Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Where did those ppl exist exactly, in this forum? In a particular private server forums? In a specific group/clan forum?

Because i can try and search for some of them by using the internet archive, the wayback machine, i can also check ragol.co.uk forums to see if they ever made an account there, it always worth the try to see if the registration email is still valid.
    Reddit can also be a good source for information, not many ppl post but there is a considerable ammount of ppl watching that subreddit

Quote Originally Posted by DC_PLAYER View Post
    Where did those ppl exist exactly, in this forum? In a particular private server forums? In a specific group/clan forum?

Because i can try and search for some of them by using the internet archive, the wayback machine, i can also check ragol.co.uk forums to see if they ever made an account there, it always worth the try to see if the registration email is still valid.
    Reddit can also be a good source for information, not many ppl post but there is a considerable ammount of ppl watching that subreddit
    The few that I am seeking whom I've lost contact with came from here. Sharkyland was really well known on the GC because he was one of the main Challenge mode players outside of Japan. Many people played Challenge and only Challenge, but I knew him better than any of the others that weren't playing out of Japan.

I'll have to think of others. Again, most of the ones I'm thinking about came from right here. For sure, some of them used to visit Ragol.uk.com, or whatever, as well, as you suggested. I've been to the Reddit group to look around for this project. I didn't realize it was heavily viewed, because the most recent messages there were a week or more old. I guess for a game as old as this one, though, that's impressive.

Thank you for your assistance in getting this viewed. I'm working on the script, and I'm liking some of the ideas that are going into it. I hope others will like it, too.

Speaking of that. I know I originally was asking after you as Kireek, rather than PC Player. Since I never played PSO on the PC, it's apparent I've missed ever experiencing a game with you. In this story, I have your character listed as somebody who goes out of his way to make a challenge for yourself. I'm basing that after your profile quote from PSO world: When Ultimate isn't ultimate enough, or something. It would probably be a good idea if I knew what type of character you used to play, as well as character name for identification purposes, as right now I only have you listed as PC Player. Also, did you have any catch phrases that you were accustomed to use all the time back then? It would be nice to throw those in for a few of the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    HI Adam.

Best of luck finding players and with your project, I always loved your videos back in the day! Sorry for being a dick sometimes too, kids eh?

If you happen to reach Zophar, please tell him I said hi.
    Zophar replied, again, and says hello. He even came to PSO world to check out this very thread. Perhaps he sent a word of memory back to you prior to my reply here. If he didn't, though, he wishes you well, and was even able to boot up his old Zophar character on the gamecube to check if it still existed.

I believe I saw, once upon a time, that you no longer owned a Gamecube, Blessed. As well known as your character was back then, I'm surprised you sold it. Well, maybe it broke. Nice to read that you watched the things I used to make for this. That is honestly kind of surprising.

I am happy to see, though, that you did end up finding a Sealed J Sword, and even unsealed it. Speaking of which....

Quote Originally Posted by Ade_Ephinea View Post
    Hello. I'm here.Thanks.
    Mikey, it has been years since I followed anything Phantasy Star related. I'm happy to read that you continued to enjoy your adventures after moving to Ephinea. I've read good things about that server, although I don't plan on ever setting foot there, myself.

While writing your character into the first scene of this story, I got to wondering something: Did you succeed in finding the cursed blade that kept you in the Towers? Nobody deserved that sword more than you did, on the Gamecube side of things. I don't know what the frenzy was like for it on Blue Burst, but on Gamecube, that thing should have been yours a dozen times over.

Indeed, I've already mentioned that in the script.

Understand, Mikey, I'm not making anything funny out of this aspect of your online history. I'm using the mentioning of it as a driving force for your character being the utmost legitimate member of the military. You and PC Player are going to make a great combination, and have already both appeared in a scene. The banter between the two of you will be great, and very humanizing.

Well, perhaps I've written too much, already.
    Last edited by trypticon; Jan 15, 2018 at 01:19 AM.

Even though I won't be a part of this (though I would like to); I am interested to see this come to fruition on this site in some form.

