Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Does anyone happen to have a Necky Trigger?

I recently learned that quest-specific items in Collect Files aren't affected by direct drops outside of said quest. I haven't confirmed if it's true or not, but in case it is, I was wondering if anyone has a Necky Trigger and would invite me to a party. I only have one Orbit Rod left to get, and I only need to run Necky once more to finish the quest-specific part.

Quote Originally Posted by kurokyosuke View Post
    I recently learned that quest-specific items in Collect Files aren't affected by direct drops outside of said quest. I haven't confirmed if it's true or not, but in case it is, I was wondering if anyone has a Necky Trigger and would invite me to a party. I only have one Orbit Rod left to get, and I only need to run Necky once more to finish the quest-specific part.
    I don't have anymore triggers, and you can't buy them anymore, so I cant help you in that regard.

But I can confirm that getting one of the drop outside of the quest won't finish the sheet. Good luck finding someone who still happens to have a trigger
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

King of the Wicker People IceBurner's Avatar

Actually it's still been possible to get them today (12/19/2016 PT), at least through BookWalker. It's about 350 yen which is somewhere between $2-4 USD. There might well be other sources, but I'm not widely-experienced in ordering digital copies of Japanese magazines, so while I don't mean to promote a particular provider, I am going to describe what I did in precise detail, which has worked for others.

1. Signed up at the English global.BookWalker.jp for ease of use.

2. Signed in to bookwalker.jp.

3. Searched for "週刊ファミ通 2016年12月8日号" to find the Dec 8th issue that had a Necky Trigger. No one seems to be getting codes from the 11/24 issue any more, so don't suggest trying that one.

4. Added to my cart via the literal shopping cart icon, then checked out. Noticed during checkout that I could click an "English" link at the top to make it a bit easier to use.

5. After purchasing it, I eventually figured out that you can read the issue and also pickup the Visiphone item code from the English site. I found it at My Account > "Purchase Gifts". It's the code in the list that mentions "20x", as those are the Famitsu Picks and Famitsu Rods that come with the trigger.

6. I entered the code at the Visiphone's Item Code option.

I don't know how long this will keep working for. Technically both issues said their codes would remain available thru February 24th, 2017, but only the more recent one still worked when I bought both. You are taking a risk unless you're completely fluent in Japanese. Then again you can easily spend more on a sandwich and the issue itself is pretty, features hi-res pics of lots of notable games, and I'm getting in some Japanese reading practice, so it wasn't a total loss for me.
    Last edited by IceBurner; Dec 20, 2016 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Spelling, grammar

As for the UQ boss portion. Those weapon do drop (usually in other TDs) so if those work like any other CF if it drops you'd get clear for it....

of course thats a big if.

I've never understood the point of having CF go past the time the EQ for it goes away.....
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Quote Originally Posted by IceBurner View Post
    Searched for "週刊ファミ通 2016年12月8日号" to find the Dec 8th issue that had a Necky Trigger. No one seems to be getting codes from the 11/24 issue any more, so don't suggest trying that one..
    I bought the 11/24 issue both digitally and a physical copy because I happened to see it at the store the same day, and both said the code expired by the the date that the EQ was leaving, I assumed that was a general expiration date, not just for that issue in particular. My bad then. If the 12/8 issue also includes a code, then that's awesome!
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

I'm surprised Zysets didn't suggest me, but hello.
    I have two.
    I have a proposal.

If you can organize two Necky Trigger MPA's, then I will join as the "Trigger Holder".

I'd organize one myself but I have no idea what kind of strategies and the such are necessary...
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post
    I bought the 11/24 issue both digitally and a physical copy because I happened to see it at the store the same day, and both said the code expired by the the date that the EQ was leaving, I assumed that was a general expiration date, not just for that issue in particular. My bad then. If the 12/8 issue also includes a code, then that's awesome!
    Correct - the codes that come from the 11/24 issue are no longer valid. However, all the codes from 12/8 will last until some time in February (2/18 I think).

It still pisses me off they put an essential weapon (Orbit Gunslash) behind a limited quest.

Thanks for the info everyone. I'll go with Tymek's triggers for now and see how that turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymek View Post
    If you can organize two Necky Trigger MPA's, then I will join as the "Trigger Holder".

I'd organize one myself but I have no idea what kind of strategies and the such are necessary...
    S PUGs and even organized parties I ran with didn't really have any particular strategies. Just have decent equipment, collect enough crystals for 3500 points (don't need any more than that), watch out for the Exodas in W3 and up, and of course, the (should be) common sense to protect the bases.

Exelica of the Blue Sky TheszNuts's Avatar

I tried messaging you in game monday night, ran 5 of the triggers and halfway in we opened slots in the MPA.