Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    prob is fields are too easy, most eqs outside stuff like PD are too easy. reducing moons doesnt really do much let alone not returning to camp (which if your doing that instead of letting aomeone revive you then idk)

i dont really know how to respond to this, its something that will never happen, +1
    It's less "OMG MAKE THIS DARK SOULS" and more of "Give some value to what the player is doing". Just letting everyone zerg rush endlessly doesn't do anything, and hell, people still seem fine with doing XQs and stuff. And yes, this is a rebuttal to all those who cry "STOP IT HURT NUBS", XQs already sorta do this... What is hurting everyone is the current system.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    maybe 5 deaths, since we have 5 moon atomizers. but the today's stream is: dont punish players too much for their fails, since its a punishment on its own terms. There is no need to discourage player and make him want to ragequit.
    Him?

And no, it's not punishment. It's not even a slap on the wrist. Unless you happen to go "Ah! My ego" every time you die.

Quote Originally Posted by sol_trigger View Post
    Mr. rotten elitist pls go play Dark souls or something else, PSO2 is fine the way it is, im still using 10 stars items because i don't have time to hardcore play the game so not all free fields are easy to me, GTFO with your stupid idea.
    Uh...let me try this insult thing? Uh, get out of my simple game that doesn't want to hurt feelings? Go play Kirby's Epic Yarn?

Did I do this right? Sorry?

Quote Originally Posted by vantpers View Post

While the game should keep you from coming back to the campship in any serious EQ and limit the number of moons, there is not point in hitting inexperienced players with unnecessary penalties for dying.
    And this is exactly where your point fails.

I shouldn't need to explain this, but unnecessary penalities? What's next, no more deaths? Loser just slaps you across the face and tells you "no, stop that!"

I'd say before saying something like this, go make a new char (or play an alt) lv it up to lv 50/lv30 sub and walk through EVERY SH free field with a 7* +0 NT weapon with 25 wind element or less and 3 un-grinded and un-affixed sub units.

this gives you a peek at the life of a new player (altho for skilled players this wont matter much) new players have this game as hard as it is, a lot quit at SH because the game stops babying you at SH (and its also true that you can be carried thru SH but most ppl don't know anyone to help carry them thru SH)
    Just did. And that's point I realized that having a single life on bosses is too much while having too much freedom on free fields is too little. Once everyone hits XH they're confused and just flail about and wonder why they do bad...

Also let me stop you here... Maybe the issue is also that N-VH are too easy now? They need to give a proper difficulty increase. Nothing radical, but all these weapon barriers and what not just hurts them in the long run. The game's not hard, but they make it so they can't adapt. And that's a huge issue.

All this does is hurt newer players. Sure, the game is easy now, but if you're a new player with no experience in the game, or hell, the series at all, it's just fine.
    UH...what...

Maybe they should, IDK, experience some form of failure for doing bad?

Am I insane?

<_>

Edit: Also excuse more insanity, but they did also add easy to get 13*s that don't even require boss battles, right? And shouldn't people who are not as good party up so it's easier? It is an MMO...
    Last edited by Starryeyedbunny; Nov 11, 2016 at 03:28 PM.
    PSO2 characters:
    Spoiler!

Co-leader of LunarBreak on PSO2 Ship2. PM if you wanna team/party up for EQs and UQs!

Quote Originally Posted by Starryeyedbunny View Post
    UH...what...

Maybe they should, IDK, experience some form of failure for doing bad?
    The rest of my post said that some bosses can kill you easily if you're not properly geared. I even mentioned how I was able to convince some friends to try the game out, but because they hadn't properly affixed their Units and weps, and because they weren't up to par, Vol Dragon kicked their ass a number of times. People still get punished for doing bad or having bad gear. Sure, it's nothing like it was back during launch, but capping Free Field deaths kind of defeats the purpose of "Free" Field. I'd imagine that's more fitting in ARKS quests where you have specific goals to accomplish. The point of Free Fields is just doing as you like in the area.

Also, not really on topic, but it's not an MMO, Sega has never called any online Phantasy Star an MMO, just an online action RPG. I figure to be an MMO, they would have to actually make it "Massively" multiplayer, not cap it off at 12 people max. The original PSO and PSU was basically Diablo in space, not an MMO, I guess that still applies with PSO2.
    Last edited by Zysets; Nov 11, 2016 at 03:59 PM.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

I don't see any harm in this since it won't affect most people.

I'd say, we need more of the opposite. Give quests some checkpoints, infinite lives, but make it much harder. Make boss fights and encounters longer and put maybe some objectives and mechanics in it, that aren't OMFGWTFBBQ max damage output. Give enemy groups attack formations, make healing harder, objectives during boss fights where you have to deactivate shields in a certain way, or protect a crystal during the boss fight that gets attacked by waves of trash mobs, that increase in size as the boss loses health... you know.. like a game?

to make it more interesting:
    - balance player vs enemy so that no one can outlevel the enemies beyond a certain point.
    - cut the whole Rush Rush Rush mentality for everything except time attacks. Make an interesting scoring system for killing enemies with style and make dying reset the score. Make drop rates decent and let the score have a large influence on drop rates.
    - clearing a quest with more players cuts the rates a bit.

