Default Metal Gear Survive

In an unoriginal ploy to get their fans back, Konami released a trailer for a Metal Gear survival game that takes place after the events of MGSV Ground Zeroes.
    Honestly, I don't know what to think but being a half assed form of damage control to show that they're still able to make the games with the MGS label.

Also, judging from the amount of dislikes on the video, it's almost as bad as when CoD: Infinite Warfare was announced.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Such a good Franchise, its sad to see what potential it still had left to be completely drag through the dirt for profit.
    Fans are mad and they have alot of reason to be mad.

The game that noone asked for. Left 4 Metal Gear. Resident Metal Gear. You know cause survival horror genre needs more crappy games. This is probably one of the main reasons Kojima left because they wanted to do this with his franchise. God I hate Konami.

What was so bad about that Call of Duty trailer? I watched it and thought it was fine...

Watch them release a special demo version of this game first. It'll only cost $30 dollars.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

In the past couple of days, people have made multiple comparisons to Left 4 Dead, and well, it's nothing but a rehash of an established idea after watching over the trailer again.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

People are comparing it to left 4 dead because it is a 4 player co-op survival game with zombie-like enemies.

Just watched the trailer, was a bit meh, but exciting enough. I rarely watch trailers for games, there's not much point getting excited about a game until you read reviews or see final gameplay.

Good advice. Something I'm surprised the audience, at large, hasn't started doing after the last 3 or so years of trailers that highly fabricate stuff that doesn't end up in the final game. But apparently, scripted demos with graphics turned up way past the actual game still excite people more than solid playable demos that look ok, but will improve all aspects (even if just by a little for some) for that final release.

I figured the consistent disappointment from the AAA market would curb down expectations by now. Have people be a little more cynical about buying stuff way before they even really seen the game or read whether it delivers on the advertisement.

So yeah, I only get some hype if what they show is a true playable form of entertainment. Demos, or stuff where the controller is actually put in the *press* hands so that they actually show real gameplay.

Of course, I'm guilty of falling for the hype for one game in recent years. That's Final Fantasy XV. I preordered it, against what would generally be my rational thought process. Other games, I either got to see real and proven gameplay, or waited for release or reviews.

-------------------------------------------

For this game, this is one scripted cut-scene of a demo that kind of had the opposite effect. Mostly because of the content that as a "vertical slice" has shown it to be a survival game with zombies. The premise itself being a bit of a turn off to Metal Gear fans.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Aug 25, 2016 at 03:31 PM.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.