BoPh needs nerfing?
    Because apparently this is a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeD6...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post

jebus christ.

--

is there a way to tell if gespents (or whatever it called, the lv 85 skill) got activated? or when it's restored back? the skill seems passive.
    currently lv 80 phantom atm, can't check it directly in the game

I can't really tell what that BoPh is using but holy.

We live in an age where people somehow think Bouncer needs nerfing because it can use Vinto Gigue quicker. BoPh only stands out if a boss literally isn't moving for you to actually make use of that rotation.

Can someone help me figure out how to play Phantom (rife)? The attack speed and PAs don't seem as powerful and impressive and I was hyped up for. (currently using spread needle instead of PAs)

For rifle you want to use normal kugelsturm and shifted strafe for mobbing, shifted nachtangriff for general single target, and normal nachtangriff for when the target is fairly stationary. For fast moving targets you might want shifted kugelsturm as well since shifted nachtangriff is a projectile. And it's important to be hitting weakpoints with rifle.

Though with spread needle your normal attacks might actually be stronger than your PAs, I'm not entirely sure.

edit: Assuming I'm reading the swiki right spread needle's bonus attacks are 400 power each, in which case yes, normal attacks would be stronger than PAs. Still use kugelsturm and shifted strafe for mobbing though.
    Last edited by megaphone; Apr 28, 2019 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kole View Post
    I can't really tell what that BoPh is using but holy.
    The 880k hits are Vinto. You can tell because it dumps the gear gauge. If I had to guess, they are using short-charged techs to rapidly accumulate gear (boosted by Full Drive, of course) to set up the next Vinto. I can't tell what techs they are using, though, with everything else going on.
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."

Quote Originally Posted by Munstar View Post
    After playing and getting used to the Phantom class for a bit now, I've noticed one glaring problem that I can't find an answer to. I feel like I'm doing something wrong when it comes to gear buildup. I get my dark blast long before i build one bar of gear to be able to use phantom time. Is there a hidden mechanic I'm missing or does it really build that slow?
    Ambivalence (skill in the tree) lets you boost gear by using techniques with Rod. Not sure if there's any other hidden mechanic maybe someone else can help for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwalker View Post
    The 880k hits are Vinto. You can tell because it dumps the gear gauge. If I had to guess, they are using short-charged techs to rapidly accumulate gear (boosted by Full Drive, of course) to set up the next Vinto. I can't tell what techs they are using, though, with everything else going on.
    You don't even need tech to boost it. Just a little kick. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkns31bTSKA
    Last edited by SteveCZ; Apr 29, 2019 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by megaphone View Post
    For rifle you want to use normal kugelsturm and shifted strafe for mobbing, shifted nachtangriff for general single target, and normal nachtangriff for when the target is fairly stationary. For fast moving targets you might want shifted kugelsturm as well since shifted nachtangriff is a projectile. And it's important to be hitting weakpoints with rifle.

Though with spread needle your normal attacks might actually be stronger than your PAs, I'm not entirely sure.

edit: Assuming I'm reading the swiki right spread needle's bonus attacks are 400 power each, in which case yes, normal attacks would be stronger than PAs. Still use kugelsturm and shifted strafe for mobbing though.
    Umm, I did not think about spread needle's damage buff - I was using it for mobbing because of the huge range. Also I didn't really notice a significant damage increase between rifle PAs and the normal attacks (even shift/nachtangriff didn't seem much stronger)