Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwalker View Post
    I haven't been able to get this to work in my DS4Windows (specifically, it works in Windows, but PSO2 doesn't recognize those inputs); did you have to do anything special to make that work, or is something broken on my side?
    Try Steam's mapping software -- you can launch the Tweaker from it, if that's a concern for you, and still have PSO2 accept inputs from Steam's software. Alternatively, you can use Xpadder.

I use both at once, incidentally, in a horrifying chimera of inputs.

It's not creative, per se, but I use an Xbox One controller with a wireless adapter and one of those chat pads that plugs into the bottom. Works seamlessly, and allows me to be as lazy as possible.

Do you not have lock-on mapped at all, or am I just blind and not seeing it? It'd be kinda hard to play some classes without that (notably fighter with Twin Daggers, since TD Air Chase only works if you are locked on).
    Not really something useful for a Fo/Te since techs auto aim and while I play as every other class, it's mostly to level cap by doing featured and bonus quests.

Since I use DS4Windows with a SCUF Impact (the paddles are handy for TPS mode, oh, yes), I'm interested in your shift key usage and may have to try that myself, though I'd probably set it up a little differently. Currently I have to take my hand off the controller to switch weapons and I'd rather not do that. Also, I presume you are mapping to keyboard keys in order to make the chat shortcuts work.. I haven't been able to get this to work in my DS4Windows (specifically, it works in Windows, but PSO2 doesn't recognize those inputs); did you have to do anything special to make that work, or is something broken on my side?
    Well you will need to get your hand off the left analog stick for a second in order to use my weapon swapping method, but it beats the hell out of the official method which is the use the D-Pad Up & Down. As for how I get to use these, well you need to configure something in both PSO2 and DS4Windows.

For PSO2:
    Take a look at this image:

These are my Fo/Te chat shortcut commands. Each shortcut will load the same weapon that's there 6 times on my main palette but with different techs, 6 slots, 6 elements. Using the command /mainpalette [number] will switch the weapon on your main palette and adding the command /subpalette [number] will make sure that you are using the proper sub-palette. Now you need to tell the game's option to use the the chat shortcuts for whatever you wish to use them with (I use the keyboard's top numbers).

For DS4Windows:
    Take a look at these images:

Under Profile, go to Special Actions and click on New Action. Now in my configuration, I checked L1 and Left (D-Pad). The button that says D1 is the keyboard key that I'm using for my weapon 1 chat command which is Key Number 1 in PSO2, clicking on this button will prompt an on-screen keyboard to select any key you want.

Rinse and repeat for the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrochemist View Post
    This thread is actually really helpful and interesting!
    I'm a controller user but I have trouble adjusting to 3-button, I have tried many a time over the years but there just doesn't seem to be enough buttons to cater it effectively.
    So at the moment I'm stuck to 2-button which can be very limiting depending on the class. (for some classes it's not so bad but for a partisan hunter or anything that requires specific combos it's tough)

I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread, I reckon it will open my mind to some other options and workarounds.
    I've been playing like this for a month now after playing a totally different way for years using the 2 button config. Once you find the perfect controller and perfect way to play, you'll get use to it in no time.

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

I just use Keyboard/Mouse.

Using a regular Xbox 360/Xbox One controller

Almost default controls, except the weapon pallette which is mapped to D-pad, Start and Select buttons via X-Padder for on-the-fly switching

I also have my keyboard right in front of me, ready to press 1 to 0, or F1 to F10, depending on the sub-pallette, tech/skill, or skill rings that I need
    (sub-pallette stuff that requires targeting, such as Compound Techs, etc. are manually selected and activated via controller tho)

So yeah, I use both controller and keyboard at the same time.

Technically, so does everyone else in this topic.

They just do it better.

PS4 with ScpServer works just fine.. (w/ Zadig driver thing)
    Last edited by NightlightPro; Mar 16, 2018 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Not really something useful for a Fo/Te since techs auto aim and while I play as every other class, it's mostly to level cap by doing featured and bonus quests.
    Wow, we must play FO/TE very differently.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Wow, we must play FO/TE very differently.
    Why, you disable auto-aim or something?

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Why, you disable auto-aim or something?
    I lock on weak points, unless they are very far away, then aim in TPS.