If I were to re-do the death/moon system, this is what I would do.

1- Dying decreases the drop/exp/meseta rate progressively
    2- Dying will instantly drop your score to an A
    3- halfdoll and scapedoll wont decrease the rate (Gotta be realistic, Sega would most likely do this)
    4- It will take 5 seconds for you to get revived

Youtube: AlphaBlob | Discord Server | Ship 02: Akahana | ID: AlphaBlob | Team:『Khaos』

I
    And this is exactly where your point fails.

I shouldn't need to explain this, but unnecessary penalities? What's next, no more deaths? Loser just slaps you across the face and tells you "no, stop that!"
    Having some newbie have to restart the free field on failure is pretty much unnecessary cause it only causes newbies to cry while not providing challenge to veteran players. Similarly failing XQs eats your passes. It has the potential to make players mad but doesn't really make anything more satisfying so it's pretty unnecessary.

We're playing a game with a huge playerbase of casuals. Hardcore players shouldn't beg Sega for retarded types of challenges that don't really improve the game mechanically or will make it harder only for casuals. Rather the challenges should make it possible for both types to co-exist, which means no hard to get loot or gigantic rewards gated behind skill level. I just want to have fun doing something challenging not have fun feeling superior because game rewards my huge skill. I don't want newbies to experience big penalties because that would be killing one of the pillars making the game happen, since hardcore players can't do it alone.

One example would be TD1 design versus TD4 design. TD1 was easier than TD4 but with uncapped number of runs. Basically players would get rewarded for being good massively. The quest itself wasn't really hard though unless you precisely wanted to speed run. All it did was make players whine endlessly about MPAs even more than nowadays. TD4 was actually harder by design than TD1 but besides getting the rather minor bonuses for S rank you wouldn't really feel it if you barely completed it versus 2 very fast runs. It's more casual friendly while veteran players can still try to speedrun it the same as TD1 albeit without rewards besides e-peen.

Couple points that I'm sure have been made

1) I feel this kind of thread is pointless (not to sound like a dick or anything). Posting about it here isn't going to make a difference. You can try to make a request to Sega in their feedback form, wherever that was.
    2) Free fields used to be somewhat difficult back in the day, but the game has moved passed that, and it's really not the purpose of this game anymore. Free fields are basically useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal255 View Post
    1) I feel this kind of thread is pointless (not to sound like a dick or anything). Posting about it here isn't going to make a difference. You can try to make a request to Sega in their feedback form, wherever that was.
    That's true, but it's still interesting to discuss ideas like that, because maybe some people will end up giving those feedback to Sega, or it could give inspire someone for their own project.

Youtube: AlphaBlob | Discord Server | Ship 02: Akahana | ID: AlphaBlob | Team:『Khaos』

It's less "OMG MAKE THIS DARK SOULS" and more of "Give some value to what the player is doing". Just letting everyone zerg rush endlessly doesn't do anything, and hell, people still seem fine with doing XQs and stuff. And yes, this is a rebuttal to all those who cry "STOP IT HURT NUBS", XQs already sorta do this... What is hurting everyone is the current system.
    Hey look, I'm not defending the nubs that play this game despite how 90% of the content is piss easy to play through. I , in fact, want this this game to be harder (like the Necky TD, good step in that direction). It's a 12 person mpa or even 4, everythings going to get rushed or melted in a short amount of time. As for the XQ's, they're easily soloable if you decide to run it, 4man run will just reduce the time by not a huge amount unless you know, everyone top notch.

Solo XQ is what I (and others) use to test if you know how to play your class and I'm not referring to easy mode floors 1-5 either. It's not the hardest thing in the world to do but it does test you.

Also lol DARKS SOULS THE PINNACLE OF DIFFICULTY!! people are never going to give this up are they?

EDIT: and as a side note, I've been wanting this game to get harder for a very long time (aka Ama UQ) but I don't control the Dev's into doing so. If I had a choice about casuals complaining about something being too hard, I'd make the content harder for them

Edit: Also excuse more insanity, but they did also add easy to get 13*s that don't even require boss battles, right? And shouldn't people who are not as good party up so it's easier? It is an MMO...
    Collection Sheets yes, this is just to help gear the casual scum so they dont complain as much about not getting "muh Are's" weps and falling behind in gear. Gix helps people at least be somewhat useful but even with this gear (at max potential and affixes) people still play bad. Give everyone austere gear, people still play bad, it won't matter because its all up to the individual to put the effort in and improve themselves (lol its just vidya gaems gaiz, relax! *activates 50mill LA while wearing 100mill Accessories* with garbage tier gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    Give everyone austere gear, people still play bad, it won't matter because its all up to the individual to put the effort in and improve themselves (lol its just vidya gaems gaiz, relax! *activates 50mill LA while wearing 100mill Accessories* with garbage tier gear)
    If there's one thing I hate, it's people who spend millions on cosmetics and have shit gear. I think everyone can agree on that much at least.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine