Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

I swap rings out in the middle of boss fights and I still think it's bullshit.
    Our characters have 8 fingers that don't even move, and they can't wear more than one ring at once?
    The entire ring system is half-assed. You can tell they don't give a shit.
    And I still think it's f'd up that rings affect AIS. You can tell they couldn't be bothered making proper AIS customization instead.

I suspect they intentionally implement half-assed shit so they can "complete" it a few years later, much to everyone's glee and worship.
    Imagine if your game was perfect from the get-go. There'd be nothing to add. This way, they always have something to improve upon, which satisfies most people.
    Expect Episode 5 to have a new "multiple ring system" that requires going back to kill Rockbear and forest friends again.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Aug 6, 2016 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Our characters have 8 fingers that don't even move, and they can't wear more than one ring at once?
    And I still think it's f'd up that rings affect AIS. You can tell they couldn't be bothered making proper AIS customization instead.

I suspect they intentionally implement half-assed shit so they can "complete" it a few years later, much to everyone's glee and worship.
    Imagine if your game was perfect from the get-go. There'd be nothing to add. This way, they always have something to improve upon, which satisfies most people.
    Expect Episode 5 to have a new "multiple ring system" that requires going back to kill Rockbear and forest friends again.
    many games wont allow players to wear all the rings they want. Dont forget about toes, piercing and earrings, and the fact that you can put multiple rings on a single finger. rarely characters also have dongs that can be used to.
    But lack of chat commands... that a real problem.

At this point it feels to me like they're using skill rings to make people's classes/builds feel diverse, for example some might take PPC and some might take perfect keeper. A cheap way to make it feel like classes are not just everyone using the same cookie cutter build. Unfortunately it doesn't work. For any form of actual diversity to builds they'd need revamp skill trees, but they won't because they're scared of touching them except adding standalone skills.

Controller can't even use chat commands to swap things and playing with controller AND keyboard gives me a headache and feels bad so I'd rather not have to play around swapping rings as an actual mechanic.

Also controller is more fun for this type of game, and I'm an RTS + MMO gamer from 2000 who grew up on things like SC1 WC3 and Diablo1-2, well, technically I grew up on NES/SNES/Genesis/N64/PS1 but yeah.

Wow people sure are getting worked up over rings that don't impact the game siginificantly
    If anything, Sega should have locked ring swap once you take the teleporter/when you're out of campship/specific breather areas. I'm pretty sure they didn't expect people to want to swap rings mid-quest (after all, the breather area for Yamato,Odin and the likes are there specifically for you to change your gear/rings) and therefore didn't bother to implement that feature, and therefore allow people to use ring swap to get rid of rings on cooldown and toggle another ring's skill,which is definitely not how rings were intended to be used
    ....And then people complain like crazy about not having a shortcut that allows them to do something that normally shouldn't be possible in the first place,yeah Sega derped up, yeah Sega didn't design the rings perfectly, but I think complaining about things like rings and armor swaps (which are items that are supposed to stay where they are,unlike weapon swapping which btw always had proper shortcuts) is pointless.

>DS Kamatachi
    >doesn't impact the game signifcantly

lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Controller can't even use chat commands to swap things and playing with controller AND keyboard gives me a headache and feels bad so I'd rather not have to play around swapping rings as an actual mechanic.

Also controller is more fun for this type of game, and I'm an RTS + MMO gamer from 2000 who grew up on things like SC1 WC3 and Diablo1-2, well, technically I grew up on NES/SNES/Genesis/N64/PS1 but yeah.
    Not played much with controller for PSO2, I prefer keyboard just for certain things like Te/Br TAing, or TPSing being more accurate and responsive (in my opinion) and having access to those quick equipment changes. But it is a problem that controller setups can't really make use of it. Would be nice to see a "My Set" command for chat just like the "MyFashion" loadout changes coming next week, but I guess fashion comes first right?

Another idea might be to have a unit/ring roulette just like how you change weapons/subpalletes. Up/Down on dpad changes your weapons etc, if you hit to the sides it goes to sub-pallette changing, so I guess the question is could we have the other direction handle 3units/2rings on a roller of say, 3 different options? Sub palletes on right toggle, units/rings on left toggle.
    Last edited by Sonichi; Aug 6, 2016 at 06:09 AM.

Most of the good/decent rings are just stuff that should have already existed in the default game, e.g. forward s-roll, tech charge parry, ds kamaitachi. But since they don't...it's pretty ignorant to say they aren't important. Even some of the ones that just copy some other skill are quite useful in many scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeris View Post
    >DS Kamatachi
    >doesn't impact the game signifcantly

lol.
    Point taken xD I guess it's my bias as a RA who couldn't care less about the poor ring pool at its disposal
    That being said, I still think overriding right rings cooldown feels wrong in many respects. I'm not happy with the idea of switching them for Fi weapons just to take advantage of the bonus for every single weapon either, only one weapon should get a boost and the others be played the old-fashioned way (huh then again kamaitachi Chaos riser would completely obliterate what every other ring has to offer)
    Welp, I guess it's a part of the ring system issues xD. Some of them would be better on the skill trees than on your fingers that much I agree with.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Aug 6, 2016 at 06:45 AM.

Those "rings"are actually bracelets, which sega's naming department cannot spell.