Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Sega has already "allowed" us to get a +1 grind with 300 class xcubes, or that PvP item. I think it's time they consider a third way, through crafting materials, even if it is an exorbitant amount (like 10000 gold materials and 10000 saphards).

Or at an even worst possibility, update Weapon Extending to allow Extending the cap on an -NT weapon, again with an appropriate material cost (for example 300x its current grind cap in Gold- and Saphards)

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Well in the forums that might be the case but don't you need an active subscription to be even able to use these forums? In other words people who say that haven't left the game. Outside of the forums almost nobody complains about the game being too hard back then. Iirc correctly Total Biscuit was super pissed that when Cataclysm hit live they reduced the difficulty tremendously, Since he was covering a lot of the test server and was really liking the challenging aspect. In Jontrons Blizzard Rant Video not once had he mentioned the game becoming too hard (a video that was about Blizzard DMCA'ing Nostalrius, a vanilla server). And I could name you a few other videos where WoW content creators point fingers at the overall lackluster quality of the expansion, Cut content like the path of titans feature and raids for why so many people left since cataclysm and not the high difficulty of the content.
    The official Blizzard forums? You always needed an active subscription for them. Fan forums of course didn't.

Streamers do not represent casual players. They're either hardcore or pseudo-hardcore (ie. they spend a lot of time but do not engage in difficult content). Their concerns and remarks always represent players who follow updates on a game, developer blogs, live streams etc.

Your average casual player doesn't do any of that. The average casual logs in, does whatever he thinks of first or appears as a task, and then logs out. The average casual player does not know about intended new features, cut content, or even how the storyline ends (which hardcore players knew through datamining during betas).

The subscription dip at the start of the Cataclysm, which was the worst dip for the game until then and only surpassed by WoD's dip (5th expansion), included mostly players who hit the point of what they could do before requiring them to engage in hard content (the heroic dungeons at lvl85). This was exactly the reason why Cataclysm felt like 2 different games; the latter half was re-designed to make it easy to progress even for non-invested characters. Hence why Well of Eternity (a very much requested raid) was cancelled and replaced with just a 5man dungeon, and why the last raid in the expansion was designed to be exclusively pug-friendly (seriously, Dragon Soul is even today considered the absolute worst raiding tier of WoW). And while I mentioned the worst subscription dip at the start of the 5th expansion, you know again why it happened. Because character progression in the 5th expansion was gated behind raiding. A casual player who didn't participate in progression raiding hit the point of how far he could improve his gear very quickly, and then had absolutely nothing left to do to make it even better. Nothing except go into organized raiding.
    Last edited by Dark Mits; Nov 25, 2018 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Sega has already "allowed" us to get a +1 grind with 300 class xcubes, or that PvP item. I think it's time they consider a third way, through crafting materials, even if it is an exorbitant amount (like 10000 gold materials and 10000 saphards).

Or at an even worst possibility, update Weapon Extending to allow Extending the cap on an -NT weapon, again with an appropriate material cost (for example 300x its current grind cap in Gold- and Saphards)
    They mentionned a few months back they would look into a way to get a 13* to +35 more easily but that would take time, however the option you suggested got one problem : you can only stack 999 gold/saphard materials, so to use that exhorbitant amount of 10000 or 300xweapon cap, you need to buy material storage , where you can stack up to 65000 of a mat item in 1 single storage space, and pay directly from that storage instead of going through inventory. But since this solution potentially involves real money (you can still get SG via AC, even though there are better options now, unless you want a very big amount quickly), it's not gonna be done
    Last edited by Cyber Meteor; Nov 25, 2018 at 04:23 AM.

Also, uploading some PSO2 musics on Youtube when i got enough time to do it, i might have what you're looking for : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHr...C9cNXO0AjuItAA

