money".

This game isn't PSO1, it's a wholly different game under a similar name. It makes no sense and takes pride in it. Your job in PSO2 is to kick ass and look cool while doing so, and it feels great.

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    This game isn't PSO1, it's a wholly different game under a similar name. It makes no sense and takes pride in it. Your job in PSO2 is to kick ass and look cool while doing so, and it feels great.
    This.

www.g-heaven.net/topics/2016/07/160714a

SEGA director Tomohiro Nagoshi (Ryu ga gotoku series producer) comments.
    future Sega, want to challenge the game in the Western markets in the intention.

To sum it all up, western edition PSO2 there's a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by sasagi.jp View Post
    www.g-heaven.net/topics/2016/07/160714a

SEGA director Tomohiro Nagoshi (Ryu ga gotoku series producer) comments.
    future Sega, want to challenge the game in the Western markets in the intention.

To sum it all up, western edition PSO2 there's a possibility.
    Thanks for this post. I just took a look at the link and it'd be neat if they're successful with restarting the campaign to bring PSO2 over here.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by watashiwa View Post

There is NO ONE on this site waiting for a English version and if they are they haven't learned anything from how BADLY supported the US versions of the PS games has been in the last 15 years. You'd have to be a idiot to trust Sega of America with this franchise again let alone anything they touch.

Oh, wow. People are still asking for a crappier version of a crappy game. I am not surprised.
    PLACEHOLDER SIGNATURE - music included ♪

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

they'd be better off doing a PS4 port of Nova for the west tbh