I did play PSO BB, but it was mainly for screenshots and socializing, I also played v2 on PC and did a few games but it was more on the fun side of things, far from the hardcore joystick movements that i had on DC and that was the platform i reached lvl 200, i also end up realizing that even without rushing (i did vhard as well as ultimate equally after lvl 190) i ended up reaching lvl 200 sooner than many other players, so my gameplay was kinda efficient compared to others who reached lvl 200 or were near that point.

All the info you need is in my signature, a HUmar named HUGO and that pretty much all i did, i actually tought of quiting the game after reaching the end of the 1st difficulty because only then i understood that i was at 25% completion rate, at the time that hit me hard, but then i kept going and going.
    The game had an appeal.

I didn't have any catch phrases.

Excuse me, I seem to have either fallen into a time warp or there's some real blasts from the past all showing up in this thread, it's surreal.

Always was intrigued by your video projects, they were like pioneers of machinima before that was even a thing.
    PSO2 - Ian: Level 90/90 Human Bouncer/Hunter

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

I hope somewhere in your project you include some throwback spam, like ye old "GET WITH SSJ"
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Quote Originally Posted by ZER0 DX View Post
    Excuse me, I seem to have either fallen into a time warp or there's some real blasts from the past all showing up in this thread, it's surreal.

Always was intrigued by your video projects, they were like pioneers of machinima before that was even a thing.
    Don't act as though you weren't in Episode 13, voicing your own character Zero DX. I mean, about nobody got the chance to provide voice over for their own characters in that series of films. YOu were it. Mary Vang did some voice work for that episode, too, but I'm fairly sure that wasn't her character she was providing voice for.

Speaking of which, Zero DX did survive episode 13. I wonder if he'll be seen in this new venture.

Seriously, has anybody seen Sharkyland? Tycho, too, would be good to see, again, in this thread.

It's been a fairly busy week at work and home. I did some further research into some things about Ragol today, again. It wasn't anything new to look at, but was a nice refresher course. I even listened, while working, to some of the old episodes I'd made ten or more years ago. I kind of regretted doing so, since there was some absolute crap in those scripts, but it was young me making them, so what do I expect?

In any case, work continues on this scripting process. I'm really hoping to see some other older players in this thread, in time. BonusKun would be good, since I have plans for his character SNK for a small portion of story.

Tycho,

Dark Shadow,
    Lightning,
    Tyrant Flame,
    Android 21,
    DJR,
    Saiffwin
    Cypher,
    AIM,
    James,
    Rob,
    Kayak,
    Last edited by trypticon; Sep 19, 2018 at 09:08 PM.

Hey, thanks for pinging me on Facebook.
    Can't believe most of this was half a life-time ago for me.
    Hope you can still find the others!

Kayak? Cranberry?
    Those might be around L33tserv server forums: http://l33tserv.forum-nation.com/

Update:

Over the last several days, I've been in contact with a few of the players from long ago that I was looking for. Tyrant Flame, Alaina, Tycho, Android 21, Rob, and James have all sent replies to my plea for attention.

My plea. Yes, it is one, I must admit.

The script has gone moved forward, creating more rough ideas for scenes that I'd like to put together, and even including some extra older player characters than I'd originally planned on. There were so many noteworthy personalities from the earlier days of PSO. I'd really find it a shame to waste any that stick out, in my mind. Though I usually holed myself up in a not very populated ship, and in an even less populated block and lobby of said ship, I still heard about a number of players frequently, and those characters were well known among the others..

So,the medium to tell the story, at this point, is still up in the air. The goal is to have it filmed, although there's no way the film is going to simply be recorded from game play. The story I'd like to flesh out is simply larger than what the game offers for visuals, so I'm going to have to go with something else. Animation would be cool, and possibly time consuming/resource consuming, but it could do the project justice.

Voices? There will be many, and I'll be reaching out, over time, to the players of the characters I'd like to use in order to ask if they would like an opportunity to voice what is essentially based off of their old creation. I'm going to be honest that, while this is going to be a plot driven storyline, I'd really like it to be sort of like a multiplayer game of PSO, as much as can be. If somebody has the equipment to record their character lines, after some coaching, I'd be all for having them voice themselves.