Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is dashing useful anymore?

So I was doing some dashes in TA's only to find that I am being beat by people who are just running. Is Dashing (specifically Dual Dashing and Quad Dashing) useful anymore?

SEGA buffed normal running at the start of Ep3 which made Step Dashing obsolete

However there's still Braver's Gurren Tessen dashing which is way more faster with low pp cost
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by CoWorker View Post
    SEGA buffed normal running at the start of Ep3 which made Step Dashing obsolete

However there's still Braver's Gurren Tessen dashing which is way more faster with low pp cost
    You can do that with other classes through multi class katanas right? Is it useful for finishing TAs quick?

Quote Originally Posted by Tafyog View Post
    You can do that with other classes through multi class katanas right? Is it useful for finishing TAs quick?
    yes, you need multi-class weapons and have Braver as your main or sub... still theres no katana that has a free Guren PA...

and yes it can zoom through TAs quickly and other stuff like rushing Boss Kill Daily Orders, if you need extra milage you might want either have a ton of PP, using katanas that have reduced PP cost (like 11* Kongou katana or 13* Skull Katana) or use a class combination that boost pp regen (like Fi/Br to refill PP to max after Limit Break or take advantage on Te/Br's PP Restorate or PP Convert when your out of pp) but really these are just optional

also for Tech users, theres also ilzonde (craft to reduce charge time), and optional things to get extra milage out of it is having a Lightning Tree with Bolt Tech PP Save, or using a weapon that reduces PP cost
    Spoiler!

There's also dual blades for dash dash shift wing

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    If you have a good latency, this one is as fast as walking, which is good to avoid slow transition from attack mode to run mode (if you walk, there's a delay to get to the buffed walk speed).

If you have native latency, penta dash is faster (saw it in comparison video somewhere I forgot, so I have no practical example to have it work ever since the buff took place cause I am no Japaneezh).

... But if you have good PP management, you won't need these anymore except for the maps that are very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    oh yeah that too, but i rarely see those cuz Gurren is the better traveling PA, i also recall 1 Force user using a crafted 11* Ciel Rishell DBs for ilzonde shift-dashing but that was ages ago and i never tested it myself

anyway i also forgot, another good use for to use dashing PAs is to hunt Boss Kills for collection files, like take 1 Braver guy who is good on travelling with Gurren as your "Taxi Driver" and rest of the party are boss killers, and you will have a slightly faster time on racking collection %'s (with RDRs of course, and hope the braver guy doesnt get trolled by the randomly generated map)
    Last edited by CoWorker; Jul 11, 2016 at 03:52 AM.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    If you have a good latency, this one is as fast as walking, which is good to avoid slow transition from attack mode to run mode (if you walk, there's a delay to get to the buffed walk speed).

If you have native latency, penta dash is faster (saw it in comparison video somewhere I forgot, so I have no practical example to have it work ever since the buff took place cause I am no Japaneezh).

... But if you have good PP management, you won't need these anymore except for the maps that are very long.
    LA timing is different but not slower for ping higher than 20-30. Regardless, penta is faster in both cases.

Also dashing is useful for dodging, I bet you didn't knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    LA timing is different but not slower for ping higher than 20-30. Regardless, penta is faster in both cases.
    My experience is when having a ping around 120 - 130, the command delay builds up to the 2nd LA to throw, it won't switch instantly. I got to wait for that. Cause of that issue, the penta dash was just the same as buffed walking speed that I'd rather double pb dash instead.

250+ is even worse, you get slower than walking cause of those small switching delays building up. I can go just a bit faster in ping 62 - 65 but still slower than expected (from those JP happily penta dashing in those TA videos..), so I assume that only JP location latency could reduce the delays.

This has been an issue for long I guess... or maybe I'm just not good enough though.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    Also dashing is useful for dodging, I bet you didn't knew that.
    Dang, I didn't know.
    Last edited by SteveCZ; Jul 11, 2016 at 09:29 AM.