Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default My return to PSO!

Firstly let me say hello to everyone and thanks for having me.

This topic will cover a variety of things so i thought best to place it here as i have a few questions, but first some details.

I started back just before Xmas on the Dolphin Emulator after playing PSO2 for about 4months please find attached two screenshots of my Character i'm using as my main at this time, one is for my Mag and the other is my Equipment.

GPOE8P-10.jpg

GPOE8P-11.jpg

Now i first started with a Purplenum Section ID, didn't like it and after doing some research tried Skyly as i wanted to get Diwari as my Mag but i also created a Greenill Ranger for that as well, but ended up staying on Greenill as i found better stuff dropping, much more Red items dropping.

Now my Mag is almost done and it has perfect stats for my Class and i am very happy with it, but now i'm beginning to think about trying Redria again as i played Redria years ago on my Gamecube version and on Blue Burst and i remember finding much more Grinders and Add Slots, as i have not found 1 single Add Slot whilst on Greenill....

I think my gear is pretty good, and i have been fairly lucky with what i've found, the thing is though, i do kinda want to try a Force as i've never played one, always been a Racaseal so i can see traps

But now i have a good base character that has lots of +Mind Materials and Club of Laconia and some other bits that would give me a good start to make a really good Force character, just wondering if i should go Redria with it in order to find more items that i want like the Add Slots, as i chose Greenill for my Ranger solely based on the Rifle ++ drop rate.

So basically just looking for advice, have i just been unlucky and Add Slots are just very very rare and random? Because i don't remember them being "that" rare, as i've normally found one or two by now atleast. And i'm now on Very Hard on this Greenill and not found one.

Any advice appreciated guys, thanks for reading

Fox

P.S. I do understand i can probably find this information by doing more research, but as much research as i can do, it will not compare to actual experience from people currently playing.

Think i'll try a Redria Force, but i think i need to check the Force Rare Mag as i'm assuming it'll need two different Section ID's also, grrrrr haha.

Red is ok (as almost any other ID) since you can find all the ''Increases the power of F, B or Z'' canes and rods, except Sorcerer's Right Arm.
    Also all the Amplifier Combinations parts can be found on all IDs, plus the exclusive God/Battle red ID drop.

Ps.
    Add slot are quite sparse, don't use them on transit armor.

Rapid99
    |  |
    |  |∧_∧
    |_|´・ω・`) そ~~・・・
    |塩|o旦 o
    | ̄|―u'
    """"""""""

Well i had quite a lucky day yesterday, i ended up finding a TP/Restorate and a TP/Generate and a General/TP hahaha

I also found out that for my Rare Mag i only need Redria, so it's like it was meant to be

But i do also know that when i do find Add Slots i need to save them for Rare Armor at least don't worry.

ox

Quick update and additional Question :

Force is quite fun, tho i'm trying to work out which spells to use where etc and the Mag is going to take ages to level but hey ho!

One thing i wondered, is the General/Battle attachment thing on my Ranger worth anything to my Force? Will it speed up the pause after casting/casting speed or something? Or would it just improve Melee attack speed?

Thanks

Fox

Enemy Technique Weaknesses EP1 and EP2.
    The Battle units only speed up the slapping, not the casting.

Rapid99
    |  |
    |  |∧_∧
    |_|´・ω・`) そ~~・・・
    |塩|o旦 o
    | ̄|―u'
    """"""""""

So on my Force i just focus on TP Regen and MST Boost attachments or Resist ones for Bosses if need them.

It is crazy how quickly i can clear an entire room in the Caves (that's where i got to so far as i've been learning and trying to level).

I've mainly been using the circle Fire move (sorry i'm bad at remembering names for stuff) as it murders most things, i know one thing, it's nice to be able to properly damage those dumb monsters that jump out the ground in Caves, as Ranger i couldn't hurt them unless they split, well unless i spam my Explosive Traps, but i can do a tonne of damage to them before they split ha ha.

As for drops, i've noticed that Redria seems poor for the Blue ??? weapons, in Cave normal on my Ranger (Greenill) i normally find a fair few of them to sell etc, but on my Force i've found one, in countless farm runs of Forest and Caves, but on the flip side i have found about 4 Digrinders and 5 Monogrinders, and on my Ranger i didn't start finding them until Hard-Very Hard lol but again the flip to that, i don't think they make a difference to Force weapons do they? As it's only a Wand that i found that seems to boost my Force stats? Maybe i'm wrong here?

Fox

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxUK View Post
    So on my Force i just focus on TP Regen and MST Boost attachments or Resist ones for Bosses if need them.
    More or less yes, maybe some HP unit(s) if you struggle with a boss(1 hit critical kill), the cure units are more essential on ULT.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxUK View Post
    As for drops, i've noticed that Redria seems poor for the Blue ??? weapons, in Cave normal on my Ranger (Greenill) i normally find a fair few of them to sell etc, but on my Force i've found one, in countless farm runs of Forest and Caves, but on the flip side i have found about 4 Digrinders and 5 Monogrinders, and on my Ranger i didn't start finding them until Hard-Very Hard lol but again the flip to that, i don't think they make a difference to Force weapons do they? As it's only a Wand that i found that seems to boost my Force stats? Maybe i'm wrong here?
    The drops are random, sometimes you are lucky sometimes you are not, grinders do nothing on force weapons, except if you want to poke monsters with your rod/cane.

Rapid99
    |  |
    |  |∧_∧
    |_|´・ω・`) そ~~・・・
    |塩|o旦 o
    | ̄|―u'
    """"""""""

Green drops lots of red boxes. Almost all of them are going to be Justy 23ST. Green does find add slots in Normal fairly regularly.

I would personally never go with a FORCE since TP materials are so hard to come by on Gamecube. You can find them, in one quest. online, if you do the quest right. Todays' Rate was a quest that ran way too long, with lots of back and forth movement in order to change character size, and the traps at the last door were BS, to put it mildly.

Redria does find some good stuff, I agree. There are a few good drops on Greenill, but the good the really good ones have some astronomical drop rates.

Have you tried connecting to a server with Dolphin?
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.