Default Weird texture bug :o

Basically characters around me and NPC's have this "chrome" texture all over them. A little googling and I found others having the same issue however no word on how to resolve it aside from restarting the game =/

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/commen...yers_and_npcs/

That's exactly what i'm getting.

So you're only getting the chrome texture so far... Lucky...
    When geometry starts disappearing, it becomes nightmare fuel.

Trust me, you don't wanna see Patty and Tea without faces.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!

I get this issue whenever I alt+tab out of the game for too long, but I've never found a way to fix it without quitting the game entirely, unfortunately.

On the topic of missing geometry, one time I alt+tab'd and came back to find my character had be scalped, seeing his face from INSIDE his head was honestly one of the best things that could have happened to me.

Fix is to activate large-address aware by editing the executable. (I even made a guide for it.)

That's the only fix I'm aware of. Note that activating large-address aware also fixes the game crashing after alt-tabbing in fullscreen mode, so you should be doing it anyway. No, Gameguard won't throw fits about it. It's just an executable flag.

Oh wow, I stopped doing that a while back, so I guess that's why it started happening again.

It also seems to have fixed my issue with 4K screenshot corruption.

EDIT: And ReShade no longer crashes the game when I take 4K screenshots either!
    Last edited by Shoterxx; Oct 2, 2016 at 06:44 AM.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!