Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    What are you even talking about. Of course it can be a selling point, and every class should be exclusive on their own, and that's also pretty much what SEGA is aware of and currently about to enhance. I'm sure that's pretty much a lot of people talking about here except the question of this thread itself about the DPS.
    if smoothness and mobility is a selling point for a class in an action oriented mmorpg, then that's not good lol. that should be a standard because again, it implies the other classes either have one or the other, or neither. also making all classes smooth and mobile doesn't make the other classes less unique unless you consider stiff/slow attributes to seriously consider as a class bullet point. which i dont, and nor should anyone else imo.

i can't ever remember a game using those 2 things as a selling point for a class rather the whole game itself.

This slightly depends on what we call mobility. I'd support the idea of a class that has limited mobility capabilities, but is relatively more effective than other classes in low-movement combat (like in a small arena).

Mobility is an issue in PSO2 because in a 12man mpa:
    - Non-boss enemies die in a matter 1-2 seconds at most.
    - Players do not have to "cool down" after a fight to be ready for the next.
    - Enemies either do not drop anything (further reducing the need to "stay back" to collect spoils), or if they drop it is of negligible importance (50 meseta? a 6* weapon?)

This causes non-boss EQs to be rush-fests to the end. The more mobile you are, the faster you can get to the next run. The only exceptions are Tower Defense and Buster Quest, where immediate access to an enemy's location is important for better results (or even success).

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    if smoothness and mobility is a selling point for a class in an action oriented mmorpg, then that's not good lol. that should be a standard because again, it implies the other classes either have one or the other, or neither. also making all classes smooth and mobile doesn't make the other classes less unique unless you consider stiff/slow attributes to seriously consider as a class bullet point. which i dont, and nor should anyone else imo.

i can't ever remember a game using those 2 things as a selling point for a class rather the whole game itself.
    you are trying to generalize things and of course it will make them less unique. It's a fact not opinion. Lol.

To continue what Dark Mits pointed out. There are also Tri-boosts on a timer. people simply want to finish quests asap to not waste any of their buffs. Designing a Boss to not be an rushfest will just make people disappointed because everyone is on the clock.

Just make every other classes that is not hero to be less stiff by making their weapon action/attack faster, make it's hitstop shorter and make animation faster/more brief. Bam, welcome to Gotta Terribly Fast Online 2.

If they gonna make older class to be more "specialized", i think they should make strong point of the class to be more well-pronounced. The recent player survey slightly shed some light into this issue, however some stuff still need to be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Ever since I came back to this game, it's been Hero this and Hero that, overpowered this, overpowered that. As someone who's capped that class to level 80, I can agree, playing with this class was a walk in the park, but just how much more powerful is it compared to the average main + sub class? Couple of updates ago, we got a 5% boost skill for every normal class, so that's a 10% combined, do you feel that this made it more fair? If not, how much more of a boost in terms of percentage damage to you think that regular classes should get?
    Hero considered as "OP" because they're just good in about everything for your basic needs for EQ or just questing in general. By i mean "basic needs" of course, i'm not talking about damage but rather various utility & mobility to support yourself for whatever you want to do.
    Having decent damage multipliers alone doesn't always make you strong, especially in action game like this.

Older classes can be as strong, but they require real effort to do so and who would want to do that if they can do as much with less effort involved.
    Last edited by wefwq; May 25, 2018 at 07:20 AM.

You have demonia saber, your hero life is a bit easier now.
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

On the topic of how hero feels to play. I agree that all the classes should feel as good, but they don't all need to be the same about it. It's something I've wanted for a while, even before hero, and I think they've done a lot to push the other classes into a better place in terms of feel without making them all play the same.

My biggest complaint of other classes is actually that there are too many PAs. You end up with a situation where a bunch of PAs are either not used, or you have to constantly switch weapon palettes to use them all. I know people want more, and it's fun getting them, but I feel like JB Bo, and Hr hit the right spot with having just enough PAs, while also making them multipurpose, instead of stuff like backhand smash that only does the one thing.
    Hr is the only class that has a good use case for all of its PAs.

Don't get me started on Techs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    My biggest complaint of other classes is actually that there are too many PAs. You end up with a situation where a bunch of PAs are either not used, or you have to constantly switch weapon palettes to use them all. I know people want more, and it's fun getting them, but I feel like JB Bo, and Hr hit the right spot with having just enough PAs, while also making them multipurpose, instead of stuff like backhand smash that only does the one thing.
    This is another good point. Starting as Fo, I really hated moving to other classes that didn't let me put attacks on the subpalette. It's hard to arrange all the PA's/techs that you'd want into one spot. It's not a problem with the number of PA's so much as it is a problem with controls, at least for me. Switching weapons and especially subpalettes feels really clunky. Sometimes I wonder how the game would play if it didn't have multiple weapon slots and instead of letting you switch weapons gave you more room to map buttons to attacks. A third weapon palette might help too, it's so much faster than trying to weapon swap.

Quote Originally Posted by wefwq View Post
    Just make every other classes that is not hero to be less stiff by making their weapon action/attack faster, make it's hitstop shorter and make animation faster/more brief. Bam, welcome to Gotta Terribly Fast Online 2.

If they gonna make older class to be more "specialized", i think they should make strong point of the class to be more well-pronounced. The recent player survey slightly shed some light into this issue, however some stuff still need to be addressed.

Hero considered as "OP" because they're just good in about everything for your basic needs for EQ or just questing in general. By i mean "basic needs" of course, i'm not talking about damage but rather various utility & mobility to support yourself for whatever you want to do.
    Having decent damage multipliers alone doesn't always make you strong, especially in action game like this.

Older classes can be as strong, but they require real effort to do so and who would want to do that if they can do as much with less effort involved.
    What? If anything hero takes MORE effort to keep up its maximum DPS than any other class. You can very easily out-damage a mediocre hero who gets hit every now and then with mediocre play of a bunch of the old classes.

Imagine Techs would have different effects based on whenever your charge them up or not. Like uncharged it's a regular zonde but charging it up would give Zonde Typ0. Normal Tech Advance would finally see some use (although judging by newest Compounds in might already be an investment worth considering).