Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    Soo.. I wonder if this would mean chaos or blessing to PSO2 JP when all of them are closed.
    Probabely nothing much, the people that want to play on the japanese version are already playing it, the one that don't want to, are playing on their version, and probabely don't want to start over, so will most likely go to a new game.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Note that this is just my take on it, but if SEA is about to shut down as well, the publisher would have said something by now. It looks like the dates of the beginning of the publishing contracts for SEA and Taiwan only differ by a few months at most.

Assuming Asiasoft also took a three year contract, that means its deadline for renewal is coming up soon. The last time Asiasoft gave an update on their facebook and website was in December, which was quite recent. No Ep. 3 news, though. So they're probably just going to continue to milk whales.

Most people are also assuming that SEGA will lift the IP ban on SEA if the Asiasoft version shuts down. I actually don't think they will.

Quote Originally Posted by blkbox11 View Post
    Note that this is just my take on it, but if SEA is about to shut down as well, the publisher would have said something by now. It looks like the dates of the beginning of the publishing contracts for SEA and Taiwan only differ by a few months at most.

Assuming Asiasoft also took a three year contract, that means its deadline for renewal is coming up soon. The last time Asiasoft gave an update on their facebook and website was in December, which was quite recent. No Ep. 3 news, though. So they're probably just going to continue to milk whales.

Most people are also assuming that SEGA will lift the IP ban on SEA if the Asiasoft version shuts down. I actually don't think they will.
    Why not? BTW, I've chatted with someone from SEA, and it seems like SEA server is practically dead anyway, nobody plays there, and the blame is on asiasoft.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    Why not? BTW, I've chatted with someone from SEA, and it seems like SEA server is practically dead anyway, nobody plays there, and the blame is on asiasoft.
    SEA might last longer because it's primarily in English, and there are people who are actually using VPNs and such from foreign countries to get into the game. People are also paying absurd amounts of money there to get AC items regardless of the low population to maintain their superiority for some reason, and that's been known for some time.

If you meant why I think SEGA won't lift the IP ban even if SEA shuts down; it's just that there is really no benefit in them doing so. I personally believe they had another reason (what that might be is anyone's guess) besides the contract to IP ban SEA from the JP servers, since they were in a position to say 'no' to it at any time, yet agreed anyway.

Of course, I could be wrong on both of these, but I just don't have a positive outlook on the situation.

If SEA is still alive cause there are still some blind, profitable whales in there, they shouldn't shut it down, cause $$$. I mean, shouldn't it be obvious there's barely any update? or have I forgotten what episode 2 was like, lol.

People are also paying absurd amounts of money there to get AC items regardless of the low population to maintain their superiority for some reason, and that's been known for some time.
    Funny though to think the community is so silly not to realize it, just to maintain their ego and keep the people around them (by buying stuff for them too maybe? so the people keep adoring these folks, perfect profitable community). Exactly the kind of players that the publishers wanted. It's way worse than trying to enjoy the game cause basically there's almost nothing coming up any sooner, as far as I see it. Lol.
    Last edited by SteveCZ; Jan 19, 2017 at 10:56 PM.

I see this over and over again.
    Regardless of the state of a game,
    Players will continue to feed their games until they die out.

They will cry, feel sad, and even grief a bit.
    Then the next day they will go play the sequel or a similar game
    and repeat the process over again

This is true,
    and living in a world where the business model is to squeeze the immersion out of games for profit,
    I can't help wonder how amazing private servers are to games.

Almost every MMORPG I've played on a private server done right
    has been better than playing the game (regardless the model thrown into it) in official servers.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    If SEA is still alive cause there are still some blind, profitable whales in there, they shouldn't shut it down, cause $$$. I mean, shouldn't it be obvious there's barely any update? or have I forgotten what episode 2 was like, lol.

Funny though to think the community is so silly not to realize it, just to maintain their ego and keep the people around them (by buying stuff for them too maybe? so the people keep adoring these folks, perfect profitable community). Exactly the kind of players that the publishers wanted. It's way worse than trying to enjoy the game cause basically there's almost nothing coming up any sooner, as far as I see it. Lol.
    That's basically most, if not all games published in SEA. It's been said a lot across the internet: they don't care about their games and players unless those games make money, and if it does, then they only care about how much money it makes. Squeeze for a few years and then drop is their usual strategy.

For the players themselves, it's probably a combination of things. I know people who went to PSO2SEA after the IP block, and they've developed something like Stockholm Syndrome from having nowhere else to go. For the Taiwan version, there were no IP blocks put in place to prevent TW players from accessing JP, so they lost nothing.

SEA might last longer because it's primarily in English, and there are people who are actually using VPNs and such from foreign countries to get into the game. People are also paying absurd amounts of money there to get AC items regardless of the low population to maintain their superiority for some reason, and that's been known for some time.

If you meant why I think SEGA won't lift the IP ban even if SEA shuts down; it's just that there is really no benefit in them doing so. I personally believe they had another reason (what that might be is anyone's guess) besides the contract to IP ban SEA from the JP servers, since they were in a position to say 'no' to it at any time, yet agreed anyway.

Of course, I could be wrong on both of these, but I just don't have a positive outlook on the situation.
    If that was true, Sega could IP ban any IP from every country outside Japan right now, but they never have (besides SEA). Even during the DDoS and when they had routing issues that affected many foreign players, I could play just fine without a VPN from California. I mean, of course they'd agree to a ban, they're getting contractual payments for the use of PSO2 by Asiasoft, they'd want the SEA server to succeed.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post
    If that was true, Sega could IP ban any IP from every country outside Japan right now, but they never have (besides SEA). Even during the DDoS and when they had routing issues that affected many foreign players, I could play just fine without a VPN from California. I mean, of course they'd agree to a ban, they're getting contractual payments for the use of PSO2 by Asiasoft, they'd want the SEA server to succeed.
    Actually, mainland China was the first region to be IP banned from the Japanese servers. That was long before SEA, back in 2013. I might be wrong, but I think they have not lifted the ban since, and China does not have its own version of PSO2 either.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...Chinese-(1-13)

Of course, in SEA's case, they could have done it solely for the reason you mentioned - at Asiasoft's request. I just believe it's best not to be too optimistic about it considering that there is another region that has been IP banned permanently. Seeing SEA's potential shutdown as a guarantee that players from the region will be allowed back in JP may be a little too much.

We can only see how this will play out in the coming months.
    Last edited by blkbox11; Jan 20, 2017 at 04:56 AM.

lol get real man, japanese , or SEGA is fucking racist they ban foreiger IP because they like it, TW or SEA shutting down wont change anything to their racism shits.

example : Closers JP ban IP all around the world, fun thing they are shutting that game down because of the racism witch hunt which makes nobody cares a shit to play that game, my friend spoke ONE english sentence ingame accidently, then he got banned tomorrow morning LMFAO. SEGA = racism = IP block, TW server shutting down wont change a damn thing so either stop dreaming about IP block lift or keep using proxy