Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Challenge Mode has some kind of secret code or what?

I wanted to play a little before go to work, so I decided to play that.

I found a multiparty with eight people that was full in a few minutes.

Then I went down with the teleporter with the other eleven players.

1 minute passed

2 minutes passed.

Nobody was talking so... I decided to turn on the teleporter.

2 people left

Okay... let's stop the teleporter.

Wait a bit more until until the multi party is full again.

It is! 12 people now let's play!

5 minutes passed, nobody activated the teleporter.

So... I decided to activate it again.

3 people left.

Stop the teleporter

Waiting again with 12 people and nobody activates the teleporter

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Well, people need to assign roles 1st ......

Here for CM 1
    Here for CM 2

No role assignment = better not running it imo.
    Since it can be pretty hectic.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

yeah , people will leave , its always been like that , its your fault for not knowing

Challenge Mode etiquette is very different from standard play etiquette. It tends to take a significant amount of time for any mission to start at all, since everyone has to confirm, then divvying up major roles, and if you play Beginner Block, people telling other people how to CQ. This can take about or more than an hour.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

I think it's also SEGA's fault for not having some kind of GUI that lets people volunteer for roles or something.
    They designed CQ in such a way that these kinds of problems occur.
    Remember when CQ first showed up in PSO2 and nobody knew roles were needed? People had to figure it out the hard way.
    As far as I know, nothing in the game implies that assiging roles is necessary. There's no precedent, either.

As when we first did CQ, a bunch of new people are going to keep trying CQ without knowing what to expect.
    SEGA are the only people who can make management easier in their own game, and they choose not to.
    We're already doing everything we can from our side.

If I was SEGA, I'd do something like this:
    Have Challenge Quest role training courses to teach people the roles.
    And then, when you try to do a Challenge Quest, a window appears that lets you tick roles that you're capable of handling.
    By a specified time limit, if nobody has ticked a role, the game gives a warning and says "vital role missing". That would give people an idea of why they're not starting.
    If multiple people are capable of handling a single role, they'll be given a short time limit to concede the role (so as to decide who will do it).
    When that timer runs out, if there's still more than one person who refuses to concede the role, the game randomly chooses one of the remaining people.
    If a person assigned to that role disconnects, the window will reappear at the next interval.

Of course, it wouldn't be necessary to follow the above system to the letter, but I'm sure it'd go a long way towards guiding players.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Aug 5, 2016 at 11:50 AM.

you dont need roles, thats why they didnt put them there.

Okay I understand all that.

Then why the the hell they are stand out like zombies without saying a single a word? and if I activate the teleporter, why they don't say nothing about that too instead of leaving? I don't mind to stop that, but well I can't blame the game for that because the problem is from the japanese players.

It seems japanese people don't want any kind of conflict and I saw this in other games, for example I play a lot of fighting games and when I enter in a room with people from for example Brazil and the connection is awful because they live too far, they kick me and I understand that because the match will be unplyable for both
    But when I enter in japanese room where the japanese player is the host, the japanese players instead of kicking me, they leave the room, it is like they will think I will be mad at them if they kick me.

Quote Originally Posted by Macmaxi View Post
    you dont need roles, thats why they didnt put them there.
    My exact thoughts.
    Just another case of people completely blowing anything moderately "challenging" out of proportion and needing 5 hours of pre-emptive set up for it. Just what.

online players are shy so they dont like to interact with random people. thats not limited to certain countries, there will always only be a few people who start talking, once someone starts a conversation its easier for others to join in. this is basic stuff.

you are probably imagining that they leave because of you, unless you talk english in chat that is generally not really liked by them.

It's not that the roles are strictly necessary, it's just that it's less work for everyone else, who can focus on taking down the bosses and stuff. It also helps people avoid getting in each others way and to prevent newer players from running around like decapitated chickens picking up and interacting with stuff willy nilly that they aren't supposed to touch.

I don't think SEGA would try formulating a roles system, since the roles are community-designed and community-implemented. They aren't an official part of the CQ structure.
    Last edited by Altiea; Aug 5, 2016 at 12:41 PM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]