Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    I hope I'm not the one who feels this way but...after spending years playing this game I feel like I'm burned out. Some of my friends even stopped playing the game. I feel like the contents are so bloated and rushed that I feel like I can't and don't have the will to get the content I want, not to mention a lot of things are time limited stuff that I can't do within my own pace plus half of the stuff are locked behind scheduled EQ causing miss to progress CF.

The non EQ CF stuff always for some reason progress so slowly I can't be bothered to do the same tedious quest over and over again. Well I dunno, I'm not even excited with the next EQ boss. Maybe I'm just lazy just to get things done in this game.Maybe EP5 will bring back what felt missing? Well I don't really know myself.

What's your guys opinion on feeling burned out with this game?

Maybe you should take a walk on a wild side and try to enjoy the game instead of feeling that the only way enjoyment will come is by living up to the expectations and pressure drawn upon by others to feel good about yourself. After all, Isn't it "Fun" to treat a game as "work" and turn it into a mundane task they call "Fun" and repeated on a daily basis? That is the sense of "adventure" that people have come to expect right?

Playing an Online Game like this is like getting into a relationship. You get to know the person and become comfortable and familiar with the person; possibly addicted to the person as well. However, when the game updates and starts to change; you are forced to change with it, otherwise risk falling out. One can love a game, but that doesn't mean the game is going to love you back.

My rule for playing games is that if the GAME itself can't satisfy me, I search for something else.
    But what about the people and relationships here?

Sure, what about them?
    All games have people and possibilities at relationships!

One of the reasons I hardly post here is due to how toxic things are here. Its amazing how I have a second account registered here and when I roleplayed myself as a weak-minded fool, who agreed with everything people said, I had a nice filled friendlist and even when I asked people who I should avoid like the plague... Look no further than big, bad, idiotic, evil wolf Keilyn popping up everywhere! I was amazed at discovering the sheer level of condescending and two-faced people who tried to be "kind" to me, while telling my other account to avoid me.

Amazing how a lie (making a second account) told me more truths than asking people for honesty, and that I had to resort to that in order to see how people truly were in this place.

Maybe the people who are burning you out the most are the people who are closest to you; who you feel might be the kindest people around, but deep down if you don't live to their standards (or your own reputation), out you go like yesterday's trash. Perhaps completely stepping out of this game and taking a good hard look at yourself might give you some answers you are looking for.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

I had a 4 month hiatus (around the time FFXIV collab/ Odin LQ) came out....was more of personal issue but I figured I should stop playing to get mind right.

As of yet while there has been....slow moments....the game hasn't quite "bored" me to the point of stop playing. I may lower my amount of time played but not stop completely.... maybe I'm just a casual watcher because I didn't mind Episode 4s story.... I prefer that over Shironia's story.....but that simply opinion so :P

The game hasn't become White Beast S2 yet for me :P (PSU Reference)
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

I returned after a year and after I finished the episode 4, which mostly I skipped most of the scenes, I decided to see what EQ the game has to offer, one has a first part with the incredible annoying vehicle from the Las Vegas Section and the boss part don't feels something unique, but well it was only one mission let's see Mining Base VR? Okay let's try, so it is the same Mining Base with recycled enemies instead of "All dark enemies" well... not that bad but let's see more... Mining Base Demise? again? Raging the Dark Arms? for god's sake... Okay my character is 75/75 and I heard you can level up to 80 now, let's see how... HOLY SHIT NT to 35?, farm and farm again doing the same content again and again? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Korima View Post
    I returned after a year and after I finished the episode 4, which mostly I skipped most of the scenes, I decided to see what EQ the game has to offer, one has a first part with the incredible annoying vehicle from the Las Vegas Section and the boss part don't feels something unique, but well it was only one mission let's see Mining Base VR? Okay let's try, so it is the same Mining Base with recycled enemies instead of "All dark enemies" well... not that bad but let's see more... Mining Base Demise? again? Raging the Dark Arms? for god's sake... Okay my character is 75/75 and I heard you can level up to 80 now, let's see how... HOLY SHIT NT to 35?, farm and farm again doing the same content again and again? No thanks.
    There's PvP (Battle Arena) if you haven't tried that.

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korima View Post
    yeah its so hard to get +35 13 stars when collection files and NPCs just give that shit out like candy

to be fair when npcs arent around cf's generally take some time to get to +35 and you have to deal with non expert blocks which are really really bad

Grind and repetitive wise, how does PSO2 compare to the old PSO?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Falco View Post
    to be fair when npcs arent around cf's generally take some time to get to +35 and you have to deal with non expert blocks which are really really bad
    the real extra hard block

I decided to pop PSO1 ver2 in my Dreamcast again a while back, so I am sure I am not looking trough rose colored glasses.

Is PSO1 repetitive? Hell yes it was. I guess it was comparable, though PSO1 didn't have a MMO structure in terms of drip feed. I did take regular breaks from PSO1.

It was grindy, but it felt more entertaining. The quests had more going on in them, and the rare drop rate was harder. If you wanted something, you had to go out and get it - you didn't have people sitting around and only playing set events (EQs).

Levelling towards the end was a lot harder, though.