Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuhou View Post
    Gu was really not killed at all. Like all other burst damage it was just nerfed so it is no longer gamebreaking. We will now get a far better PSO2 that isn't just mindless rushing after drops but where boss battles are actually fun for a change. And chain was buffed, not nerfed. OP damage with chain requires a more controlled environment than usual and bosses like deus prevent long chains anyway except in vary rare situations. So for most people and situations it's a pure buff because they would not have done OP damage anyway. Instead it's now far more reliable to use chains, raising damage in many situations.

Also, hu got its burst damage nerfed like everyone else. Vol Graptor is weaker and more expensive now. Probably no longer worth it in many situations cause it eats pp so fast you do more damage spamming pas.
    Gu wasn't killed. As you quoted, Gu as a burst damage sub was killed even though Hu as a subclass is much more popular.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    Well they're targetting burst damage and Hu sub is not really known for burst damage lol.
    It's not really known for burst but I'd say Fury-JA-Massive-Automate-Flash Guard creates more problems considering they had to add heal jamming just to try and balance it.
    Last edited by Selphea; Jun 16, 2017 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Stances being a passive would only work for only single stance builds..
    Passive stances would work perfectly fine for Fighter. Brave Stance gives +50% damage from the front. Wise Stance gives +75.5% damage from the back. There's no conflict there and they could both work simultaneously as passive skills without you having to manually switch.

It'd kill TMG Stance Up though

Yeah let's just make Fighter stances into passives so in the end it's average stance with 1.5 damage bonus + backstab bonus essentially making Fighter skills barely any more conditional than Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by vantpers View Post
    Yeah let's just make Fighter stances into passives so in the end it's average stance with 1.5 damage bonus + backstab bonus essentially making Fighter skills barely any more conditional than Fury.
    Maybe people will finally stop subbing Hu.
    About time lmao.
    Spoiler!

It looks like Summoner is getting neutered. I suppose it was overdue but not having anything to come close to Maron's DPS will make the class completely noncompetitive. Also, what's the point of Techer after the patch? Shifta strike and some HP while sacrificing most of their DPS? It seems like an almost useless class after 7/26. TeSu's are literal garbage experiencing nerfs to their only two tools, Maron and Zanverse.

Barring how broken Hero might be, I think Fighter will be king after the balance patch. They are currently easily 2nd best after Fo and they are only receiving buffs while Fo is getting wrecked.

Quote Originally Posted by vantpers View Post
    People seem to forget one little detail....FI main is already one of the best classes around (even tho it's hard to leverage it's hardly an excuse to downplay how good it is) even with the "instability" stances bring to it. If it had access to both stances at ONCE, it would not only make it stupidly strong, but also kinda braindead. if you want to just do damage without caring about positioning, you have plenty of other classes that do that... Please don't make FI a copy-paste of other classes and buff it even more.

Brave/wise are also the highest multipliers around after Fury...making these stances as a passive would kill any sub that isn't FI or HU, even if other melee classes had stances as a passive skill (average/weak and Element/Break would have literally no way to compete if FI stances weren't limited)... And I honestly don't think making every sub as broken and braindead as HU sub is a better balancing policy.

Quote Originally Posted by IWinToLose View Post
    It looks like Summoner is getting neutered. I suppose it was overdue but not having anything to come close to Maron's DPS will make the class completely noncompetitive. Also, what's the point of Techer after the patch? Shifta strike and some HP while sacrificing most of their DPS? It seems like an almost useless class after 7/26. TeSu's are literal garbage experiencing nerfs to their only two tools, Maron and Zanverse.

Barring how broken Hero might be, I think Fighter will be king after the balance patch. They are currently easily 2nd best after Fo and they are only receiving buffs while Fo is getting wrecked.
    That's...completely wrong when it comes to SU. Most pets have equal or even superior DPS potential to most other weapons in the game, Aero Spiral and Synchro are still there for damage bursts during stuns.

