Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

I had a good laugh when I saw this Hr strat for Floor 2:

Edit: I was referring to 1:19. Embedding won't let me link to a specific time?
    Last edited by Loveless62; Mar 24, 2018 at 07:13 AM.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless62 View Post
    ~snip
    I wish I have numbers nearly close to these in this video. We're definitely playing different games with them, who have these. Uncharged sword weapon action 5.500+ versius mine 3.300 and sword counters 120.000+ while mine only 75.000...

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Just tried it 10 times, just can't get past the first stage. Yggdrasil has way too much HP and outlast my reflexes, keep getting 1 hit killed. Even if I could survive, the next stage would be too hard because I would have failed the stage order. And if by some miracle I would make it to stage 3, Phaleg would kick my ass like she keep doing when I tried to challenge her in EP4. Maybe if this was 20 years ago and I still had the sort of reflexes that allowed me to finish cruel and cheap games, but not today when I'm getting close to my 40'
    Haha I know what you feel. What you said and add on top an unreliable interwebz and errr did 2 tries and said fuck it...for now (2nd trie: not even finished to spawn in 1st stage, got hit before to have any chance to move. Salt was strong >:v ). Not in the mood for those bullshit, like NOT AT ALL
    Still waiting for FF revamps but making those 5 stages of XQ bs require definetely less efforts

The first stage is a sheer cliff to climb in terms of difficulty. It becomes pretty easy once you get to know it, but before that it's suffering.

Personally, I think the new requirements are worse than the previous ones. Sure, solo XQ 1-5 is trivial nowadays and doesn't gate off anyone. But the new requirements don't gate off bad players either - they gate off players who aren't good enough to do the solo version, but don't have ingame friends for the party version. Leeches tend to know people who will gladly carry them either way.

Fast clear times are done with characters with ridiculous whale-tier affixes and, of course, premium drinks. If you see someone hit 50% harder than you, of course they will have a faster clear. Still, an S rank is totally doable with reasonable affixes, I was under 12 mins myself with only 85 atk units.

Won't the gate for expert be the solo xq? or will it be the 4-man quest?

I liked this XQ better than the old ones because it feels like a better trial. Enemies arent even the hardest combinations you can face and they arent even damage buffed(sans 1 on 1 bosses), but because they actually have some durability, you cant just burst them asap while ignoring their mechanics. Only thing I didnt enjoy was the electric floor for Faleg but thats because I dont know how to fight her properly. Omega Hunar party version having the floor though seems fine, since you arent supposed to do that alone anyway.

I hate to sound like an annoying broken record but honestly I feel it's more to do with practice and muscle memory than literally anything else.
    I think affixes have less to do with how well you do than people think. Sure, through brute force you can do things quicker but even then you need a certain sense of the boss' structure and their attacks.

My first time with Phaleg was absolute rage inducing hell, but the more and more I pushed myself to learn her the easier it got.
    Imagine if I didn't try to learn, and just tried to brute force it with whale-affixes, it just wouldn't work, she would kill me in seconds.

Solo Deus is relatively unforgiving now, but keep trying, and it will become something you can clear without too much stress, regardless of your affixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrochemist View Post
    Imagine if I didn't try to learn
    We all need to start from somewhere
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Electrochemist View Post
    My first time with Phaleg was absolute rage inducing hell, but the more and more I pushed myself to learn her the easier it got.
    Imagine if I didn't try to learn, and just tried to brute force it with whale-affixes, it just wouldn't work, she would kill me in seconds.
    I could brute force myself to part2 with Chainsawd+Guilty Break and budget affixes, cleared it later with Gix Sword+Guard Stance Hu/Su.

Quote Originally Posted by ralf542 View Post
    I could brute force myself to part2 with Chainsawd+Guilty Break and budget affixes, cleared it later with Gix Sword+Guard Stance Hu/Su.
    It's obviously possible as you've outlined, and clever but you still have to have some further-than-base-level knowledge of the game to do that.

Would you/have you applied that same method to the entirety of the Solo XQ and passed first time?