Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Hm, so maybe I'll be unrealistic then and have it follow the head, and show movement. Then just edit if it looks off. Though, my falling hair still looks pretty bad, so maybe I should be a bit careful.
    I'm not sure what you mean by lagging behind one or two frames. Do you mean, have it be where it should be a frame ago?

I just did some poses with my sticks. It looks like having the arm be one frame behind the body does look kinda great. I think that's what you were saying. I'll try that out and see what happens.

I added the extra frame, keeping the hand behind for one frame for a little delay. It looks more animated now.

From stand:

Combo:

compared to this:

So, I'm posting these onto facebook. I used to be able to post it in a way that everyone saw a png as a preview, and then the animation after clicking it. Now the preview is broken.
    Pretty frustrating. I know nobody will care unless they can see the preview.
    Last edited by Zorafim; Feb 22, 2018 at 06:46 PM.

Hair!

And...done?

Last edited by Zorafim; Feb 22, 2018 at 09:50 PM.

Looking good! A lot more fluid that the earlier versions. I like the way the sword slashes through the air, especially on the bottom one. Although, are the ankles supposed to blink blue and white like that? It looks a little off somehow, but maybe that's intentional.

Sig art by Aussei ^_^

Nope. That's me messing up the pixels. I spotted and fixed it after I posted, but, updating it would mean creating a new gif, and uploading it, and it's such a hassle.
    I suppose it's worth it. I need honest, accurate feedback to make sure I get these animations as good as possible. On my way...

...there. Did that get it?
    Last edited by Zorafim; Feb 22, 2018 at 09:50 PM.

What the heck. We both posted at the same time in each other's threads. Then, nine minutes later, we both posted our replies in our own threads. We are totally in sync tonight!

Okay, I guess you were one step ahead of me. I just wanted to point it out, since sometimes we can overlook minor details like that.

Edit: Yeah, I think that fixed it.

Sig art by Aussei ^_^

Yeah, I need a second pair of eyes like that. I appreciate it. If there's anything small or weird like that you notice, please point it out.

Just logging my thoughts for the day.

I worked on some more programming today. I had a bug with detecting whether I was standing or falling. Basically, I started falling infinitely if I stopped touching a wall while touching the ground. Fixing that made it so I couldn't jump. Now in order for my script to be confident that I actually want to jump, I have to check to make sure I'm going away from the ground and not towards it.
    Took me several hours of rabid googling, but there we have it.

I also have the beginnings of wall running working. That's exciting.

The new attack animations are looking good! What’s up next? Still gonna work on movement programming, or are you gonna start with level logic? It’s a good idea to quickly start with building a start and goal function for levels (or quests) so you have a way to ‘win’. That way you will actually start having a game instead of just a tech demo. For me that helped for motivation.