Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    Because other things got buffed that already outclassed Bouncer pre-patch, which doesn't make any of their buffs special in the slightest. It is still "that other melee class that still comes close to FI and HR sometimes" yet matches them in no way, offers no useful utility in majority of the quests, and still has to match element to not lose a chunk of damage.

And the difficulty of this game has definitely lessened after that patch with damage boosts across the board, so standards should be much higher as well. 5 min solo PD and being a second away from timing out on zephyros is whatever now. Flow of fights in multiparty is faster now, so even the speed boost on vinto is not enough. Barely any mid-range presence, mobbing PAs/combos that brightness end/divine launcher can outpace with ease, and movement PAs are still sorta clunky. Also, shit bursting ability compared to BBow and less flexible compared Hero sword WA (another melee weapon). It just simply loses to a lot of things while offering nothing in return. The patch did not help the class's situation at all, it just cemented it as a mediocre class that's only fun to play.

An average Hero is still more respectable than a good Bouncer because the former at least have a lot more room to improve and contribute better to MPAs.
    Huh you do know every class is not utterly perfect right ? I'm going to ask for Hero to get WB and Shifta strike then since they can"t do it, if we follow that kind of line. Comparing anything to the stupidity of Sword WA and Brightness is already a problem since Hero is still a thing of its own.

The point of the buffs wasn't to make BO OP, it was to make BO stronger and more consistent to finally get on par with other "normals" melee classes, and it did its job. Bo has nothing to envy Braver or Hunter, and that's a good thing already.

To be honest the only issue I find with BO atm is the clunkiness of stance switching and actives, and remember that is going away in 2 weeks, meaning that BO will finally be able to flow properly and be inside the mpa instead of trailing behind while activating stuff
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Oct 11, 2017 at 04:14 AM.

If a class has zero niches and doesn't even excel in anything, then it's just simply a bad class. There's no other way to put it, no matter how much better it feels to play. Hello? This was why the class was trash pre-patch too. At least some other old classes have things that Hero doesn't.
    With Sega's current philosophy, there will be more bad classes in the future anyway.
    Last edited by Xaelouse; Oct 11, 2017 at 05:11 AM.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

ok; nobody is saying you have to play bouncer now. just that the people who liked bouncer and were good at it can play it without falling behind (or at least, can keep up for the most part)

Do whatever, just don't lie to people that it's even a good class right now or you're good for playing it. It is still a landmine.

Do whatever, just don't lie to people that it's even a good class right now or you're good for playing it. It is still a landmine.
    So do you just like, really hate Bouncer or something?
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

beating an oodan to death with an eternal psychodrive

i heard a bouncer entered their mpa and broke the drop crystal before they could put on their lucky rise units and umbla stick, lighting the fire for a deep, dark hatred to burn with the intensity of a thousand suns

(don't try holding a debate with people that ignore facts, just ignore them and talk to people that actually have useful things to contribute)
    100% certified quality post

the pso-world forums are a pvp-enabled zone

If a class has zero niches and doesn't even excel in anything, then it's just simply a bad class. There's no other way to put it, no matter how much better it feels to play. Hello? This was why the class was trash pre-patch too. At least some other old classes have things that Hero doesn't.
    With Sega's current philosophy, there will be more bad classes in the future anyway.
    it keeps up with the top clases with the ability to boss efficiently so what exactly makes the class bad
    its okay if you're bad at the class but when youve been shown it can do things that the others can how do you even justify your 'ITS BAD'
    i just want to understand how your brain works

If the best the class can do is place 4th to 5th in everything, then yeah, it is bad. I've been keeping track of every dumbass vid of their gameplay and been comparing it to everything else for the sake of balance ever since that patch hit, as well as from my own experience. It honestly isn't logical to try to master mediocrity instead of something actually good besides for fun (if that's what you derive fun from).

I am also not the only person that thinks this.

Friendly reminder that we're playing a game. Games are supposed to be fun.
    EDIT: Also wanted to say we're playing a completely PvE game where anyone can solo anything with any class.
    If you arent playing "for fun" in this game then what the hell are you doing here.
    Last edited by DavidAG; Oct 11, 2017 at 04:36 PM.

If the best the class can do is place 4th to 5th in everything, then yeah, it is bad. I've been keeping track of every dumbass vid of their gameplay and been comparing it to everything else for the sake of balance ever since that patch hit, as well as from my own experience. It honestly isn't logical to try to master mediocrity instead of something actually good besides for fun (if that's what you derive fun from).

I am also not the only person that thinks this.
    Just because X isn't as good as Y doesn't mean X is automatically trash. It just means that X isn't as good as Y. If "not the best" is the same as being trash for you, then by all means, go ahead.

I'm not going to refute that FI, GU, or HR are significantly better than BO. But I will state that BO is fast closing the power gap compared to before the balance patch.
    Last edited by Altiea; Oct 11, 2017 at 04:40 PM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]