Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

But most importantly "Dedicated Assassadin user." Te/Hu would just be a regular paladin. I could be hitting for 1 damage and die at the sight of a rappy, but I would still play Te/Fi. I did plan on giving Hu a try as main at some point though, I would love to use a Partisan.
    Seems accurate. This is the new one.
    v2.567486457.968

Quote Originally Posted by BloodPuddles View Post
    I'm Te/Fi, that's crazy when I checked out Hero skill tree it was just tons of straight damage boosts. What is top DPS now?
    it's funny you mention this because it shows you don't actually know anything about what the skill tree says. it only has 3 damage boosts on it. the rest are utility, hero gear gauge related, minute attack/def increases, etc.

you can call good classes "cookie cutter" all you want, but at the end of the day this isn't like other RPGs. you don't have a split of healers/tanks/DPS. pso2 has never been like that due to a combination of how aggro works, how classes do damage, and the various types of invulnerability that all classes have access to. there is only 1 support class being te main with whatever sub is convenient (te/fo, te/hu, te/ra) for the content, and everyone is else is a varying damage type whether it be (r-atk) gu/fi, (s-atk) fi/hu, (s-atk) br/hu, (s-atk) fo/te, etc. as much as you might want like bo/fo or something to work, it just sucks no matter what you do with it because the classes aren't compatible. some hybrids can work in certain contexts like say te/fi or fi/bo, but in a lot of content trying to play those classes universally just does noticeably less damage with higher/extreme risk.

my advice to you would be to pick a weapon type(s) you enjoy and then pick the appropriate class/classes from there.

Everyone tells me do Te/Hu, but that completely defeats the purpose of playing an RPG. It's about building a character and getting loot. Using someone else's build is the equivalent of camping. It's more efficient, but ruins the experience and doesn't count as you accomplishing something.
    While I'll be the first to encourage people to try things for themselves, and can understand why people wouldn't want to play something blatantly overpowered. There's absolutely nothing wrong with using the information from people who came before you. Being contrarian for the sake of it is just as bad as mindlessly using whatever people tell you to.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Sep 9, 2018 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    it's funny you mention this because it shows you don't actually know anything about what the skill tree says. it only has 3 damage boosts on it. the rest are utility, hero gear gauge related, minute attack/def increases, etc.

you can call good classes "cookie cutter" all you want, but at the end of the day this isn't like other RPGs. you don't have a split of healers/tanks/DPS. pso2 has never been like that due to a combination of how aggro works, how classes do damage, and the various types of invulnerability that all classes have access to. there is only 1 support class being te main with whatever sub is convenient (te/fo, te/hu, te/ra) for the content, and everyone is else is a varying damage type whether it be (r-atk) gu/fi, (s-atk) fi/hu, (s-atk) br/hu, (s-atk) fo/te, etc. as much as you might want like bo/fo or something to work, it just sucks no matter what you do with it because the classes aren't compatible. some hybrids can work in certain contexts like say te/fi or fi/bo, but in a lot of content trying to play those classes universally just does noticeably less damage with higher/extreme risk.

my advice to you would be to pick a weapon type(s) you enjoy and then pick the appropriate class/classes from there.
    Hero gets 60/50/50 multiplicative boosts, then another ten percent after evading with step, then another 1000 all attack boost from gear, then a tiny 50 all boost. That's more than most classes, put a stance on with that not even counting other sub damage boosts and It's cheese city. Then with how large its main damage boosts are you have tons of sp left to put into its tanky skills. I'm aware this isn't a normal RPG, but almost all games have become get your DPS as high as possible. So still Hero is a cookie cutter, solely for noobs and stupid people.
    Last edited by BloodPuddles; Sep 9, 2018 at 11:05 AM.
    v2.567486457.968

Hero gets 60/50/50 multiplicative boosts, then another ten percent after evading with step, then another 1000 all attack boost from gear, then a tiny 50 all boost. That's more than most classes, put a stance on with that not even counting other sub damage boosts and It's cheese city. Then with how large its main damage boosts are you have tons of sp left to put into its tanky skills. I'm aware this isn't a normal RPG, but almost all games have become get your DPS as high as possible. So still Hero is a cookie cutter, solely for noobs and stupid people.
    Hero can't have a subclass.

Well that's good to know. I hate hero slightly less, but still pretty much equally, that tree without a sub is just crazy simple. I always thought it was just that you couldn't sub Hero, didn't think it went both ways.
    v2.567486457.968

If you were talking about level 85 Gu or something then I'd agree with your sentiment, but most of the classes are fairly well balanced. That doesn't mean every build is going to be good for every type of content though, and knowing what works for you in what kind of content is important. I can understand not wanting to cheese everything, but there's a difference between avoiding something that's overpowered, and intentionally underpowering yourself for no reason other than your pride. Hr isn't anywhere near as face roll as you seem to think.

Ironically this is the only game I don't underpower myself in for the sake of my pride. My Te/Fi is fairly strong I hit for 20-30k just striking damage. I'm going to continue making sure I'm as weak as doably possible in every other game though. Makes it take longer, and makes me feel awesome about doing stuff.

Edit: Correction, I only underpower myself in games where playing through is meant to be a challenge. I'd never do it in any other MMO or Diablo.
    Last edited by BloodPuddles; Sep 9, 2018 at 12:14 PM.
    v2.567486457.968

Whats the problem with hero and people these days, that class is not the hardest hitting class there is and its main multiplier is very punishing in today's content.
    You have to actually be very good at knowing enemies' attacks and dodging to compete with the other strong classes, and still, any random attack from behind or even those stupid infection cores can reset your hero boost, lowering your damage by a lot.

Ironically this is the only game I don't underpower myself in for the sake of my pride. My Te/Fi is fairly strong I hit for 20-30k just striking damage. I'm going to continue making sure I'm as weak as doably possible in every other game though. Makes it take longer, and makes me feel awesome about doing stuff.

Edit: Correction, I only underpower myself in games where playing through is meant to be a challenge. I'd never do it in any other MMO or Diablo.
    I guess it doesn't matter if you play Te/Fi over Te/Hu as long as you aren't complaining while insisting on doing it.