Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: Deus nerf

Sooo, do i have an incentive to upgrade anymore? Because if not might as well go back to unnaffixed 8-9* units, sega will make sure i never struggle anyway

Yeah, I agree. They shouldn't have nerfed the boss. In fact, they should have buffed it. Gave it like 120m HP, reduce the DPS check time and give the damage cap to 99,999 instead. That way it might pose a slight challenge compared to before

Quote Originally Posted by Kintama View Post
    Sooo, do i have an incentive to upgrade anymore?
    There is actually one, though it's up to you to think it's one or not xD, the zeinesis 3rd Potent or Qliphod potent, with a 150 atk affix the x2 affix boost + 14% dmg makes you pretty much at same power than 14*, so i would say, if you want a granted way to have 14* power then you have one, if you don't want that power, well maybe just for the look, but it's a matter of taste, otherwise, well idk xD

Also, uploading some PSO2 musics on Youtube when i got enough time to do it, i might have what you're looking for : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHr...C9cNXO0AjuItAA

Quote Originally Posted by Naoya Kiriyama View Post
    Yeah, I agree. They shouldn't have nerfed the boss. In fact, they should have buffed it. Gave it like 120m HP, reduce the DPS check time and give the damage cap to 99,999 instead. That way it might pose a slight challenge compared to before
    I haven't read the whole thread yet, but I find it odd that people are complaining that they're nerfing him, when a harder version is going to come anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I haven't read the whole thread yet, but I find it odd that people are complaining that they're nerfing him, when a harder version is going to come anyway.
    Short term complaints. We can't really base our complaints on a future buff because one hasn't been announced yet.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

I personally think that being able to relatively easily fail a time-slotted boss is a horrible design decision, and to nerf Deus only makes sense. If they want to implement difficult content, it should not be emergency quests, but content that you can always play. The kind of difficulty that emergency quests should have is the potential to go further (i.e. do more runs), or a rating system (similar to TD), but not straight up failure.

Deus might not have been hard for me or you guys, but for many people PSO2 is just a casual grinding game, and failing and then being locked out of the quest since it's ended is not exactly what I'd call fun.

I am curious of the win rate of this eq in Xh blocks now. I mean, all players on my team who got screwed from the 35 weapon thing not being able to get into expert blocks have told me they have never been able to win in those block yet. I can only assume is less than half the runs that succeed there.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    I personally think that being able to relatively easily fail a time-slotted boss is a horrible design decision, and to nerf Deus only makes sense. If they want to implement difficult content, it should not be emergency quests, but content that you can always play. The kind of difficulty that emergency quests should have is the potential to go further (i.e. do more runs), or a rating system (similar to TD), but not straight up failure.

Deus might not have been hard for me or you guys, but for many people PSO2 is just a casual grinding game, and failing and then being locked out of the quest since it's ended is not exactly what I'd call fun.
    I'm not so mad at the nerf itself as I dislike the fact they were so prompt at nerfing it. A lot of people didn't even get to do the EQ enough to actually get used to it. You can't really say a boss is too easy or too hard until it was there long enough for people to figure stuff out by themselves

Reminder that first week Mama runs were averaging at 20-25 minutes in expert blocks, and now average at 10-12. I did a few XH blocks run, and while said runs were slower, they still vastly improved from the 1st week run I did on it back then. I wished they gave time for the dust to settle to see whether or not the nerf was warranted. I fear by the time more casual players get accustomed to it, the boss conversely becomes a bit too easy (and therefore boring)
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Apr 26, 2017 at 01:11 PM.

I really doubt the 4 man version is going to be harder. Unless for the sole fact that there is only 4 people and more chance of you having something's aggro. Deus Esca will obviously be HP nerfed to compensate for only having 4 players though.

Quote Originally Posted by echofaith View Post
    I am curious of the win rate of this eq in Xh blocks now. I mean, all players on my team who got screwed from the 35 weapon thing not being able to get into expert blocks have told me they have never been able to win in those block yet. I can only assume is less than half the runs that succeed there.
    Considering the numerous 75/75 (or more) players I've seen with 20 ele Aura/Revo not +30 or barely grinded but with some few millions worth camos and the like (and I don't even want to talk about units...noble on 2 slots, like...really?) when I run LQ, XH failure rate must have reached stratosphere. It's not to bash, just reporting what I witnessed.