Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Just a question to my posting...

I thought a lot about everything while vacationing in Spain, and it opened my eyes to a lot of good and bad things about myself. I wanted to ask these questions...

1) How long is considered too long of a post here? (Length-Wise, Please be specific, and apply that to yourself as well)
    2) How deep should I go in responses? (complex and specific; or simple and general)
    3) How much is too much? (I avg. < 1 post/day since I joined, while some here post 10 - 20 times a day and that feels extreme and obscene)

I am just trying to figure out how much energy I should spend or waste (you get to choose your point of view) here.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Why does it matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    Looking from above to below, we might not see that much we aren't used to seeing.
    Looking from below to above, we might dream to one day touch the heavens...
    Weeb Bot - Discord EQ Alerts
    PSO2 EQ API

As a wall of text myself (see Force thread recently), I normally fare well in reading those. One thing I quickly noticed about your post is you often go on side topic, comparaison or life story that quickly take half your post, when those should be kept quick/small. That's pretty much what trigger most people that openly say they ignore your post. In my case, my wall of text are dense in information and not organized as best as it could, but I stay on topic instead of coming out of nowhere.
    Ship 2
    ID: Mentalist
    Chareen, FOTE
    Tasia, GUHU/RA, RAHU or SUGU.

Its hard to say since I tend to be short and straight to the point, but I guess a nice paragraph or two should do. The number of times you post shouldn't matter so much though.

Couple of paragraphs, straight and to the point (im guilty of this too i think), if your gonna do life comparisons try and keep it short. Its cool you want to share this but you dont need to go into great details and drag the post on, some people dont want to read about it. It varies but everyone has an opinion, if its going to be a super long in depth post/response to something, id rather see spoiler drop boxes that way i dont have to scroll down and see wall of text and assume your just talking on about whatever.

Honestly we dont need to critque you but its just a general thing where if you want someones attention then you dont necessarily do it through a wall of text. Idk feel free to ignore my post, just my 5 FUN get

If the post content you typing about is relevent then length shouldn't really matter too much. Though going on huge random tangents is a bit of an eyesore to read.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

As someone has told me before, "No one cares about your life story on the internet."
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius-91 View Post
    "No one cares about your life story on the internet."
    That's what I think most of the time, if that changed, I would minimize the scrolling down.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

As far as my opinion is concerned? As long as you stay on topic, the length, frequency, etc doesn't matter. Most people today are very short and direct with their responses; and while that's not a bad thing - seeing nothing but that has gotten kind of boring. It's actually refreshing to see someone post a long drawn out....er.....post. Heh. While a lot of people might scoff at that...it's kinda nice to see someone really think something over and go over a topic. Of course, as others have said, a bit of that length is from these off-topic tangents that you have a tendency to go on, so it's somewhat aggravating to weed through that to find the bits that are actually addressing the original subject.

In short?

Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty