Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Rappy Hunter

Default Playing for the Niche! (Class set ups that are fun)

1st time hitting the forums and well, sorry if it ends up very text wall-y

for TL;DR types in short as a Gunncer (Gunner/Bouncer with a main focus on making stylish Bullet- to-Techique comboes And Supporting) the possibilities are Endless for coming up with cool new comboes using both Guns and Techniques, and you can swap to Jet-boots to quickly drop Shiftra/Deband Boosts to the party while continuing to combo between Gunners CQC PAs, making it a pretty good Support in a pinch without sacrificing time that could be used to deal dmg

|----------------------------------------------------------- more details about viability below ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Ever since Bouncer hit, I've mained Gu/Bo lovingly called a Gunncer, Purely for access to Techs Dual blades and Jet boots at 1st, but after playing around with it and reaching level 50+ on Gunner I've settled into Only using TMGs & Rifle and Techniques since Bouncer offers Huge bonuses for Abusing enemy elemental weaknesses. As Such I make my claim to fame dishing out Sharp shot comboes using uncharged Techs as combo links, since using an uncharged tech is pretty quick and can Easilly be weaved into practically Any combo with no serious penalty

While casting a Tech leaves you a tad open since you can't Stylish Roll right after casting you can Still do a standard Dodge Roll and shoot Immediately upon casting the Tech to re-position yourself, evade an attack or follow up the short duration lifting power of Razan, and holding freeze from Sabarta making it worth while to invest in Dodge roll shoot even as a Gunner and doubly so for Aerial Advance Since Razan will lift almost All Mob enemies

That said going Gu/Bouncer is still pretty good for dmg with Techs, my reason to say this is because Despite being a Cast lv. 56 Gunner / lv.43 Bouncer i still get what i believe is decent dmg and use out of an uncharged Sabarta lv.10 on Most Enemy types, dealing on average up to 300-{500-crt}(x3) uncharged 500-{1k-crt}(x3) on ice-weak Enemies, and while i Enjoy Razan and Sabarta most on All Enemy types, the Ranged traveling, and Charged Effect type Techs work best with Rifle and it's PAs, and Most Instant impact, over-head drop, and AoE Techs combo Really well with Gunners PAs, Close Range and Stylish Roll maneuvers.

Uncharged Techs Also give the benefit of allowing you to weave them in-between Gunner PAs without reseting or Skipping any of the 3 steps of the Attack/PA pattern, making it possible to chain them together for some pretty cool Comboes for Instance

Chaining a Zondeel between Dead Approach > Shift Period / Impact Slider > Grenade Shell (at ground) quickly pulls the mob of foes you bum-rush / Slide into around you ensuring they get hit by both parts of Shift period / full explosion of Grenade Shell and perfectly set up the use of PAs like Bullet Squall or Diffuse Shell to finish off any foes still alive after the 1st volley due to them being Drawn very closely together around you

Throwing out an Ilzan has a Ranged Suction effect and topples foes pulled by it making it Easy to line up and entire mob for a Pierce Shell, or a walk through spray down with One-Point, Diffuse Shell and Infinite Fire, making weak mobs a cake walk you don't even had to slow down for

Dropping a Megiverse between uses longer ranged of PAs like Infinite Fire, Elder Rebellion, and One-point since it will heal you off the dmg you deal while by it allowing you to quickly pop a small duration continuous Heal while staying up in the air or right by a Toppled boss unloading shots,

Using Ilzonde after a Grim Barrage from a distance to close the gap lets you pass Right through an Enemy that was preparing an attack and immediately Dodge Roll Shoot at it's back making it both Elementally beneficial and helpful with position when fighting Mech enemies since most of their Core weak-points are on their back,

and lastly you can use Aerial Shooting, juggle the foe(if lifted) with Razan or Sabarta, while changing weapon palettes to Jet boots and Continue the combo with Strike Gust to continue hitting the foe in the air and drop them back down in range of the rest of your party while buffing yourself and said party members with Shiftra, following that up with Gran Wave for another Flurry of hits and gaining some distance while buffing yourself and party members with Deband using the long grace period glide to change back to guns and continue the assault having supported your party all in one go while looking Stylish as Feck!

The Biggest bonuses i can say are great are that Techniques can be placed on the Sub palette allowing you to continue spamming uncharged techs like Razan to keep a foe Juggled Even while changing weapon palettes so you don't have that drought moment and drop the foe losing the Aerial Advance bonus, and that an Uncharged Tech procs TMGs Arts S-Charge allow quick uses of Charge-able TMG PAs even ones that aren't the 1st PA in the order by quickly firing normally once or twice and tapping a Tech before using the PA in-question making it Even Easier to quickly gain a high attitude with Aerial shooting spam, Uncharged Techs also feed Chain Trigger gain adding to their use,

Being a Long Range Support Kinda guy whenever i play games this set up is Perfect for me, but what about You? would this help or seem fun to You? Tell me all about it or any cool class set ups you play with

you can make the comboes sound cool all you want, but at the end of the day, your damage will be mediocre.

Rappy Hunter

fair enough, my dmg gets the job done when i need it too, but the whole point of this was Just playing for fun, as stated in the title, so looking cool is Literally the point here

bruh are you on drugs.. anyways keep that play for fun bs out of eq's then last thing people need is that lowering the damage output of the mpa

Rappy Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Falco View Post
    bruh are you on drugs.. anyways keep that play for fun bs out of eq's then last thing people need is that lowering the damage output of the mpa
    Oh C'mon, do you Honestly believe i would take a "For FUN" build like this into a Serious situation like Emergency Quests?! AGAIN I have Dmg for when i Need Dmg, This build and post is Purely for having fun and making interesting or different class set ups meant to be Unique, stylish and not Hard pressed to be Efficient for the sake of Super high dmg like Everyone and their Mama's damned class build guides

This Is Not For Optimization!, It's For Fun, and as Such to be used in ways to Have fun without being detrimental to people who weren't there to Have fun but to make progress

1. Playing a sensible "vanilla" build can be fun. You don't need to use a special snowflake concept build to switch around PAs and strategies. You just need to switch around PAs and strategies.

2. There's nothing fun about performing poorly. If anything it's frustrating as hell.

3. 500-1000 x3 damage on level 56/43 isn't "decent". It's horrible. Forget EQs, good luck clearing regular SH quests with this type of damage output. Not even mentioning XH here.

4. Shitty builds aren't fun. Good builds aren't unfun. Yes I am repeating myself.

Rappy Hunter

again, when i Need to deal dmg, in places like SH quests or EQs with a party i don't mess around with this for fun style, durring those quests i focus more on being a high Dps dmg dealer with my Gunner skills, getting buffs from bouncers skills so i don't drag down the party i May be with, i can also reliably Solo most SH quests i go into in an ok time (depending on how much i like exploring/re-exploring the area) when playing to make progress or money.

the only time i use this kind of in-efficient oddball build is Purely to have fun, or show off to friends using long winded flashy comboes on 2 or more mobs for style points, Something that can't even be Done if you're killing them in just a few hits because of optimized high dmg. the more hits the better here.

i don't see why everyone here seems to have a "Play to have High dmg and stats or you shouldn't be playing at all" type mindset it's kinda bumming me out now i mean it's not like i'm saying this is Revolutionary Pro must use set or even that it's all that good just that i find it to be a fun way to break up the monotony of playing for efficiency and watching enemies melt before me in very few hits, That crap gets boring really quickly to me i like intense drawn out battles that take a bit of time, i like mixing utility and variety to get cool comboes that still meet the end goal, and I Like To Be Stylish,

I don't and Won't force this on others by taking it into random parties or serious situations, so what's the harm in aiming for a fun decently low dmging build meant to make long flashy comboes to have fun with?

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

The biggest problem with your idea right now is that Gunner is not too friendly to non-ranged damage; they have a few skills that work for all forms of damage, but not enough to make you not take forever to kill anything with a combo of bullet 'n tech. It might just be best to hold out for if they ever complete the hybrid-class triangle with the Tech/Ranged class, which I would speculate to have elements of Force and Gunner; seeing as how Braver is Ranger/Hunter and Bouncer is Fighter/Techer.

I get where you are coming from, and it is fun to theorycraft, but at the end of the day you gotta take a step back and see what classes really are compatible to each other. I tried to get Gu/Bo to work way back at the start of episode 3, but then I took a step back and realized that Bouncer wasn't doing anything for Gunner that another subclass could do better. Sure, you can't cast any techs as Gu/Hu or Gu/Br, but at least I didn't need to keep up 6 different TMGs just to make my subclass's stances work all the time; I didn't feel like putting that much effort into this "for fun" build.

Welcome to PSOW OP. Apologies for the reception.

I see where you're coming from. You might have better luck if you provide some video? If your goal is flash and spectacle, it's more fun to watch it than read about it.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

Right now the only classes that really can get away with dual attack types is Braver/Hunter for Striking+Ranged, and Techer / Braver or to some extent Techer / Fighter for Tech+Striking. Everything else really wants to play more to a single damage type; even Bouncer, since while Jet Boots scale off of T-atk normally, they always are dealing striking damage with their PAs.

at the end of the day, it's typically better to Specialize than Generalize in this game.