Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Summoner pet designs are too far off into the cute & cuddly spectrum and not close enough to the cool and badass spectrum. A balance should have been made but its too late.

The new soundtrack is nice but I still preferred the soundtrack from EP1 to 3 as it sounds more emotional to me.

The many gameplay and technical improvements in EP4 has been the only genuinely good thing to me for EP4.

Ep 4 was a fun ride. Plot-wise it was probably the best episode (first half of ep 3 was better, but ep 3 overall? I don't think so), it introduced interesting characters and cut the chaff, and gave the player character the role in the plot you deserve. There was a lot of quality of life and balance improvements, and newly added content was mostly alright.

On the other hand, story quests were with a few exceptions ridiculously short and the game focused even more on EQs and collection files, with content that doesn't contribute to either being generally ignored.

PSO2 is not the best game or even the best MMO I've played, but it keeps being enjoyable enough that I don't drop it and even if it seems to stumble drunkenly at times, it generally takes steps in the right direction.

@people complaining about summons: I think you forgot what kind of a game you're playing.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    Ep 4 was a fun ride. Plot-wise it was probably the best episode (first half of ep 3 was better, but ep 3 overall? I don't think so), it introduced interesting characters and cut the chaff, and gave the player character the role in the plot you deserve.
    Last edited by loafhero; Jan 28, 2017 at 05:53 AM.

Still butthurt the plot won't let you beat Phaleg?

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    Maybe guy just a more of a SOA fan or something? The only real reason why we hate the plot is because its really not phantasy starish.

I've no knowledge of prior Phantasy Star games, nor do I care if a plot is "phantasy star-ish" or not. I judge each episode's plot by its own merits, and compare it with plots of other PSO2 episodes and nothing more.

And let's face it, while it's nothing special and far from flawless, ep 4 still stands way above the others story-wise. If you think otherwise you're either delusional or nostalgic and need a refresher.

lmfao people making fun of other people just because they have a diff opinion.

EP4 concept wise is great, presentation wise it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    Still butthurt the plot won't let you beat Phaleg?
    On the contrary, its actually nice that there is at least one villain in the story that actually feels threatening

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    Maybe guy just a more of a SOA fan or something? The only real reason why we hate the plot is because its really not phantasy starish.
    No, its because its just bad. Like really bad. So bad, it makes EP1 look good.

Why its so bad?

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    On the contrary, its actually nice that there is at least one villain in the story that actually feels threatening

No, its because its just bad. Like really bad. So bad, it makes EP1 look good.

Why its so bad?

Spoiler!
    Basically. Mother Cluster had been full of dumb-nuts, the protagonists are really fucking stupid as well, Aru's Shota Falz outfit is just "WTF", and Ardem is too cliche to be a good villain. I do like the design of the Phantoms, but they have no place being in the Phantasy Star universe.