Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The paid model in PSU failed, it couldn't get enough subs to keep running. Not to mention the next generation is growing up on mobile which is like F2P: the platform so that's not going anywhere.

I would say Ep5 is more budget because... it's more budget. Game is getting old, revenue is dropping so resources get put elsewhere. Typically large-scale MMO-type games take 5-ish years to do from scratch, i.e. planning, concept art, writing, drawing fancy flowcharts, convincing crotchety old finance department people to give you money and such before even talking about modelling and programming so I wouldn't be surprised if they're already working on the next game.

I just hope they drop the time-gated EQs in favor of content that's more flexible to the players time. I know that's wishing too much but most modern games nowadays are being designed in consideration that most people don't have much free time.

we already know Phantasy Star Online 3 is already being made/in getting ready for production at this point, there would be no reason for them to not jump on this already with how successful PSO2 is and given how little (and little effort) the content theyre putting out currently i dont see how production starting for PSO3 wouldnt be out of the question. thought ill give to at least 2019 or 2020 (because pso2, 2020??? more 2's) until something is at least announced.

I put my bet on Ep. 5's content being lackluster because any corporation will slide towards hogging more money for itself in the long run, not because there's signs of the game dying (didn't we have PS4's release and subsequent population explosion here not that long ago?) At this rate, though, they probably will kill the game. Eventually everyone's going to get sick of playing the same OP class as everyone else and realize leaving 90% of the classes in the game as basically useless in comparison is a poor design choice.
    Last edited by Chigun; Sep 4, 2017 at 06:28 PM.

Surprise: PSO3 will be a mobile game.

Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post

Lol.
    Its hard to laugh when such a possibility is just too likely to happen.

Not crazy enough

Surprise: PSO3 will be a pachinko machine.

Lol.
    FiliaMortis * SARA-013 * Kiyoko * Akane * Vikky * Mei * Alicia * Ophelia

Mattykins - Ship 02

Lol.
    As much as how this is not a surprise this could happen, for the love of God plz no. They can use the PSO2es model of example if they wanted to make a smartphone game.
    test

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    I would say Ep5 is more budget because... it's more budget. Game is getting old, revenue is dropping so resources get put elsewhere. Typically large-scale MMO-type games take 5-ish years to do from scratch, i.e. planning, concept art, writing, drawing fancy flowcharts, convincing crotchety old finance department people to give you money and such before even talking about modelling and programming so I wouldn't be surprised if they're already working on the next game.
    The game also is around 50~60GB on PC, maybe they don't want it to get much bigger too quickly, and so Ep5 is more budget than previous episodes?
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

It's still one of Sega Japans best performing games if I am not mistaken. I am sure they will take it as far as they can. I honestly believe ep 10 is very realistic.

I imagine PSO 3 would just be PSO2 season 2 lol
    Last edited by starwind75043; Sep 5, 2017 at 02:39 PM.