Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vatallus View Post
    My friend and I would use attack setups in Main Match Advance.

One time we had 3 attack setups. Still won. Who needs defense.
    Did you even use half the stuff it gives you though? If you aren't going to use the laser turrets and the photon punishers, you might as well just use the balanced or defensive one.

Personally the biggest problem with the attack layout to me is the lack of a shield because if a tower without a shield starts getting infected you have to wait for the flower to do anything about it... even if all the mobs are gone the next phase won't start.

Quote Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post
    The issue with that, though, is that your gear doesn't scale with you. So even if you're the world's best level 20 player, you're still swinging a sword with a damage rating of 472 as opposed to one that's got a damage rating of 1692. You are literally using a weapon with a quarter of the damage as the usual weapon someone of that level uses. Unless I'm missing something, that's a statistical difference level alone can't overcome.
    Stats get normalized. I know for a fact that both HP and PP have standard values. For example I always have 1275 or so HP and exactly 168PP in grade 3 even if my current class/sub and equipment bring me over 200PP or at only 110PP. Similarily, Grade 1 always has me with exactly 500HP (I once had 505HP and I have no idea why). HP/PP campship buff and Jerky do not affect the HP and PP values inside BQ. In fact, the only times I noticed a change was with Techer's Deband.

Damage is also normalized. I join Grade3, I deal some couple of thousands per autoattack. I join Free mode Grade1, my autoattacks deal about 300.

I do not know if values are all set to some predetermined values or if there is a squish going on. (for example if someone with 1000atk could be squished to 310 for Grade1, and someone with 4000atk to 340 (random values)).

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    I do not know if values are all set to some predetermined values or if there is a squish going on. (for example if someone with 1000atk could be squished to 310 for Grade1, and someone with 4000atk to 340 (random values)).
    As far as I know there's a minimum and maximum set for all the stats. If you go outside of that then you get pushed in. This includes ALL stat bonuses, even those from shifta and drinks as far as I know (I ALWAYS get dropped to 135 pp in grade 1, even if I use the photon drink). So yes, having a crappy weapon won't matter as much unless you're in Advanced.

EDIT: It doesn't directly cap your damage (outside of the usual 999,999 cap) as far as I know though, so skill trees and latents still make a big difference though. Considering hero can get all their important damage skills by level 30 though...

I guess I picked a sour time to drop in
    Is Episode V really that bad?
    I've missed out on a lot.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    I guess I picked a sour time to drop in
    Is Episode V really that bad?
    I've missed out on a lot.
    Hero is really fun to play, but this class killed all others, so people are not happy with that. Sega will give more speed to old class in a futur balance, so wait and see.

Buster Quest (basically a medieval TD) is fun too but the grade and stamina system suck

Too early to judge EP5, but one thing is sure : if you don't plan to play Hero, you can leave!
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee."
    - Godot, Ace Attorney 3

Quote Originally Posted by TheFanaticViper View Post
    Hero is really fun to play, but this class killed all others, so people are not happy with that. Sega will give more speed to old class in a futur balance, so wait and see.

Buster Quest (basically a medieval TD) is fun too but the grade and stamina system suck

Too early to judge EP5, but one thing is sure : if you don't plan to play Hero, you can leave!
    Hero or Busted? Sounds Boring...
    Maybe SEGA should pull a Square-Enix and shutdown for a year or two,
    Go back and fix everything, and then reopen...
    "A Phantasy Reborn?" ...this game needs it!
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Did you even use half the stuff it gives you though? If you aren't going to use the laser turrets and the photon punishers, you might as well just use the balanced or defensive one.

Personally the biggest problem with the attack layout to me is the lack of a shield because if a tower without a shield starts getting infected you have to wait for the flower to do anything about it... even if all the mobs are gone the next phase won't start.

you do

the laser can be precharged while waiting for a phase to start though it can't actually kill a big spawn by itself like punisher so it's somewhat mediocre, no penalty on using it though since the range is so long and you can aim at 3 different spawns with it after charging it while waiting for spawn so its just free damage.

photon punisher is always good

gatlings + shotgun are okay and speed up killing a little with how they're positioned to cover the spawn

the lack of freeze switch isn't that big of a deal, infection doesn't always spawn at the end of a wave and even if it does its just like 10~15 seconds of waiting compared to the time saved from other things.

defense is honestly the worst one, no punisher, 2 walls are not necessary, even 1 often is unnecessary since tower damage is meaningless on your rank, it's only sometimes useful on lanes that get a minotaur rush and nobody is there to spawnkill them. Balanced also has teleport cannon, so there's no reason to pick defense ever.

in the recent AL i see a lot of 2 balanced 2 special setups which makes sense too, probably 2 special is better than using 2 attack.
    Last edited by KatsuraJun; Sep 14, 2017 at 11:27 AM.

Defense sucks. Only reason I'll pick it is if I am deciding the layout of one of the two edge towers. Since the 2nd wall just happens to be far enough back to block most of the final enemy rush.

Even then I don't always pick it. Balance is great.Special is good too.

ugh hes back to ruin everything again

Quote Originally Posted by KatsuraJun View Post
    you do

the laser can be precharged while waiting for a phase to start though it can't actually kill a big spawn by itself like punisher so it's somewhat mediocre, no penalty on using it though since the range is so long and you can aim at 3 different spawns with it after charging it while waiting for spawn so its just free damage.

photon punisher is always good

gatlings + shotgun are okay and speed up killing a little with how they're positioned to cover the spawn

the lack of freeze switch isn't that big of a deal, infection doesn't always spawn at the end of a wave and even if it does its just like 10~15 seconds of waiting compared to the time saved from other things.

defense is honestly the worst one, no punisher, 2 walls are not necessary, even 1 often is unnecessary since tower damage is meaningless on your rank, it's only sometimes useful on lanes that get a minotaur rush and nobody is there to spawnkill them. Balanced also has teleport cannon, so there's no reason to pick defense ever.

in the recent AL i see a lot of 2 balanced 2 special setups which makes sense too, probably 2 special is better than using 2 attack.
    I meant as an individual, as in, do Vatallus and his friends use them. I've seen a lot of people take the attack layout then not even use the turrets or photon punishers.