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Meteor View Post
    They mentionned a few months back they would look into a way to get a 13* to +35 more easily but that would take time, however the option you suggested got one problem : you can only stack 999 gold/saphard materials, so to use that exhorbitant amount of 10000 or 300xweapon cap, you need to buy material storage , where you can stack up to 65000 of a mat item in 1 single storage space, and pay directly from that storage instead of going through inventory. But since this solution potentially involves real money (you can still get SG via AC, even though there are better options now, unless you want a very big amount quickly), it's not gonna be done
    It can be done by introducing Plat- materials though, at the usual exchange rate of 10 Gold- into 1 Plat-. Similarily for Saphard into something above it (Emerard for example). So instead of 10000 gold-, they could require 999 Plat -, which is 9990 Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    It can be done by introducing Plat- materials though, at the usual exchange rate of 10 Gold- into 1 Plat-. Similarily for Saphard into something above it (Emerard for example). So instead of 10000 gold-, they could require 999 Plat -, which is 9990 Gold.
    That's true but I assume Sega thinks that if they had to introduce Platnia, Platgrimo and Platdest they'd need to introduce Unit counterparts and expand the Weapon and Unit extension system. And tbh I'd like if they did that anyway because Weapon / Unit extension could've been used as a System to keep old Weapons somewhat relevant or at least give them a niche use despite not being mix-max cookie cutter friendly as well as keep players like GHneko happy with Class Addition support items but they completely abandoned that system in EP4.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    did you not farm these the first time nem/slave NT came out? trying to get them during the Ares NT release was basically needle in a ocean of hay at that point. I farmed when they first released and got the remainder through stones during the Ares NT boost weeks so im not nearly on a struggle like most people

and CFs remedy the RNG to an extent, while they may not be op weapons because of how easy they are to get (thank god its this way since people would just the op gear too fast then stop playing), the drop only weapons will usually be the best and genuinely for good reason
    I'm not gonna lie, I probably didn't farm them as much as a lot of other people did, but I also don't have much free time to use for things like this. But I do what I can to keep up.
    I got a few weapons but 90% of the time it's different weapon types. It generally adds up with the problem that BloodPuddles, it's not that I don't get any rare drops but not what I want and not
    what I need to finish what I want to finish. Of course me not having as much time as I would like adds to it, too. I just wish the whole +35 thing would not exist. It has been one of the greatest nuisances in the game to me.

Main Characters:
    Karen Erra FI/ET 95 • Myuria PH 95 • Lady Harken BR/ET 95
    Raya GU/ET 95 • Anyusha Iljin LU 95 • 鈴来アイカ SU/PH 95
    ディスコルディア・「χ」ET 95 • Melody HR 95 • and more

That's true but I assume Sega thinks that if they had to introduce Platnia, Platgrimo and Platdest they'd need to introduce Unit counterparts and expand the Weapon and Unit extension system. And tbh I'd like if they did that anyway because Weapon / Unit extension could've been used as a System to keep old Weapons somewhat relevant or at least give them a niche use despite not being mix-max cookie cutter friendly as well as keep players like GHneko happy with Class Addition support items but they completely abandoned that system in EP4.
    I'm also kind of sad that weapons have "advanced" to 15* rarity, but we're still at 12* for units. I think I would have liked it more if Sega kept us at 14* for 1-2 years more considering their "rarity" in our equipment sets, and instead gave us 13* units with new types of perks.

... Class Addition support items but they completely abandoned that system in EP4.
    Speaking of which, have those even shown up in scratch at all lately? Even support item scratch, at least?

Quote Originally Posted by kurokyosuke View Post
    Speaking of which, have those even shown up in scratch at all lately? Even support item scratch, at least?
    I don't think they've been in any rotation since EP3.
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Erra View Post
    Snip
    Oh man Karen, it's been a while. You still running around slaying low level monsters because I have no internet or expansion and am sad the game ended?
    Seems accurate. This is the new one.
    v2.567486457.968

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kintama View Post
    Wow, are they serious? This sounds like some cartoon rant, i thought the fact that Sakai showed up during streams was rather reassuring since it meant the dev team was actually there and listening, now what's left, guests and the hype girl with the high pitched voice?
    and yeah the weird part about all this to me is that they're still going to be working on the game, and well, we're technically still going to have the ARKS Lives to serve as developer Q&A. so yeah all this kinda means is the PSO2 stations got left to them is being a Hype Generator and basis for questions to be submitted for the followup ARKS Live.

it's just I guess now we're going to have to live with the fact that Sakai has to move forward knowing that nobody wants to be his friend, but it'll be awkward because he's still here, and still mostly in charge, it's just he won't be showing himself?

like what are they going to just put a hologram of Gene and Matoi in their chairs now to make the viewers feel better or something? I don't really get what's going on, since this kind of thing is usually paired up with somebody leaving the project or company, but, its not,..
    Last edited by Zorak000; Nov 26, 2018 at 12:02 AM.