Page 102 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2529299100101102103104105112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1263

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    your DEX vs enemy DEX determines both your damage variance on the enemy and enemy damage variance on you. While it may sound useful on paper, *13 weapons have a natural 90%-100% variance, that gets mitigated even more by crit (since a crit will be 100% no matter what). So yeah, unless they introduce very high DEX enemies, DEX is literally 100% useless right now
    Even worse, the Dex variance still caps at 90% min damage. So even if you could magically reach 3k Dex, your damage would still be 90-100% with rare weapons, sans very specific cases(reds, blues, invaders and crafted).

Demanding basic competence has become synonymous with elitism in this community, it's sad. I don't ask of people to have 150 ATK / 18 PP on all gear pieces by level 70, I don't ask of them to be able to dodge every single attack.

For example, you can die, it's natural, it's part of the game, but you can learn to not die. Learning how to avoid attacks is a part of the game, it's the point of the game, it's why it's fun. Same applies to learning different attack combos and their application. Learning things makes you see the game in different, new ways, and that keeps the game fresh for longer. Personal improvement yields stronger sense of empowerment, and that's why getting better makes the game more fun. Just remember that the goal of the game is to win and get as many rewards as possible. Good performance yields good rewards. Most importantly, remember that you are playing with other random people who are working for the same goal. Be a team worker. You won't be perfect, but it's normal. Humans make mistakes and miscalculate things all the time, on both analytical and reflexive level. As long as you are trying your best you are a good player in my book, because it means you respect others who play with you.

This is a multiplayer game. If you don't want to have a burden of responsibility while you are trying to have a good time, stick to single player. If all you want from a game is spectacle and don't care about the way you interact with it, I have a game just for you.

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    As long as you are trying your best you are a good player in my book,
    I prefer trying my worst.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    i'd illustrate it something like this.

i think you underestimate how trash some heroes can be, spamming brand new star on singular mobs constantly losing hero boost.
    I'll grant you that. And I wasn't really trying to compare the very worst to the very best either. More like, not-really-competent vs. good-but-not-perfect I'm not good enough to evaluate the true top end, and I tend to have too much faith in people to properly evaluate the true bottom end. Because of my experience as a FI, I tend to assume bad FI's will end up dead all the time and thus not contribute much at all, but the truth is that most bad FI's probably just don't use Limit Break very much.

I have also figured out one of the things that causes me to kill faster on Hero than on FI or GU when in low-effort mode, and that's the sheer convenience built into the class. As I was trying to explain to a friend yesterday, of all the enemies in the game that I have tended to find really annoying on various classes, none of them bother Hero a whit, because it has tools for everything. It's like being Batman. Run into Sharks? You've got Bat Shark Repellent). Whereas every other class has bosses or even mooks that it doesn't handle particularly well and you have to work around them.

At the same time, that very convenience can make the game boring sometimes. I [I]enjoy[I] mobbing. I solo +30 and higher SHAQ's regularly just because I think they're more fun than regular quests because the mobs don't all die in one hit and I can actually have fun building combos on stuff. With Hero that's hard to really do, because Brightness End and Brand New Star annihilate everything effortlessly.

That said, I am loving the GU balance changes, and think I am going to go back to GU main. It's been a long time, and I'm actually having fun with Katarin again. So I have no real problem with Hero being what it is... I'll even play it myself... on the side.
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."

Some DPS checks Sword/Talis/TMG skills thanks to this wonderful person

Sword:
    https://twitter.com/TomacoESP/status/931905026397675522

Talis: tba

TMG:
    https://twitter.com/TomacoESP/status/932629002145054720

updating first post with this, will apply it when Talis check comes if its needed

Confirmation that shooting things is faster than PA'ing things.

On one target anyway.

anyone use basil weapons? is it worthwhile getting them for hero?

Quote Originally Posted by starwind75043 View Post
    Absolutely,but you need it at +35.
    Its 13% unconditional damage and the SAF is 5% on enemies effected by jellen. Jellen is guarenteed on anything,even bosses,so its just a flat 18% damage modifier.
    Considering its base attack stats are right next to gix,they're stupidly good and easy to get.
    The jellen reduces enemy attack damage by 5% which helps you occasionally keep your hero damage bonus and at pot3 the jellen effect is up for 10s
    Imo its only topped by 200 atk qliph (zeins are out of rotation) and NemesisNT (Which is RNG and nab has no boost on right now)

Stupid good for how easy it is to get.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by starwind75043 View Post
    What Moffen said + Jellen proc rate is stupidely high which means you will deal very very very often the full18% dmg buff from pot+saf. Add to this that Jellen apply to boss too :3 Only "downside" is when mobs/boss get jellened you will most likely get the aggro. Well that's what I experienced with UQ considering I was an early adopter of Talis :v
    Also if you're missing some Qliphad for your other class, Basilis are very good alternatives imho.
    Last edited by Masu; Nov 22, 2017 at 09:57 PM.

Isn't the Jellen proc rate 100%?