Default Guide: PSNova Class/Weapon Overview for the PSO2 Player! (WIP)

Hello! If you’re a Phantasy Star Online 2 fan like me, you probably saw this game and said “Hey, it’s like PSO2! I bet it’ll be fun!”. You might have thought it would basically be PSO2 with a few new tricks up its sleeve. You may have thought that you can go into this with all of your PSO2 gameplay knowledge and clean house on Machia. You may have bought this game because you have nothing better to do with your Vita.

Well, you’re mostly wrong on all counts. There are many good Vita games, go buy them.

Nova, while based on PSO2, is a very different beast entirely. The classes you know look familiar and use very familiar equipment, but how you handle them is radically different than how you would play PSO2. TMGs are average? Swords are shit? Forget all that, TMGs and Swords kick ass! Force top tier? Not in this game, they aren’t!

That’s why this guide is here for you. Is it late? Of course. But is it helpful for all those PSO2 players who want to get into it because of the upcoming English patch? If I put enough work into it, sure!

Note: This guide does not explain gameplay elements or how to play Nova. This guide only covers classes and weapons. If you want to know how the game functions mechanically, check Bumped’s guide.

Note Note: Text in bold denotes content that is Nova-exclusive.

Class Overview

Hunter
    Spoiler!

Ranger
    Spoiler!

Force
    Spoiler!

Buster
    Spoiler!

Weapon Overview

Sword
    Spoiler!

Partizan
    Spoiler!

Double Saber
    Spoiler!

Knuckle
    Spoiler!

Assault Rifle
    Spoiler!

Twin Machineguns
    Spoiler!

Halo
    Spoiler!

Pile
    Spoiler!

A Note About Techniques
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Altiea; Dec 11, 2016 at 11:30 AM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

The guide is good. I won't say not. However, I think you should explain about how the classes affect the others. Mainly because people won't know about... for example, giving the element weapon skills of FO (Fire/Ice/Thunder/Wind/Light/Dark weapon) from lvl 101-120 or... for example, explaining about how the huge ammount of HP in the HU class thanks to the skills

Quote Originally Posted by Sakarisei View Post
    The guide is good. I won't say not. However, I think you should explain about how the classes affect the others. Mainly because people won't know about... for example, giving the element weapon skills of FO (Fire/Ice/Thunder/Wind/Light/Dark weapon) from lvl 101-120 or... for example, explaining about how the huge ammount of HP in the HU class thanks to the skills
    Duly noted. I had a feeling I left the class sections a bit bare; I'll work on that as soon as possible.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Awesome job Bro/Sis. J enjoyed reading this, I was planning on making one but you beat me to it. You should include bare hands for weapons, sure it's movesets is Knuckles without the weapon and you have no access to other GAs and skills. However, it's attacks are faster than knucles and staggers more than it. Aw my cute little Female Force Newman taking down Gigantes with just her bare fists, so much fun.

PS A shame they didn't include Gunblade. It was my weapon of choice for my Female Newman Hunter alongside Bare Hands in PSO2. Before SEA were bannex in the JP Game.