Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New skill rings

Quote Originally Posted by final_attack View Post
    Spoiler!

Taken in lobby, so, TimedAbilities didn't count + ShiftaDrinkEX
    Tried to maintain PK should I took a hit (still works for some things atm)

Well, for ChainFinishing ...... Launcher is faster, no charge time, hard to interrupt ......

I also used that ES, since a long time ago, just to double jump and extend Te's shifta .....

I guess I'll re-think later once the new ring implemented ( 'ω')
    Having a launcher for that is fine, I would probably only have that pallette active when in UQs though and for everything else swap it out for a new TMG ones, that's what I do quite frequently for stuff.

At the end of the day it's up to you how you like to play, I would without a doubt not heal other people though, even if it seems they need it, mainly because they'll either have automate or resta themselves. The new ring itself would be nice though if it puts you quite high up and possibly lets you JA from it

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    Fighter getting an aerial move? Finally I can get airborne with Knuckles without having to jump.
    It's not just for fighter. I'm pretty sure it'll be super useful for classes like Bo and Gu too. Or anyone really.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    I wonder if Jumping Dodge will add iframes to One More Jump. Imagine Solo XQing by spamming jump...
    It's an active skill not an effect added to normal jumps, and it even seems to have a cool-down. So probably not.

Photon Blade Homing. Uhhh....

They just refuse to ever give Bo anything actually useful. Like they want that class to rot in the bottom of the cesspool of bodies of Knucklulz victims.
    PSO2 characters:
    Spoiler!

Co-leader of LunarBreak on PSO2 Ship2. PM if you wanna team/party up for EQs and UQs!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

What? Bo is strong from what I've seen. They don't exactly drag down parties. All you have to do is shift action anyway, why do you want to make it more complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Starryeyedbunny View Post
    Photon Blade Homing. Uhhh....

They just refuse to ever give Bo anything actually useful. Like they want that class to rot in the bottom of the cesspool of bodies of Knucklulz victims.
    that ring is actually helpful, the only thing wrong with BO is JBs still. No, you shift actioning Moment Gale in UQ is not very helpful

I was reading the replies and realized you can justify the use of PBF when mobbing with the new Bo ring. I usually never use PBF when a boss or mini boss isn't present, but the homing aspect could change the meta.
    Can't we all just get along?

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    that ring is actually helpful, the only thing wrong with BO is JBs still. No, you shift actioning Moment Gale in UQ is not very helpful
    That's an issue with how people play Boots, not the weapon itself.

We get Tech C Parrying, if anything.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Jet Boots are bad though.

Both BO weapons are really bad compared to the rest of the arsenal (except maybe Funslash and possibly Wired Lance) because they lack proper mobility and versatility like every other weapon. JB has alright PAs but the damage is garbo, whereas DB is somewhat powerful but has an awful selection of PAs that don't really do all that much.

PBF is pretty much its only saving grace, and that doesn't really stand up to what other classes can do.

So honestly, BO is definitely the bottom of the barrel currently. Which is a shame because Jet Boots are so SWAG but they've sucked ever since they've been pushing BO main for Boots instead of FiBo (lack of multiclass and main class bonuses and pushing Switch Strike etc...)

Maybe I'm biased because I'm a Bo/Hu Boots main.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

If you're not landing Vinto every 4-5 seconds, then you shouldn't bother playing the weapon. People that think it's a good idea to charge element each time they do that on BO/HU are also bad, honestly. They don't realize they're being gimped by the weapon's own mechanics (the PP being used for techs could be used for Strike Gust type-0 instead). No comment on the class being bottom-tier.

Anyway, new ring doesn't seem worth it except for maybe a boss or two that's small and moves around a lot.