Also Melon being buffed means Marron and Melon will finally co-exist, instead of Marron stealing its niche and making it useless (Melon will still only need 3 hits to charge and have better damage for melon strike, making it your go-to choice for quick damage soak and burst, while marron will be kept for really hectic situations where it can absorb a lot of hits very quickly, stuff like apprentice/Loser hand 3rd phase on Mother)

Marron was so overpowered that it completely overshadowed how decent other pets are. SU after patch will just become a class with more finesse and will be more in line with other classes. Hopefully people will start looking at other pets and see that despite them no having holy Marron's stupid damage output, a few of them are really good enough to make SU decent

Yeah for TE, though, most of the tools it used from subclasses getting nerfed + compound/zanverse nerf will hit it pretty hard.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Jun 17, 2017 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    My problem with stance dancing is that it has to play an animation when you activate Stances, which kinda breaks the flow of combat. I wish they would just use quick animations like Showtime and Wand Lovers so I wouldn't have to stop what I'm doing to turn on Break Stance when Zephyros summons serpent heads again.
    As a FiBouser who has to turn on 4-5 actives (LB, PBF, EPPRF, CF, PPC Ring), not counting stances,just to get maximum potential damage output...

as well as a GuFi user who has to deal with positioning and cant swap stances in mid-air...

I really wish the animation for turning on stances and actives was not only shorter (or non-existent like showtime) but maintained height so i dont have to drop like a rock just to reup an active when im fighting in the air. x_x

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    It's not really known for burst but I'd say Fury-JA-Massive-Automate-Flash Guard creates more problems considering they had to add heal jamming just to try and balance it.
    :thonk:

Good point. Fair enough.

That's...completely wrong when it comes to SU. Most pets have equal or even superior DPS potential to most other weapons in the game, Aero Spiral and Synchro are still there for damage bursts during stuns.

Also Melon being buffed means Marron and Melon will finally co-exist, instead of Marron stealing its niche and making it useless (Melon will still only need 3 hits to charge and have better damage for melon strike, making it your go-to choice for quick damage soak and burst, while marron will be kept for really hectic situations where it can absorb a lot of hits very quickly, stuff like apprentice/Loser hand 3rd phase on Mother)
    The problem with Melon is that fully charged, it only does 30% more DPS than Maron Break. Melon is simply not a viable alternative to Maron and you probably have better options like Synchro and Aero. It all depends on how much they neuter Maron. If Maron does 66%+ of its current damage, it will still be viable. Anything lower and Su will struggle to solo Deus Gracia.

As for the other pets, they really don't compare to most other weapons. Sure they're probably better than Jetboots, but they're probably worse than Rifles. This of course includes all the other pets besides Maron and is assuming the target you're attacking is not AFK the whole match (Aero Spiral is undeniably good DPS). I don't think it's possible to even come close to soloing Gracia without Maron and that is where I believe the benchmark for balance should be when it comes to "high dps" classes.

People seem to forget one little detail....FI main is already one of the best classes around (even tho it's hard to leverage it's hardly an excuse to downplay how good it is) even with the "instability" stances bring to it. If it had access to both stances at ONCE, it would not only make it stupidly strong, but also kinda braindead. if you want to just do damage without caring about positioning, you have plenty of other classes that do that...
    You'd still have to actually spend the skill points on the skills though. Do you actually have both Brave and Wise on your Fighter main tree? Most people don't, because there aren't enough points for Wise after getting Brave, Brave Up, Brave Critical, Critical Strike, Limit Break, TAJA, TAJAPPS, PP Slayer, the Crazy skills, and so on.

The only thing making them passive would do is eliminate the RNG component if you DO actually have both skills, and save you having to manually switch.

It would make Fighter better and more reliable as a sub (but still not as good as Hunter), which is something it needs. It wouldn't really affect Fighter main at all, or if it does, it would be by making other options attractive rather than simply buffing it.