Default Obtaining the PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2 Starting Disc(PS4)

As part of the PS4/New Player recruitment campaign, a brand new limited PS4 physical release of the game has been announced:

PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2 Starting Disc

It's essentially a physical disc that installs the game to your PS4.

When purchasing any PS4 system from Bic Camera or Yodobashi Camera, you will receive a copy of the PSO2 Starting Disc for free!

Now, what I was wondering was...
    Would anyone be able to help me obtain one? Do you know anyone that wouldn't mind parting with their copy?
    Yafuoku already has some listings for it aswell...
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

This assumes that someone here intends on buying/importing a Japanese PS4 anytime soon, which I would say is highly unlikely...
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Isn't it possible to just buy the starting disc directly from somewhere? Doing so would get you a Premium set and some other in-game items, too.
    Also, what's the point when the game is already free? It's not all that hard to make a JP PSN account, either.

Quote Originally Posted by kurokyosuke View Post
    Isn't it possible to just buy the starting disc directly from somewhere? Doing so would get you a Premium set and some other in-game items, too.
    Also, what's the point when the game is already free? It's not all that hard to make a JP PSN account, either.
    Based on OP's wording, I believe they've actually stopped making new DEs. This is different in the sense that this disc just installs the game without giving you the bonuses and is included as a console pack-in.

In addition, some people don't want to make a new account to play one game. When the game came out on Vita, there were those that opted to import the cart, and for those people, they are no longer able to actually use a JP account to play due to PSO2 auto-chaining your SEGA ID to your PSN account.
    Last edited by Altiea; Mar 8, 2017 at 01:01 AM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    This assumes that someone here intends on buying/importing a Japanese PS4 anytime soon, which I would say is highly unlikely...
    Well, maybe someone lives in Japan!
    And a lot of people seem to be selling their Starting Discs on Yahoo!Auctions. (Yafuoku)

Based on OP's wording, I believe they've actually stopped making new DEs. This is different in the sense that this disc just installs the game without giving you the bonuses and is included as a console pack-in.
    That is correct!

Me wanting this is mostly for collection purposes, but also so I can have the game on PS4 physically.
    Le Temps Detruit Tout

Dang, that's actually pretty cool. I want one too! I see that there are listings for the PSO Episode 4 Deluxe Package - I assume that isn't the same thing, right?

s-l1600.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Getintothegame View Post
    Dang, that's actually pretty cool. I want one too! I see that there are listings for the PSO Episode 4 Deluxe Package - I assume that isn't the same thing, right?

s-l1600.jpg
    They are indeed not the same thing!

The EPISODE4 Deluxe Package is the default retail physical release that comes with bonuses. In this case, Itsuki and RINA stuff, plus the usual Premium Set and the such.

The Starting Disc is a special physical release that can only be acquired when you purchase any PS4 system from Bic Camera or Yodobashi Camera. It doesn't come with any of the bonus content from the Deluxe Package.
    Or, as Altiea put it:
    This disc just installs the game without giving you the bonuses and is included as a console pack-in.
    Le Temps Detruit Tout