Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Favorite Non-Gameplay/Fashion Element?

And we're back.

So, this sounds kinda similar to an earlier question I posed a month ago, which was "What do you like about PSO2?" A lot of the responses came down to how the game actually played, as well as the versatile customization and waifu fashion options. But what else is there to like about PSO2? Music is a fairly common answer. What about lore? The characters? The things you can do that don't involve playing the game? Phantasy Star Nova?

What is your favorite non-gameplay, non-fashion element of PSO2?
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Actual keyboard+mouse controls, unlike that silly and awful system that is PSU and PSOBB.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I had plenty, but almost every single one of them went "Well, there's X feature that makes it annoying/stupid, though".
    Customizable support partners, I guess? I wish they were human sized, though.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!

I would never admit this to anyone IRL but I have a weakness for the 2 pairs of twins (P&T, Sara & KK) because their design and sister dynamics are super adorable. PSU/Portable had its fair share of waifus (Emilia & Lumia, Lou and Chelsea ) but I find that PSO2's cast is generally more likable, aesthetically at least.

Fourier is pretty adorable too, really like how she can be cute even though her design isn't conventionally attractive.

Story-wise, I've thoroughly enjoyed EP1-3 and even parts of EP4. It's cliche and predictable for the most part but I liked the time-traveling and how the PC is written to try his/her best to save others. It's a different atmosphere from the setting that I've grown so attached to in PSO or PSU sure, but Oracle has come to feel like a second home at this point.

I also have the option of playing Fashion Star Online through my squad of support partners so that's nice too.

same-sex marriage, when it finnaly be added. or any form of marriage at all.

Tier 6 graphics are nice. Only reason I managed to get back into the game as much as I have. Tier 5 was just kind of shitty low-tier PSVita crap (which makes sense because it was made for the Vita basically); Tier 6 is what the game should have launched with way back.

The remake of Ooze. So good. I'm actually sad that the phase goes by so quickly nowadays, even after the boosted version was released. Ofc the music in general (outside of most field music besides challenge mode and the mothership) has been pretty good. The base defense themes are hype incarnate. I still want them to make field music get overridden by the boss themes when a big boss is on the field. We get that in some LQs and EQs, but that's not enough. I never get to hear Falz Angel's theme or Dark Ragne's theme anymore. Quartz Dragon's theme is too good to be limited to one area. So on and so forth.

Io is love, Io is life.

My Room needs work, but even in its limited state I appreciate that we actually have somewhat functional housing, and none of that nonsensical limited lots bullshit we see in FFXIV.

Can't think of anything else that's not explicitly gameplay- or fashion-related.

The soundtrack is definitely one of my favourite parts of the game. Say what you want about SEGA's qualities as a developer and its questionable decision-making but I can always expect amazing and memorable soundtracks from its games. I really appreciate how every level and specific bosses has its own soundtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnChronicle View Post
    Fourier is pretty adorable too, really like how she can be cute even though her design isn't conventionally attractive.
    This is a pretty good point you brought up. Yes, its impressive how Fourier manages to be cute for so many players despite having an overall design that isn't even meant to be cute. It can be said that Fourier is a shining example of inner beauty as her great personality outshines her appearance. It just goes to show that good character writing trumps character design and that even the cutest-designed character could still end up unattractive.

I'm also entertained by her interactions with Lisa who is the exact opposite of Fourier in both appearance and personality.

Definitely music, the music in PSO2 is in no way any lesser than any of the previous games, which is great.

Besides that, the story is actually very fun sand interesting despite some of the more obvious flaws. The whole story mission in Episode 2 leading up to Luther was really immersive and well put together. Even some of the less engaging story bits are at least fun too. I see lots of complaints about Episode 4's story and presentation, but I won't lie, I've had fun so far.

And finally, I have to say the characters, even if quite a few NPCs don't get much development or depth added to them, I love every single one of them. If I had to pick one character though, I'd definitely choose Maria. No offense to the rest of the cast, but she's pretty refreshing to interact with when most of the other characters are somewhere in their teens or early twenties, or at
    least act like it.

I've played every game in the series, besides Nova, and I wouldn't say PSO2 is the top of my list, but it's pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    I'm also entertained by her interactions with Lisa who is the exact opposite of Fourier in both appearance and personality.
    They're both explosion freaks! There should be a Konosuba collab so we can have Lisa, Fourier and Megumin in the same party.

Rie Takahashi voice ticket when.

As for me, I'm pretty fond of My Room. It was fairly primitive in PSU, but still pretty good, so this massive improvement in the PSO2 incarnation has been pretty great for me.