Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Optimal 13* weapon grinding

Hey guys,

I recently got my first 13* and my plan is to grind some 10* NT-weapons up to +30 and use them as fodder to minimize use of Lambda Grinders. I'll use the highest grind success rate items I have.

Is that the most efficient way, or should I be doing something else?

Thanks

PSOM

The most efficient way is to grind several NT 12* and feed them to 13*. How to get them? Take 3 Lag Vegas Collection Files, kill stuff to get them 12* then discard and repeat.
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan

Specifically, to minimize Lambda Grinder usage:
    +1 to +10 : 1x 12* NT +26
    +10 to +20 : 1x 12* NT +30 w/ 100% great success rate booster
    +20 to +30 : 1x 12* NT +30.9 (max the bar after +30) w/ 100% great success rate booster

This will get you to +30 with 3 lambda grinders.

Alternatively
    +10 to +20 : 1x 12* NT +26, 1x 12* NT +20
    +20 to +30 : 2x 12* NT +26

This will get your to +30 with 5 lambda grinders, which may be more cost-effective (meseta-wise) depending on the price of 100% Great Success Rate Boosters. Two lambdas shouldn't make much of a difference.

(recipes pulled straight from swiki)

Then simply feed copies of the weapon to itself at +30 to get it to +31, etc and to increase it's base element. You should basically get one level per copy so the finished +35 weapon costs around 10 lambdas total.

To grind the 12* NT you simply feed them 7-9* Empe Embrace fodder (which drops like candy from emperappy in Trick or Treat EQ so it should not be in short supply). I dislike consuming 10* weapons for grinding since they can be converted to excubes which have many uses, whereas junk 12* and 7-9* empe embrace weapons have absolutely no use other than as grinding material.

Every time I do the 12* method I feel like I've done it incorrectly due to the total price.

As an addon, I wouldn't worry too much about +35 unless you really want to put the time and effort into it. The attack difference between +31-32 (which you should be at after element-grinding) and +35 is pretty negligible.
    FiliaMortis * SARA-013 * Kiyoko * Akane * Vikky * Mei * Alicia * Ophelia

Mattykins - Ship 02

I do NOT recommend trying to save lambda grinders. With just the three free slots alone, you can easily do your craft weeklies and get 33 lambda grinders per week. You can save yourself a whole helluva lot of meseta by just feeding your 13* with straight +4'd and +5'd 10* NT weapons (don't even bother grinding them, just use stuff you pick up from EQs). Every single weapon you feed into another weapon before feeding it into the 13* is lost XP, which translates to wasted meseta.

Better to spend heavily on lambda grinders than to spend heavily on meseta. Unless you're absolutely *starved* for grinders, the latter will be more useful over the long haul.

Yeah, it's way better to optimize for meseta unless you grind a 13* NT everyday or something

Quote Originally Posted by Mattykins View Post
    As an addon, I wouldn't worry too much about +35 unless you really want to put the time and effort into it. The attack difference between +31-32 (which you should be at after element-grinding) and +35 is pretty negligible.
    each grind lv is a 1% of the wep base atk, so yeah, he would only be missing 3% wich can easily be placated with a perfect keeper ring, the most important is to upgrade it to 60 atribute
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic76748_3.gif

I just use emper embrace weapons I pick up during EQs. Seems to be the most meseta-efficient way of doing this.

Amazing replies, many thanks. I've not looked into crafting for extra Lambdas yet, but I do like the idea of stockpiling excubes with the 10*s

Quote Originally Posted by Droid803 View Post
    Specifically, to minimize Lambda Grinder usage:
    +1 to +10 : 1x 12* NT +26
    +10 to +20 : 1x 12* NT +30 w/ 100% great success rate booster
    +20 to +30 : 1x 12* NT +30.9 (max the bar after +30) w/ 100% great success rate booster

This will get you to +30 with 3 lambda grinders.
    How much will this cost if you had to guess roughly in meseta, Droid?