Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Wow, didn't realize there'd be so much backdraft around this.
    Maron is a blight on the universe.

Wow, didn't realize there'd be so much backdraft around this.
    Open ended class systems in MMORPGs where you can mix and match classes and skills will inevitiably reach a point where certain tactics/combos/skills require targeted and nuanced nerfs and changes; and anything but will fuck over a handful of people, as well doing nothing.

Sega should have throughly tested CT upon its inception on top of every time a new change, pa, skill, or class is added.

Chain Marron should have been easy to spot because Maron Strike is intended to be a retarded nuke option and they already went through the trauma of Chain Banish and Magatsu; so adding another high damage option that is compatible with CT should have been on the "is this going to completely break our content" list.

Now that there are established metas and class builds centered around gu sub and CT, removing them is just going to be the worst option avaliable.

In an mmorpg, you want people to play as many classes as they can play and have fun, so the last thing you need to do is remove builds from the pool of viable class combos.

Sega dug their grave with this mechanic and now they have to deal with it without making intentional meta-changing changes that screw over build and effectively kill them.
    Last edited by GHNeko; Apr 1, 2017 at 10:13 PM.

I personally think the Pets themselves need to be rebalanced. As it stands, there might as well only be like, three or four Pets because the other four or three see so little use in endgame play that they might as well not exist.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Chain Trigger should be TMG only.

It's pretty much what everyone wants. As much as I enjoy FoGu, I actually wouldn't mind CT becoming GU main only because right now, GU main isn't taken because other classes can just use Chain Trigger instead and do more damage, or be more useful in general while still doing enough for when they use Chain Trigger.

Chain Trigger being usable by everyone is a broken mess.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    Chain Marron should have been easy to spot because Maron Strike is intended to be a retarded nuke option and they already went through the trauma of Chain Banish and Magatsu; so adding another high damage option that is compatible with CT should have been on the "is this going to completely break our content" list.
    Marron in general is built around the flawed idea that getting KOd after use, requiring it to be hit, and having a timer balance it. When only the getting hit part matters, and that's only if you stunned a boss before you managed to get one to at least one charge.

As a GU main, I'm not worried.

It's not like you can hit 999,999 with IF-0 against Deus Esca with jammed WB anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by elryan View Post
    As a GU main, I'm not worried.

It's not like you can hit 999,999 with IF-0 against Deus Esca with jammed WB anyway.
    unless esca has more defense than mother and no weak spot, then I dont see how a Gu main cant break 1mil like they do vs mother.

You know, I actually expected them to nerf Maron Break a few weeks after releasing Maron. I was surprised when they didn't.
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

You know, I actually expected them to nerf Maron Break a few weeks after releasing Maron. I was surprised when they didn't.
    Honestly, Maron wouldn't even need a huge numbers nerf if you couldn't have more than one at once. But I can't think of a fair solution to that.

Slightly off topic, but that reminds me, they need to give Melon Break a visual indicator something. The timing is too weird for people to use it consistently.