Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 142122232425 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MightyHarken View Post
    Only thing I don´t get is why ranger got nerfed in DPS vs bosses. Used to deal around 31k per tick using parallel slider vs a rock bear (With WB mark). Now it went down to 21k. The effectiveness to mobbing was increased overall by 50% i´d say though.

I just think the -40% damage from weak hit adv was too much. Should be tweaked up from 15% to 25% per skill.
    not sure how thats possible when the craft was buffed 77%

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    You can use Fi weapons as back up weapons if you feel JBs wont cut it. A light FI weapon covers a super majority of the situations you would need a back up weapon for DB.

I personally carry around JBs because I like the weapon but real talk; just carry around a DS as FiBo and your fine.

And yeah it's only 1.1x for main class thank god.

EDIT: And yeah, Hu sub has utility, but I dont feel like its super necessary considering Technics.
    Fi... bo? Sounds super weird. How does it work?

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    As far as I recall, FI/BO differentiates itself from BO/HU by actually using Techs offensively with Boots. It also get LB burst as per the norm and Critical Field-augmented Crit Strike. Its weaknesses are a lack of good compatible Boots (best option is Placis Arion) and you lose access to Switch Strike, which forces you to spec into T-ATK.
    Last edited by Altiea; Oct 12, 2017 at 01:55 AM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    Grab DBs

Pop LB

Pop Crit Field for 100% Crit Rate

PA 1 > TAJA PA2

????

Profit!

It used to be the main way to play bouncer before Sega freaked and then nerfed Fi/X almost into non-existance for a while.

Then they went and made Astral Blaze which has been the best (and only way without going through es) to play FiBo for almost a year while also just being really solid DBs period.

Even after 13* crafting comes, I still think Astral Blaze will be the best; if not one of the best weapons for FiBo.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    As far as I recall, FI/BO differentiates itself from BO/HU by actually using Techs offensively with Boots. It also get LB burst as per the norm and Critical Field-augmented Crit Strike.

FiBo JB is one way to play, though in today's PSO2; it's probably best to play FiBo DB.

Though you can play both JB and DB on FiBo, the affixes used are completely different so one will be gimped when the other isnt.
    Last edited by GHNeko; Oct 12, 2017 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    not sure how thats possible when the craft was buffed 77%
    Probably referring to the 255% to 20% WB nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    If a class has zero niches and doesn't even excel in anything, then it's just simply a bad class. There's no other way to put it, no matter how much better it feels to play. Hello? This was why the class was trash pre-patch too. At least some other old classes have things that Hero doesn't.
    With Sega's current philosophy, there will be more bad classes in the future anyway.
    Suppose a class has a niche then:
    a) if even a single part of the game requires that niche to achieve a good score, then that class becomes mandatory and ruins the fun for everyone else at that part.
    b) if no part of the game requires that niche, then it's a useless niche.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Just because X isn't as good as Y doesn't mean X is automatically trash. It just means that X isn't as good as Y. If "not the best" is the same as being trash for you, then by all means, go ahead.
    This is both true and false, and it's entirely subjective. If the difference between X and Y is say 5%, then the lesser one isn't trash (imo). But if the difference is like 50%, then obviously playing the lesser one is done either due to wanting a challenge, due to trying to accomplish something hard, or due to player indifference/ignorance. But the general mentality is that "if something is not the absolute best, it's trash", and it is evident in every single online game I've played, PvE or PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    anyway as for the "haha its just a game lol XD" thing, some people have fun by trying to be the best! wow!
    People who want to be the best play what the best is regardless if it suits them or not. And it's up to the developer to ensure that there are multiple ways to achieve that "best".

PSO-2 was advertised as an online RPG, however, it became an extreme hack and slash game long ago.
    The concept of making difficulty levels where monsters gain more attack power, but each become damage tanks in their own way is a standard in the action genre.

The meta then deals with stacking as much DPS as possible to force bosses and enemies to be annihilated before they gain enough time in their phases to play their strongest attack. Even if they do throw it, there are counters to them in some form. When all else fails there are moon atomizers. Unfortunately, the developer has not shown any signs that they know how to balance a 12 man run, let alone a 4 man run.

Its like if SEGA creates events with very low DPS Checks in mind, and the players manage to beat the DPS check by a factor of 2 - 5x.

I can't even see what the boundaries are in PSO-2.
    However, I can see the boundaries very clearly when running 4 man, 8 man, or 24 man raids in FF XIV.
    But hey, people like free games and they get what they pay for. :P
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

at it's roots, pso1 was designed as a Diablo clone, and most of that still holds true today

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    Wait, hold on. This statement makes like, no sense. There are good F2P games and bad paid subscription games. This is like saying the entire subgenre of F2P MMOs is bad because you don't pay to play.

Also, remember the last time they made an actually difficult DPS check? People got frustrated and complained because they weren't getting the rewards for the time they put into it, so they nerfed it. This would otherwise not be a problem if it wasn't time-limited content, but since it's time-limited content...
    Last edited by Altiea; Oct 12, 2017 at 10:06 AM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    I can't even see what the boundaries are in PSO-2.
    However, I can see the boundaries very clearly when running 4 man, 8 man, or 24 man raids in FF XIV.
    You can see the boundaries clearly in FFXIV because there is one and only one way to play each DPS class. You learn your rotation and use it against every single fight in the game which is what allows them to tune DPS checks perfectly. There's also zero meaningful gear customisation available with obvious best in slot items that are used for all fights. The game offers players no choices in gear or playstyle in order to achieve the balance it has. It's closer to a rhythm game than an RPG with all the memorisation needed to succeed in fights.

That game also has two sets of content designed for casual and hardcore players. PSO2 up until now has never tried to split content between two player bases of differing skill levels. Every single bit of content has tried to please everyone at once, meaning all DPS checks and difficulty have been aimed at the casual playerbase so they don't fail runs but is easily broken by the hardcore players in the group. Only recently have they finally decided to create content for "powerful players" so we'll see how that goes.