Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default PSO2 and other Games with Gatcha Prizes in Japan Could be in Trouble.

From: https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news...on-1203038178/

"Belgium, Netherlands, and Japan have moved to regulate the use of loot boxes in video games given this close link to gambling."
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

The gacha scratch thing is part of the reason the game had such a difficult failure of getting to the US. This is nothing new and probably won't change things since this is an American issue and wont really mess about playing a Japanese game for the general Japanese audience.

Games from Blizzard (Overwatch/HOTS) or whatever might be a different story.
    Last edited by Sayara; Nov 28, 2018 at 04:04 PM.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Quote Originally Posted by Sayara View Post
    The gacha scratch thing is part of the reason the game had such a difficult failure of getting to the US. This is nothing new and probably won't change things since this is an American issue and wont really mess about playing a Japanese game for the general Japanese audience.

Games from Blizzard (Overwatch/HOTS) or whatever might be a different story.
    I know about NA and Europe, but now Japan is looking in it as well. Guess they may want to regulate is like they do with other forms of gambling.
    Spoiler!

NOOO!!! Toram. If people don't gamble on gems to get all the boss drops I'll have no game to farm them. Then what'll I play when I'm too tired to sit up?

P.S. That bitch makes me ashamed to be from here, worlds largest arcade is the only thing that makes me wanna stay.

Edit: Never mind, I just checked if it still was. We were beat by Chicago in 2008. Funspot really needs to change the "Worlds largest arcade" junk all over the place.

Edit again: It's really wierd, when that Chicago one beat it it was named Largest arcade in the U.S.A. I can't find anything on any bigger ones though. If someone knows about it I'd appreciate some info, it's got me really curious.

*Deep voice* Hahahaha, mortals: As you can tell I'm really bored, I learned I mixed it up. Funspot was named biggest in the world in 2008, then that Chicago one beat it since then. I think that is the biggest, if not I'm nearly positive it's Club Sega. (Sort of ironic.)

Teh internets crushes beneath the weight of this post: I've confirmed it. The Galloping Ghost in Chicago is the largest arcade in the world. You don't need to thank me, just doin muh job. You're welcome.
    Last edited by BloodPuddles; Nov 28, 2018 at 05:30 PM.
    Seems accurate. This is the new one.
    v2.567486457.968

Quote Originally Posted by BloodPuddles View Post
    NOOO!!! Toram. If people don't gamble on gems to get all the boss drops I'll have no game to farm them. Then what'll I play when I'm too tired to sit up?
    You got it wrong here. Topic is not about RNG drop but AC Scratch (real money) gambling.
    The main Idea: If you need concrete Item from the Scratch you'll need to gamble in order to get it - to pay real money not for this item but for just TRIES.
    I really hate this Lootbox player-robbing system and I'm glad about the government gonna consider it's illegal thing.
    Last edited by Zulastar; Nov 28, 2018 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post
    You got it wrong here. Topic is not about RNG drop but AC Scratch (real money) gambling.
    The main Idea: If you need concrete Item from the Scratch you'll need to gamble in order to get it - to pay real money not for this item but for just TRIES.
    I really hate this Lootbox player-robbing system and I'm glad about the government gonna consider it's illegal thing.
    It really blows when you have to look at micro transactions/DLC as the lesser of 2 evils
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodPuddles View Post

P.S. That bitch makes me ashamed to be from here, worlds largest arcade is the only thing that makes me wanna stay.

Edit: Never mind, I just checked if it still was. We were beat by Chicago in 2008. Funspot really needs to change the "Worlds largest arcade" junk all over the place.

Edit again: It's really wierd, when that Chicago one beat it it was named Largest arcade in the U.S.A. I can't find anything on any bigger ones though. If someone knows about it I'd appreciate some info, it's got me really curious.

*Deep voice* Hahahaha, mortals: As you can tell I'm really bored, I learned I mixed it up. Funspot was named biggest in the world in 2008, then that Chicago one beat it since then. I think that is the biggest, if not I'm nearly positive it's Club Sega. (Sort of ironic.)

Teh internets crushes beneath the weight of this post: I've confirmed it. The Galloping Ghost in Chicago is the largest arcade in the world. You don't need to thank me, just doin muh job. You're welcome.
    what heck did i just read???

Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post
    keep big brother out of my video games, thanks

Wouldn't Sega counter it by saying "Using the gacha X times gives you a ticket that allows you to purchase any item that you like without RNG."?

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    keep big brother out of my video games, thanks
    Government oversight is a good thing where it's proven that without it, the corporations responsible end up harming the people they're squeezing all the cash out of. As is the case with lootboxes - it's gambling, and hurts peoples' lives the same way gambling does.

Oh no that was basically about loot boxes. Toram uses gachas for cosmetics, and gems. There's an extremely small chance to get one of four gems that boosts all the boss drop rates to 25, 50, 75, and 100%. The whales that want to get super overpowered are the ones funding the game by using all three tries every day. Also like once a year they make a pack that let's you get one of every tier of gem for 30$ so you're guaranteed at least a 25%. It's not game breaking at all though, there's like 30-40 bosses in the game now, so it's not that crazy to get one boss crysta and weapon dye.(I think it's actually good for the game, boss crystas are extremely powerful/rare. So with the whales always buying that junk, the players who farm hard with bad luck can buy them.

Edit: I fort to specify, people with bad luck can buy them in game from the real world purchasers.
    Last edited by BloodPuddles; Nov 29, 2018 at 09:04 AM.
    Seems accurate. This is the new one.
    v2.567486457.968