Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Default The Importance of Dexterity?

As the title implies, I have no idea what the importance (or lack of importance) Dex has on any given build. From what I can tell it boosts your PA damage outside the usual S/R/T-attack stats. Any specific classes that should prioritize it over others? Is it something worth dumping points into over, say, the R-ATK skills in the Ranger tree? Should I worry about giving any to my mag?

Right now, I'm planning on having each character specialize in something, but leaving themselves open to doing anything, and as such my current plan for their mags is having my three "damage" stats on their mag at double the level of the three "defense" stats (i.e. at level 45 my mag would be 10/10/10/0/5/5/5.)

I glanced at some of the class guides, and have been following one for Ranger that focuses mainly on Weak Bullet, Weak Point bonus damage, and then was planning on subclassing Hunter for a bit of extra non-weak point damage and survivability once unlocked. However, two things I haven't really been able to see in the guides (unless I missed them) are mag info, and Dex info.

Sorry if it seems like I'm asking something super-complex thinking it's a simple question, but just giving me the basics of a general "yea" or "nay" on something would be enough for me to work off of. Not a min-maxer, but not someone who wants to hit like a wet noodle later on. Thanks in advance.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

I'll be simple then. Don't put points in DEX at all.
    It's useless in end game.
    Arada - PSO2: Ship 10 - Techer - Team master of Odyssey

Alright, good to know. And building "balanced mags" like I was planning? Good idea, or bad idea? I figure it'd leave me open for a bit of versatility if I need it.

Dex isn't really important, as in higher levels you would have enough dexterity to make the points you've added negligible.

Also, I'd advise against putting points in your mag other than 1 main attack stat (i.e full points in S-atk, full points in R-atk etc.). You can, but if you decided that you want a so called 'pure' mag the cost of resetting points becomes very expensive. Also, defensive stats on mag aren't really useful as most of your bulk defensive stats comes from units.

As for versatility, even with a different stat mag from your current class (i.e pure Ratk mag on a force) you can still deal decent damage.
    Last edited by Nyansan; Apr 24, 2017 at 09:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarSarah View Post
    in other news, accept your angular tits.

Alright, thanks for the info on the mags. I think I'm early enough that the few levels I already have spent won't be cutting much into it when switching it up, so I'll change it to whatever I plan on making them for their primary class from now on, and bail on the defensive aspects of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post
    As the title implies, I have no idea what the importance (or lack of importance) Dex has on any given build. From what I can tell it boosts your PA damage outside the usual S/R/T-attack stats. Any specific classes that should prioritize it over others? Is it something worth dumping points into over, say, the R-ATK skills in the Ranger tree? Should I worry about giving any to my mag?
    not just PA damage, but also your reduce your fluctuation between your minimum and maximum damage, so if you dont have that much differ between your min and max damage you dont need DEX. for Braver or Bouncer DEX in mag can be added to other atk at 50% max, e.g. you put 200 DEX on mag as braver means you get +200DEX +100S-ATK +100R-ATK, does this mean braver prioritize dex? no ... it depends how you play though

Dex doesn't influence PA damage. It just reduces damage variation. Technically it's a decent stat. The problem is, atk stats increase your maximum damage, so minimum damage ALSO improves and the damage variation in general improves better from atk than from dex. Selphea ran the math a while ago but generally, dex is never worth it.

For bravers, just decide if you want to run katana or bow and go full s-atk/r-atk. If you are running a hybrid, go s-atk. That way you have a mag which serves you better AND isn't useless if you run a class that isn't br.

For bouncers, just go full s-atk.

Alright, thanks for those tips, guys.

As for the mag thing, I bit the bullet and just paid for a mag reset. Already have roughly half the levels back in just a single night of doing that in pure R-ATK stat for my Ranger.

Isn't it cheaper to buy a new mag than to reset an old one? I realize I am saying it too late but it could be something to consider for the future.

Anyway I'm glad we were able to help you.

It is less AC to buy a new mag, yes.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!