Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I don't really agree if all Hero weapons are all niche though, cause sword, even if it's not the strongest in very specific situations, can arguably do pretty much everything.

Hero Counter goes without saying. But I won't be surprised if it has to be discussed here either.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Pan View Post
    Idk, I just spam energy shots only. The guy who said countering is good, is a fool.
    the sad part is people unironically think this. trash

Quote Originally Posted by Great Pan View Post
    Idk, I just spam energy shots only. The guy who said countering is good, is a fool.
    Everyone knows this is a fashion simulator

That countering vs vapor bullet math is so funny.

My counter damage can go up to 150k while my vapor bullets can hit 20k each x 4 so that is 80k

150k > 80k

Yeah you are correct.

But I can throw vapor bullets every second. How often can you counter again? Assuming the sword counter actually hits since it's close range.

If you can counter every second then sure you will out damage vapor bullet spam.

So in an actual scenario, you are chasing a boss like a fool, waiting for an attack that you can counter and hopefully it hits and not leave you in a bad spot, rinse and repeat while I float above you spamming vapor bullets non stop and all my bullet hits because of lock on and lets me chase the boss due to vapor allowing you to position properly if needed.

Please enlight me again how would countering beat vapor bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by AirinMikune View Post

My counter damage can go up to 150k while my vapor bullets can hit 20k each x 4 so that is 80k

150k > 80k

Yeah you are correct.

But I can throw vapor bullets every second. How often can you counter again? Assuming the sword counter actually hits since it's close range.

If you can counter every second then sure you will out damage vapor bullet spam.

So in an actual scenario, you are chasing a boss like a fool, waiting for an attack that you can counter and hopefully it hits and not leave you in a bad spot, rinse and repeat while I float above you spamming vapor bullets non stop and all my bullet hits because of lock on and lets me chase the boss due to vapor allowing you to position properly if needed.

Y-you're aware that it's possible to attack while waiting for a chance to counter right...?

Quote Originally Posted by AirinMikune View Post

150k > 80k

Yeah you are correct.

you can attack between counters.................on anga for example you spam 1 rotation rising slash + normal3 between counters. it is not complicated.
    watch and learn
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Y-you're aware that it's possible to attack while waiting for a chance to counter right...?
    I lol'ed, thank you.

Regardless, the time you will be spending stopping your attack to anticipate the boss attack that you will need to counter assuming that the counter will hit the boss (countering a projectile for instance it not worth it unless you want the meter) vapor still wins as it is a non stop spam and it was already proven to be one of Hero's best DPS PA.

PP isn't even an issue as you can follow up a stage 1 charged sword weapon action for another good chunk of damage and one volley of regular aura bullets and your PP will be always full.

Didn't even bother watching the vid as it might one of those edge cases of a really hard core player doing 'perfect' runs which doesn't really apply to the majority of players.

You can uh, step cancel attacks. You don't need to stop attacking in order to dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    you can attack between counters.................on anga for example you spam 1 rotation rising slash + normal3 between counters. it is not complicated.
    watch and learn
    Spoiler!
    I take the occasion to say thanks for the very informative/useful videos you posted since a while now. Yours and some Sizustar (I think) posted showing the gauge filling efficiency between weapons and finisher damage differences .

On topic, I favor sword and talis and would have liked to find TMG more useful but the reload downtime is really annoying to me. Trying to use PA while doing quick reload to keep going without "big" interupt is pretty annoying and sometimes makes me miss some counters. Spamming brand new star ad nauseam is very boring too. So, TMG overall are meh imho.