Page 1 of 22 123411 ... LastLast

Default Crimson Castle Crusher (impressions)

what did you guys think of it? very basic straightforward, they could have done a whole lot more with this but i didnt find it amazing really. 7/10.maybe a few more runs of this will change my mind.

my only thoughts:

proper sword and shield class when

Long fight was long, people die when they compete for swords, boss gets kinda obnoxious towards the end. At least he isn't spamming stun like no tomorrow so that's good. Only 1 clear allowed, I need more runs to understand how to get better.

The boss fights back, which is a good thing, now if it could mpa wipe it would be amazing...

It's kinda... heavily reliant on the Laconium Sword? You're basically doing nothing if you don't have a Laconium Sword until a weak point opens. Not that that's that bad, since the Sword is pretty fun to mess around with, but anyone who doesn't have it spends the fight just doing chip damage and waiting for the people with the Swords to do their thing.

The finale where everyone gets Swords is pretty nifty, though.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Only done the first one but one thing I love most about the new raid is that there aren't any awkward loading screen transitions like EP4's raids.

Boss is ridiculously tanky and its aggression and attacks remind me a lot of Falke Leone and Vlima Leopard which made for a surprisingly challenging fight. Unless I was doing something wrong, I do find that the fight drags on a little too long. The blue weakspots took a while to spawn.

It's a decent boss. I feel that he's too passive at the phase before turrets and his flashiest attacks aren't threatening at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    It's kinda... heavily reliant on the Laconium Sword? You're basically doing nothing if you don't have a Laconium Sword until a weak point opens. Not that that's that bad, since the Sword is pretty fun to mess around with, but anyone who doesn't have it spends the fight just doing chip damage and waiting for the people with the Swords to do their thing.

The finale where everyone gets Swords is pretty nifty, though.
    The breakables take reduced damage from everything. Alisa's sword just lets you hound the weak points much easier.

Hr pew pew palm blast is very serviceable.

In a way, it's like Alisa's sword is there for the crazy people that aren't playing Hr...

The charge PA on Alisa's sword is actually needed to break the weakpoints open. Fully charge the sword PA, smack a glowing weakpoint and instantly break it open so everyone else can start doing damage.

Short version is if you get 3 people on a sword that have no clue what they are doing, you're going to have a very long fight.
    Last edited by Vatallus; Dec 20, 2017 at 06:42 AM.