Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Combat Escape is only Br exclusive as a counter measure to HuBr Katana domination way back when. It's not there to give the class flavor, but to make people play BrHu over HuBr. It's the same with Te as well; Shift Strike was an appeal to make people main Te and play wand.

LB and EC are identify skills that give the class their flavor, but really those classes already have their identity even without LB/EC.

Gu has its identify in the from of several TMG specific skills and multis. That and the game is a lot more interesting with CT working on other weapons.

If you want to play TMG you already are forced to main Gu, especially since a good portion of the classes damage doesnt work on anything but ranged attacks.

EDIT: also LB/EC work for all weapon types anyways. and GuSu is still extremely retarded as chain marron is still viable. as is GuBr chain banish.
    Last edited by GHNeko; Apr 1, 2017 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    Combat Escape is only Br exclusive as a counter measure to HuBr Katana domination way back when.
    Read: there is established precedent for using class exclusivity as a tool to respond to undesirable developments in the game's meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeris View Post
    I'm not taking it out on other classes. I'm suggesting that Sega does what they already do with several other skills core to the class. Limit Break is Fi exclusive. Elemental Conversion is Fo exclusive. Combat Escape is Br exclusive. Shifta Strike is Te exclusive. So why do I gotta share?
    I'd just like to point out that all of the examples you gave work with multiple weapons except combat escape, which is just a side skill to katana combat. They're just main class only. If people were suggesting Chain be main class only I'd be fine with that, though it means Gu has literally no use as a sub at all for anything.

Damn Su/Gu scrubs cheated on Mother and got CT nerfed for everyone. RIP in peace Gunner 2012-2017.

Read: there is established precedent for using class exclusivity as a tool to respond to undesirable developments in the game's meta.
    yeah but that's not the answer here.

the problem is that maron is dumb and tmg is not the best at exploiting CT.

nerf maron, buff tmg. dont body CT versitility just because.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    yeah but that's not the answer here.

the problem is that maron is dumb and tmg is not the best at exploiting CT.

nerf maron, buff tmg. dont body CT versitility just because.
    What he said. Twice chain was probably supposed to be that, but since the damage cap is the same regardless, it doesn't actually buff TMGs enough. Maybe something like "chain extend", that makes chain finish last longer when you use TMG PAs to cause it. A raw damage buff would be a bad idea though.

Sure, that would solve the problem. For now. But then it'll be something else. A new PA craft, Episode 5's new class, some latent on a 14*, and then we're right back here with the meta being balanced on Gunner's back yet again. No more half measures. I want a solution that futureproofs this so that I don't do the equivalent of investing millions into crafting a maxed IF-0 only to have to come up with a new combo three months later.
    Last edited by Xaeris; Apr 1, 2017 at 09:37 PM.

Should've made chain to be gu main only. Better yet, TMG only.

having a longer chain window after detonation exclusive to TMGs would be the ideal solution on top of nerfing maron because its the easiest shortcut to making TMG the de factor best choice for exploiting CT as it has a exclusively longer window for pumping out max deeps that no other class/weapon type can match.

Sure, that would solve the problem. For now. But then it'll be something else. A new PA craft, Episode 5's new class, some latent on a 14*, and then we're right back here with the meta being balanced on Gunner's back yet again. No more half measures. I want a solution that futureproofs this so that I don't do the equivalent of investing millions into crafting a maxed IF-0 only to have to come up with a new combo three months later.
    welcome to meta gaming. where what is intended and where what you want are not what is the case.

in an open ended class systems, sometimes you just gotta role with how the game is being played at the highest level.

this is shit that is learned day 1 in competitive games and mmos tbh.