Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    and I completely agree. It's just not worth going fo these 200 Attack affixes nowadays
    I only half agree, Units price go exponentially higher as you go for higher atk, so 100 units have an incredibly better cost-to-efficiency ratio. However, while a 300 ATK difference might not matter in most mpa content, any "challenge" you might want to tackle make those 300 gold. It can be the difference between meeting a gate requirement or not on stuff like solo Mother and translate into several minutes extra on your run. Not even mentioning Endless here because it's about milking every possible second you can with proper skill, strategy (RNGEEEE), and yes stats So I'd just correct that statement to "it doesn't matter for most things you do"
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Aug 25, 2018 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    I only half agree, Units price go exponentially higher as you go for higher atk, so 100 units have an incredibly better cost-to-efficiency ratio. However, while a 300 ATK difference might not matter in most mpa content, any "challenge" you might want to tackle make those 300 gold. It can be the difference between meeting a gate requirement or not on stuff like solo Mother and translate into several minutes extra on your run. Not even mentioning Endless here because it's about milking every possible second you can with proper skill, strategy (RNGEEEE), and yes stats So I'd just correct that statement to "it doesn't matter for most things you do"
    Which I don't disagree with. I just don't see myself nor a large portion of the player base interested in these challenges yet I see way to many people pushing the Idea that having high ATK from units is hyper important when a nice low budget 6s Unit gets you by just fine, especially on non-primary characters / Taco Slaves.
    Last edited by XrosBlader821; Aug 25, 2018 at 07:53 AM.

i feel bad for those butchered graces
    rest in peace my sweethearts
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Thing about attack is, there is a point of diminishing returns for it. It was explained to me that when you're in the 3000s range, every +30 is worth it, since you're increasing your attack by 1% of your maximum, but once you hit 4K, it becomes +40 and so on. You need to have a balance of pushing attack and survival stats (HP specifically). My FO units are 170 T-Atk/95 HP/9 PP and at my range of T-Atk, I'd have to invest a significant amount of money to actually get a measurable damage increase and I might have to sacrifice stats to do so and I don't really think that's worth it.

Again, in EP5, you need damage, survival and utility. You can run a glass cannon build if you want, but don't be surprised when you're constantly on the floor and people get tired of tossing Moons at you. Even the best players of the game that you see clearing solo Endless have stats/rings build for both offense, survival and utility so there is reason to not aim for the same.

As was said a few pages back, you don't even need to have insane units to hit this. Doing something like Ares/Stat3/Stam3/Omega Reverie/Arks Fever/Booster on a 12* unit is perfectly acceptable and will give you a good range of attack and HP/PP.

I am curious about how element works. From what I understood in the damage formula, the 60% element portion is added to your total ATK(at least for non techniques). So if your stat screen show 3500 atk, and your weapon have 1500 raw atk before affixes(so 900 from element), your damage would be counted as if your total atk is 4400(3500 screen+ 900 element). Dont know about the actual element being weakness or not, but if thats how it works then it makes focusing on ATK only even less efficent :/

since we are discusing units and affix, where i can get information of how affix units, what affix require other affixes to pop up, etc.

like a tutorial for dummies since i been doing nothing but use what i got via drops from quest and add them to my units. I need a leg reemplacemet but no luck for a bode leg on forest.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Which I don't disagree with. I just don't see myself nor a large portion of the player base interested in these challenges yet I see way to many people pushing the Idea that having high ATK from units is hyper important when a nice low budget 6s Unit gets you by just fine, especially on non-primary characters / Taco Slaves.
    Which is something I completely get behind. I always tell people affixes are literally the very last thing you should consider if you feel you're not doing enough or have trouble with a challenge. proper strategy, skill tree,build, class understanding, and being sure you're survivable enough all come before caring about attack stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Jene-chan View Post
    Thing about attack is, there is a point of diminishing returns for it. It was explained to me that when you're in the 3000s range, every +30 is worth it, since you're increasing your attack by 1% of your maximum, but once you hit 4K, it becomes +40 and so on. You need to have a balance of pushing attack and survival stats (HP specifically). My FO units are 170 T-Atk/95 HP/9 PP and at my range of T-Atk, I'd have to invest a significant amount of money to actually get a measurable damage increase and I might have to sacrifice stats to do so and I don't really think that's worth it.

Again, in EP5, you need damage, survival and utility. You can run a glass cannon build if you want, but don't be surprised when you're constantly on the floor and people get tired of tossing Moons at you. Even the best players of the game that you see clearing solo Endless have stats/rings build for both offense, survival and utility so there is reason to not aim for the same.

As was said a few pages back, you don't even need to have insane units to hit this. Doing something like Ares/Stat3/Stam3/Omega Reverie/Arks Fever/Booster on a 12* unit is perfectly acceptable and will give you a good range of attack and HP/PP.
    Which I agree with and I'm mostly doing the same on most of my charas, I'm not saying everybody should walk with 200 ATK units, just that +300 ATK is not a insignificant increase in the least. And of course most people that do care will also reach that 200 by banking on affixes like EV/Alter/Flict/Ether and so on to give extra survivability and PP on top of said ATK. There is no question about how skewed the cost-efficiency ratio of unit affixing is, or how a balanced affix tramples an all-out ATK one in most scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by echofaith View Post
    I am curious about how element works. From what I understood in the damage formula, the 60% element portion is added to your total ATK(at least for non techniques). So if your stat screen show 3500 atk, and your weapon have 1500 raw atk before affixes(so 900 from element), your damage would be counted as if your total atk is 4400(3500 screen+ 900 element). Dont know about the actual element being weakness or not, but if thats how it works then it makes focusing on ATK only even less efficent :/
    Element value only applies to raw ATK value of your weapon
    If you get a 2000ATK sword without the affixes, then element adds damage equivalent to 60% of this value, so 1200 ATK worth of extra multiplier. if element attribute matches enemy's weakness, then you get an additional 20% worth on attack on element value (20% of 1200 = 240) which pushes your sword's effective ATK value to 3440

i think some people go all out in 200+ atk in units because they want to become number #1 in parser.

well, some people annoyed when they in the middle of parser.
    yeah, my engrish is bad

Quote Originally Posted by Youmu Konpaku View Post
    i think some people go all out in 200+ atk in units because they want to become number #1 in parser.

well, some people annoyed when they in the middle of parser.
    Honestly, I see people with amazing gear all the time pull poor numbers and I feel they're forgetting ABC - Always Be Casting. Either that or they don't know how to play their class. Sometimes I see people with very low total action counts and I'm wondering what they're doing. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    I enjoy the gameplay I guess, and also the whole mix of sci-fi, fantasy and anime aesthetic, but, I hate the grinding/RNG that is attached to almost everything in the game.
    I feel the same way, game is fun but the grinding is getting boring and annoying after years of playing now. The recent steep exp curve is also a drag.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!