Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal255 View Post
    I think this is the most important thing people need to remember. It's an FTP game intended to be pretty casual. You can conclude this by realizing that your 13* weapon you obtained last year will still allow you to be useful in today's EQs, heck even 12*'s are still pretty useful, and that by +150ing your weapons and units only offer you the minimal amount of damage boost over someone who simply +75's them.

I for one like this concept. It means a couple things- 1) I can still use my favorite weapons and not be a hindrance to the MPA/party and 2) I could take breaks from the game as I desire and still be relevant when I come back.

I hated how in other MMO's you have to constantly grind and be on every day in order to stay relevant, where new gear obliterates old gear and should you miss out, be unlucky, or not play enough, you're going the be getting your ass handed to you.

I do agree that this game is mostly casual.

A few things:
    1) Its a 9 - 13% increase in damage between 75x4 and 150x4.

2) You must have been out of the MMO Scene for a long time because for most of the MMOs I have installed, my weapons are still good, and I don't need to create a six-element rainbow set of each weapon to be at my max.

3) Events in

PSO2: Conform to SEGA's EQ schedule just to discover you spend more time preparing for an event than running an event; Repeat the process all over again when you are done. What if you have work at the time of an EQ, or have a commitment? Well, Too Bad!

Most other MMOs: Enjoy being able to run the event at your own leisure; However, If its time-sensitive, expect to set an hour or two aside for something big.

Spoiler!
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

That 300 attack increases my damage by about 6.5%, if I don't use team tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    PSO2: Conform to SEGA's EQ schedule just to discover you spend more time preparing for an event than running an event; Repeat the process all over again when you are done. What if you have work at the time of an EQ, or have a commitment? Well, Too Bad!
    True, true. I would be much better geared if I was actually able to make all of the PD eq's.

However, what with the collection files now, that's really not an issue- buy saiki set, farm ult amd for your weapon.
    I think the CF option has made this game even more casual than it was previously.

The EQ schedule is what initially wrecked my sleep schedule for a while many months ago actually... kinda sad but holy hell do I regret now that I've effectively quit the game more or less lately. Keilyen does have a point though, I have spent hours before some given EQs readying my storage, making sure I didn't forget some boost I desired for that EQ... then sat in the lobby for at least a hour and a half just waiting for the EQ to started while I went to play something on a console/3DS...

Kinda sad really and I really wish they could revamp the EQ system a bit since EQs are the only content that doens't die 'Too fast' nowadays.
    Last edited by Daku; Nov 19, 2016 at 01:18 PM.

what's the point of all of this ? are you going to feedback to SEGA ?

Personally I think they should throw more into the free field like spires that summon ridiculously OP bosses but are entirely optional.

Or something.
    I dont know,this game is too easy but theres hardly any way to fix it and its mainly because the entire focus is DPS nonstop and SubHuToWin issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dammy View Post
    what's the point of all of this ? are you going to feedback to SEGA ?
    Welcome to a forum. We are here to discuss things.

Didn't read most posts, so I dunno if anyone brought this up.

But I think the issue besides balancing around 12 players (you can't, which is why you have to come up with delicate situations of awareness that TD 2-4 + Necky provides) is the randomness. Sometimes it's a breeze, sometimes you get caught with an unholy combination of enemies (like diabo, cougar and obnoxious/sturdy trash mobs).

Also what about halfdolls and scapedolls?

Edit: I saw some Dark Souls mentions and god damn how many times do I have to bring it up. Dark Souls is hard until it stops being so, then it's piss easy.
    PSO2 Ship 6
    HacksawJimcuttn - HU 75 | FI 75 | RA 75 | GU 75 | FO 75 | TE 75 | BR 75 | BO 75 | SU x

Queso - RA/HU

Quote Originally Posted by qoxolg View Post
    I'd say, we need more of the opposite. Give quests some checkpoints, infinite lives, but make it much harder. Make boss fights and encounters longer and put maybe some objectives and mechanics in it, that aren't OMFGWTFBBQ max damage output. Give enemy groups attack formations, make healing harder, objectives during boss fights where you have to deactivate shields in a certain way, or protect a crystal during the boss fight that gets attacked by waves of trash mobs, that increase in size as the boss loses health... you know.. like a game?

to make it more interesting:
    - balance player vs enemy so that no one can outlevel the enemies beyond a certain point.
    - cut the whole Rush Rush Rush mentality for everything except time attacks. Make an interesting scoring system for killing enemies with style and make dying reset the score. Make drop rates decent and let the score have a large influence on drop rates.
    - clearing a quest with more players cuts the rates a bit.
    I would agree with this, but drop rate should be increasing for every player on the map, to promote multiplayer. what's the purpose of an MMO if you're just gonna play single player?
    [Synthetica]
    |Rave Core|
    [HU:48|FI:1|RA:1|GU:1|FO:51|TE:46|BR:69|BO:25|SU:1]
    My Sound Cloud