Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44
  1. #1
    PSO Assassin MasterGunz2345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    A Little Town Called None Of Your Damn Business
    Posts
    183

    Default Thoughts on new Menacing Castle Limited Quest?

    Already I miss the Enchanted Forest/Beckoning Woods LQ lol this new LQ is meh to me since it feels like Buster Quests just shortened/butchered due to no towers to defend, can be completed within five minutes or more, less enemies compared to Enchanted Forests, no alternate routes leading to either gold tagami or joker, etc. The only purpose I see in doing this LQ is for the 12* arm unit but other than that, I really wish they kept the Enchanted Forest LQ. Least we got triggers for them but still, I hate this new LQ feels lackluster compared to Enchanted Forest. What are your thoughts on this new LQ though?
    Last edited by MasterGunz2345; Feb 8, 2018 at 01:14 AM.
    xZShootZx
    Ship 2

  2. #2

    Default

    I hate it, it's so easy to do, not as fun as the Beckoning Woods.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

    Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. \_(ツ)_/

  3. #3
    PSO Assassin MasterGunz2345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    A Little Town Called None Of Your Damn Business
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius-91 View Post
    I hate it, it's so easy to do, not as fun as the Beckoning Woods.
    My thoughts exactly. Really missing the beautiful scenery of the Enchanted Forest on top of the PSO jungle music they used D:
    xZShootZx
    Ship 2

  4. #4
    PSO2 Trope Curator Altiea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Jet Boots World
    Posts
    3,361

    Default

    It's fast Badge grinding. 20 Badges per run on XH, but significantly faster due to the straightforwardness of the Quest. Beckoning Woods is much better aesthetically, creatively, and loot-wise, but Castle is awesome for fast Badges.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    It's fast Badge grinding. 20 Badges per run on XH, but significantly faster due to the straightforwardness of the Quest. Beckoning Woods is much better aesthetically, creatively, and loot-wise, but Castle is awesome for fast Badges.
    I agree with this, this is better for badges and Val weapons drop here too. As for exp, BW was better as far as I can tell.
    Too bad MC doesn't count as a buster quest.

  6. #6

    Default

    BQ was already a mess from the start, an LQ that's based on it isn't gonna make it better aesthetically or gameplay wise.
    test

  7. #7
    Hardcore Casual Dark Mits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Ship 02, B-005
    Posts
    1,132

    Default

    To chime in, there is also no sense of exploring or dungeon-crawling, like there was with Enchanted Forest. It feels like that Kuron time attack: typical arcade "put together in a hurry" quest to satisfy players who want rewards and do not care about gameplay.

    Surprisingly, I have seen more people die than what I used to see in Enchanted Forest. Maybe because of the general gung-ho mentality.

    -=EDIT=-
    Now if they put more walls to create a mazelike layout that required 15-20mins to reach Ghasud, that would make it more interesting.
    Last edited by Dark Mits; Feb 8, 2018 at 04:12 AM.

  8. #8
    PSO2 Trope Curator Altiea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Jet Boots World
    Posts
    3,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    To chime in, there is also no sense of exploring or dungeon-crawling, like there was with Enchanted Forest. It feels like that Kuron time attack: typical arcade "put together in a hurry" quest to satisfy players who want rewards and do not care about gameplay.

    Surprisingly, I have seen more people die than what I used to see in Enchanted Forest. Maybe because of the general gung-ho mentality.

    -=EDIT=-
    Now if they put more walls to create a mazelike layout that required 15-20mins to reach Ghasud, that would make it more interesting.
    Interesting, sure, but it wouldn't be more fun to play, necessarily. Not to mention it'd make it far worse for Badge grinding assuming the same rates.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

  9. #9
    Hardcore Casual Dark Mits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Ship 02, B-005
    Posts
    1,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Interesting, sure, but it wouldn't be more fun to play, necessarily. Not to mention it'd make it far worse for Badge grinding assuming the same rates.
    Rewards can always be adjusted for a quest's duration/difficulty. A 5min quest that gives 20 badges is nearly the same as a 20min quest that gives 80. The main difference being that if you have to leave during a quest, the "cost" is greater for the longer quest, as well as the fact that it is more likely to have "thinner" groups for longer quests.

    -=EDIT=-
    Let's not forget that reward is the main drive behind player activity in online games. It's the reason why people cared to do Elder+Loser with 500% extra hp, which led to some runs exceeding 30mins.
    Last edited by Dark Mits; Feb 8, 2018 at 04:39 AM.

  10. #10
    PSO2 Trope Curator Altiea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Jet Boots World
    Posts
    3,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Rewards can always be adjusted for a quest's duration/difficulty. A 5min quest that gives 20 badges is nearly the same as a 20min quest that gives 80. The main difference being that if you have to leave during a quest, the "cost" is greater for the longer quest, as well as the fact that it is more likely to have "thinner" groups for longer quests.

    -=EDIT=-
    Let's not forget that reward is the main drive behind player activity in online games. It's the reason why people cared to do Elder+Loser with 500% extra hp, which led to some runs exceeding 30mins.
    Runs exceeding 30 minutes are straight up bad runs, but I get your point. Part of the incentive of running Elder + Loser was also because them not dying in 5 minutes also made them far more fun to fight, so it wasn't totally reward based, although rewards were a large part of it.

    The reason I made the badge argument is because Beckoning Woods gives the exact same Badge rate for a Quest that's at least 50% longer than Castle, which makes Castle just straight up better for Badges.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Similar Threads

  1. New Limited Quest game crash
    By Zulastar in forum Tech Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jan 11, 2017, 03:58 PM
  2. Forsaken Aquatics (New Limited Quest) Discussion
    By Arksenth in forum PSO2 General
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: Jan 22, 2014, 11:37 PM
  3. New Limited Quest? Event?
    By Not Crazed in forum PSO2 General
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Jun 13, 2013, 10:42 AM
  4. NEW Content + more extreme quest info.
    By DoubleCannon in forum PSO2 General
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: Apr 29, 2013, 11:11 AM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: Mar 3, 2004, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •