Page 38 of 89 FirstFirst ... 28353637383940414888 ... LastLast

Typically....class came out....it was "different" than new wave of PAs came out and THEN it became OP.

Remember when Shunka came out? :P

edit: Since this is supposedly an "Advanced Class" it might be broken from the beginning we'll just have to see...
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Heroes can use Techniques/Technics. I'm love.
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

I don't expect the class to be as good with techs as a pure Force, but I hope they're worth using for more than support.

I've been playing a very crappy class combination for years, FO/HU, because regardless of how bad it is, playstyle keeps me interested in the game more than proficiency, and coincidentally my two main weapons all this time have been swords and talis. I'm extremely hyped about the idea of having a class made to excel with them, and I couldn't be happier with the weapon-switching PA mechanics. I like when they give us reasons to play with multiple weapons.

The TMGs are a nice touch, although I think I'd have expected a "yuusha"-themed class to go with bullet bows to keep the medieval vibe (and personally that would have given me a wartecher-gasm, I loved using bows and swords in PSU), but they are cool enough.

It's almost as if they made a class just to make me happy. I don't really care if they don't focus on techs as long as I can use them for my own enjoyment. Access to talis and those awesome PAs are satisfying enough, but... It feels a bit like if they gave somebody a rod to whack things with and call them a "mage" for that. Still, it would be the icing of the cake if they had something for techs, even if it wasn't very important. Bouncer's jet boots element-switching skills based on techs is a good example.
    Last edited by Darki; Jun 30, 2017 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    ??? Every new class has been mediocre or decent when it first came out. What are you even talking about?
    Yeah, I made a mistake. I forgot about fi / gu / te and about br having apparently been mediocre when it came out.

I was thinking about both Bo and Su being really strong when they came out.
    And since Sega has done this twice ina row now I really expect Hero, especially because it's such special case without even a subclass and with its own lvl cap cos, to be op or at least among the strongest classes when it gets released.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Emerald EXE View Post
    edit: Since this is supposedly an "Advanced Class" it might be broken from the beginning we'll just have to see...
    Yeah, Sega is hyping Hero far more than previous new classes. Those were just hyped as being new and nothing else, Hero is hyped as being advanced and special.

PS: I am really hyped about awesome combos like warping close with a talis, starting a DoT pa with it, then switchign to sword to fil the gear gauge and finally finshing with the TMG finisher for awesome boss fights.

The only strong thing I can think about Bouncer when it first came out was Photon Blade Fever.

Summoner when it first came out didn't do anything that other classes couldn't do. Maron changed everything though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vatallus View Post
    The only strong thing I can think about Bouncer when it first came out was Photon Blade Fever.

Summoner when it first came out didn't do anything that other classes couldn't do. Maron changed everything though.
    Summoner was strong, Torim Spiral is a thing.

The amount of time it takes Torim Spiral to charge is enough time for any geared character to output the same amount of damage.

The amount of time it takes Torim Spiral to charge is enough time for any geared character to output the same amount of damage.
    But you can charge it before exoda AIS spawned, or b4 PD core exposed, it was really useful.

true, but the amount of everything else (meseta, grinder, and so on) just to output the same amount of damage is the biggest gap of summoner and any other classes

Quote Originally Posted by reinforcers View Post
    true, but the amount of everything else (meseta, grinder, and so on) just to output the same amount of damage is the biggest gap of summoner and any other classes
    Summoner was a massive meseta sink, especially at the start