Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New: Have Questions. 1 character all-classes?

As long as I buy new mags with AC, can I have just one character and play all available classes efficiently? Or is there something else I'm missing that won't allow it...

I have many, many questions, including crafting stuff that I can probably find on these forums. This is my first post

You will want additional skill trees to make it work but it can be done, especially if you put your time into researching the advantages and disadvantages of each class and their possible combinations. You're better off having a character for each ATK type though. Crafting items has fallen behind quite a bit, PA/Tech crafting is still useful since it makes a bunch of things better than uncrafted. Unit crafting isn't worthwhile right now.

If you are new, I suggest stick to one character first until you get a feel of the game.

The only difference with having multiple chars is the race stat bonus and possible tree/mag setup (something that can be fixed with AC)

I have one character myself with all class maxed leveled. Much easier to keep track of things.

Even if you want to concentrate on only one character, I would still recommend making all 3 free characters for the sake of having an extra 500 storage slots (50 inventory slots per character and 200 character storage slots per character), and being able to get extra reset passes when they are distributed.

Also you're missing out on a ton of free money by only having 1 char.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Even if you want to concentrate on only one character, I would still recommend making all 3 free characters for the sake of having an extra 500 storage slots (50 inventory slots per character and 200 character storage slots per character), and being able to get extra reset passes when they are distributed.
    Ah of course. I should have remembered about the storage. Will do!~

Crafting PA is worthwhile while units are not. Okay.

About the skill-trees, you're saying I would probably want more than the one-per class available as I would mags? I just hit the 40 cap, finishing the level-quest, PSO2es is awesome as well, using it to feed mags outside the game etc;

I don't see this game going anywhere anytime soon, thankfully. PSO2es makes me even more confident that I'm not too late to have fun on here. I have like over 3000 hours in PSO1BB etc, and have waited on an NA release for this since 2012 xD; Thanks for the tips btw

use the free slots and benefit from it, you can always work on one character all classes at some point but your better off doing this first then that. 3x weeklies, 3x dailies, more income etc can make one character Melee, Range and Tech specific if you wish

new Raid boss is this december so if you wanna run XH for the good drops and get those CF's done quicker, start grindin

There's nothing preventing you from playing all classes on one character effectively. My main has every class except for Ranger and Gunner maxed out at 80, with solid 13* gear. All you need in order to do this is a lot of time, meseta, and a little bit of luck (for those elusive 11*-12* unit drops). Buying AC for extra mags and skill trees also helps, and as everyone else has said, it's good to create additional characters to run daily orders, TACOs, bingo boards, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by xylomarim View Post
    As long as I buy new mags with AC, can I have just one character and play all available classes efficiently? Or is there something else I'm missing that won't allow it...

I have many, many questions, including crafting stuff that I can probably find on these forums. This is my first post
    If you willing to buy new mag you can just use one character to level up all of your class.
    And level up Hero class for the other two, mainly for TA-ing purpose and daily orders.

This is better especially if you want to cap all of your class to level 80 since it's kinda grindy to cap it, and with this you don't need to cap same class multiple time for each character (like leveling hunter sub for ranged chara).